2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Why we Mustang-lovers LOVE Spring...

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/13 | 05:40 AM
I Have No Life

Why we Mustang-lovers LOVE Spring...

To be able to hear that Coyote heartbeat again.

To be able to row through that MGW again.

To be able to run my hands through her every curve as I detail her.

To be able to stare at her glistening Kona Blue paint again.

To be able hear her resonating pipes again (this time, with full Borla cutback).

To be able to see and smile at people walking and people driving, as they crane their necks at Marilyn, smile, and give me thumbs up.

^ That my friends, is why we Mustang lovers (who store their cars over winter), LOVE Spring. Am I right? Or am I right?

I started this thread just to vent, but in a good way. Sorry I have been AWOL for a few months. But as Marilyn hibernates, so do I. I find myself trolling the forums (like Joe??? hahhahahaha) until spring. This winter has been a LONG, COLD, and did I say LONG and COLD? lol. I am just SO ecstatic to be able to drive her again. I didn't realize how much I missed her. I even crossed 4000 miles last week! True, there's still some salt and sand on the ground (I usually wait till it's TOTALLY clear before I take her out). But this time, there was just something about this winter that really tested my patience.

The moment I took her out, I didn't realize how much I REALLY love this car. It's perfect to me, at least for the moment. Some of you know I was THIS close to getting a Roush Charger. But unfortunately, that will have to wait a while, since my "ability" to procure one has changed. I had to "make do" with the Borla full catback for now. And it was a great compromise indeed. I have renewed love for her, and apparently so do my friends and other people. It totally transformed Marilyn, in a VERY good way.

Last thing, in the week that I had her out... I really enjoyed other car fanatics as well. Aside from the stares, the smiles, and the thumbsups, I have gotten a few more "intimate" experiences. Example 1... I came up upon a new black Infiniti M45x on the road. As I go by, he suddenly guns it to come up behind me, then guns it again to come up beside me... then suddenly retreats behind me again (did he see my 5.0 badge and back off??? lol). He then goes in the left turn lane to turn, but before doing so, gives me a big thumbs up and smiles. Example 2... I park at Target wayyyy in the back. I come out to see a new BMW X5 park adjacent (not next) to me. He gets out, locks his car (beep!), then as he walks away, continues to crane his neck at Marilyn. I come up to it and press unlock. Marilyn's lights flash, and he gets startled. He sees me and states, "Nice MUSTANG!!!". In politeness, I respond "Nice Beamer!". Surpisingly, he calmly says "Nah, I'd rather have the Mustang!". Obviously, I couldn't say the same about his car.... so instead, I leave it with "Thanks!". This is merely in 2 days of the week that I drove Marilyn this year.

That my friends, is why I love spring.

Share your stories.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/30/13 at 05:55 AM.
Old 3/30/13 | 05:44 AM
I Have No Life

Some photos of Marilyn's "coming out Party - 2013". Detailed with Fuzion, then photos taken with Nikon D60, via 50mm 1.8.

Name:  DSC_0274.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0264.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0254.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  116.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0253.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  109.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0250.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  125.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0241-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  108.9 KB

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/30/13 at 05:45 AM.
Old 3/30/13 | 05:50 AM
Cobra Member

Funny, I normally would wait until we get some good rains to wash the salt, etc off the roads but I finally broke down and took mine out yesterday....
Old 3/30/13 | 06:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JCStang
Funny, I normally would wait until we get some good rains to wash the salt, etc off the roads but I finally broke down and took mine out yesterday....
I'm still waiting for a good rain, but poor Keira sits and waits in storage. Can't wait to bring her out (hopefully by tax day); plenty of mods stacked up in my basement.
Old 3/30/13 | 06:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I know exactly why your talking about.

This year I put on a x pipe and axle back exhaust an my car is louder than diesel trucks. I like driving through downtown. I live in a small town outside of Raleigh. But it's pretty old and all the buildings are connected so when I drive down through main street my car echoes. People all around staring an point.

Mustangs definitely get a lot of love. One of my best friends bought a new m3 and nobody cares. He never gets any of the attention.
Old 3/30/13 | 07:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Your car looks great! She looks happy to get out. I know exactly what your talking about 05josh, my friend bought a new charger to have some fun with me and he never gets any attention at all in that thing, something about stangs..
Old 3/30/13 | 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I too could not wait any longer up here in Minnesota, I took her out for a spin yesterday, had to hear the new kooks headers breath!
Oh she screams!
And wouldn't you know it, it's raining today, washing all that nasty stuff off the roads.
Old 3/30/13 | 07:48 AM
I Have No Life

Thanks guys. I am so sick of this winter...all the windows closed up, our kids getting sick, etc. I was willing to live with the sound of sand pinging my wheel wells...ugh. At least now I can wash it.

Originally Posted by 05GTJOSH
I know exactly why your talking about.

