2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Why me?

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/12, 03:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking

Looks like your car took the hit pretty well too. Im still real surprised at how well these rear bumpers handle significant impacts
Most cars designed today are made to crumple in the front to absorb the impact. My guess is if you hit someone the front of the mustang would crumple to. Safety feature I think.
Old 6/25/12, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I've actually seen a couple of 10+ Mustangs rear end other cars and the front of our cars destroy whatever they ram into, and our hoods barely even bend...
Old 6/25/12, 04:41 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yea i bumped the lady in front of me barely at all but my hoods bent a tad. She took off though, guess she didnt have insurance
Old 6/25/12, 04:43 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Yea i bumped the lady in front of me barely at all but my hoods bent a tad. She took off though, guess she didnt have insurance
A driver in Corpus without insurance? No way.

Glad you are ok.
Old 6/25/12, 05:21 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

A driver in Corpus without insurance? No way.

Glad you are ok.
Haha guessin youve heard how bad we are lol yea its real bad down here. I looked in the trunk and the area where the spare tire is supposed to go is crumpled a lil bit. Check frame work as best i could and no visible damage but id have to take the panels off to really look. Heres a pic of the trunk. Anyone have an idea of what its gonna cost to fix this??
Attached Thumbnails Why me?-image-3147114928.jpg  
Old 6/25/12, 