This year I put on a x pipe and axle back exhaust an my car is louder than diesel trucks. I like driving through downtown. I live in a small town outside of Raleigh. But it's pretty old and all the buildings are connected so when I drive down through main street my car echoes. People all around staring an point.

Mustangs definitely get a lot of love. One of my best friends bought a new m3 and nobody cares. He never gets any of the attention.
Yeah exactly. I swear I am getting more looks this time around. Maybe it's a case of they HEAR me before the see me. Then when they see me, they're even more flabbergasted. Hahahaha.

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Your car looks great! She looks happy to get out. I know exactly what your talking about 05josh, my friend bought a new charger to have some fun with me and he never gets any attention at all in that thing, something about stangs..
Originally Posted by Tron84
I too could not wait any longer up here in Minnesota, I took her out for a spin yesterday, had to hear the new kooks headers breath!
Oh she screams!
And wouldn't you know it, it's raining today, washing all that nasty stuff off the roads.
Tron, do you have any vids of those kooks headers? I'm curious. Does this require a tune?
Old 3/30/13 | 10:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just waiting for one of these to clean up the winter mess.

Name:  k11259416_zps96471cff.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  38.2 KB
Old 3/30/13 | 10:15 AM
Banned

Is there a difference between winter and spring?? I don't think so
Old 3/30/13 | 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful car man , so glad i live in the south
Old 3/30/13 | 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I couldn't resist either...Took my 5.0 out yesterday for a spin...boy oh boy did I miss that V8 rumble!

And the rubber necking was happening all over the place ahaha, everyone had their cars out yesterday so it was a nice car show down on the lakeshore!

I must say...our front end still makes me smile...I do love it a lot more than the new ones

Its suppose to snow again here on Monday though...so im not getting to excited yet...

Last edited by LLZuB; 3/30/13 at 10:43 AM.
Old 3/30/13 | 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got to put on my new redline gas springs and BMR strut tower today, will take her out for a ride tomorrow. In a week or two will give it a proper sealent/wax detail job.
Old 3/30/13 | 11:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have been waiting patiently for the weather to break here and I am glad that it did enough for me to venture out a little today. Something about hitting the floor with my right foot in 5th till she's screaming at all the cars that I'm passing till the guy in the Beamer is just a light in my rearview makes the cost of gas relevant. I love the autobahn.
Old 3/30/13 | 11:25 AM
GT Member

The suspense is killing me... My Kona Blue 2012 sits waiting until i get the cast off my broken wrist. Today is the first sunny 70 degree day of the year, but my pony has to wait because I can't reach the shifter.
Old 3/30/13 | 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow! Your car looks nice. Fuzion you say? I'm going to have to get some of that. Your car looks awesome.
Old 3/30/13 | 12:40 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Very much so. Winters are always below freezing, with snow all over. Undriveable. Spring means that it is drivable but very slushy. However in my case, both times are not driveable for me. Marilyn never gets dirty.

Originally Posted by Burke985
Beautiful car man , so glad i live in the south
Thank you sir. I am so jealous of your location however.

Originally Posted by LLZuB
I couldn't resist either...Took my 5.0 out yesterday for a spin...boy oh boy did I miss that V8 rumble!

And the rubber necking was happening all over the place ahaha, everyone had their cars out yesterday so it was a nice car show down on the lakeshore!

I must say...our front end still makes me smile...I do love it a lot more than the new ones

Its suppose to snow again here on Monday though...so im not getting to excited yet...
I agree with you 100%. The front end of the 2011 and 2012 mustangs are in my opinion a lot sexier and meaner looking than the 2013+.

Originally Posted by skramblr
The suspense is killing me... My Kona Blue 2012 sits waiting until i get the cast off my broken wrist. Today is the first sunny 70 degree day of the year, but my pony has to wait because I can't reach the shifter.
I am so sorry to hear that. Heal quick.

Originally Posted by db2797
Wow! Your car looks nice. Fuzion you say? I'm going to have to get some of that. Your car looks awesome.
Thank you for the very kind words. Yes that is the detailing wax that I use. However, remember that a lot of the work is in the prep work. You have to make sure that your paint surfaces are well clayed and swirl free. The waxy choose is just icing on the cake.
Old 3/30/13 | 12:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Sure, winter chilly about 15 degrees, Spring warm and sunny 45 degrees.. LOL
Old 3/30/13 | 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Very much so. Winters are always below freezing, with snow all over. Undriveable. Spring means that it is drivable but very slushy. However in my case, both times are not driveable for me. Marilyn never gets dirty.
You should move lol
Old 3/30/13 | 12:46 PM
I Have No Life

You should move lol
I wish. Slowly getting rooted here. Love the work, the family, and the seasons.

Quick Reply: Why we Mustang-lovers LOVE Spring...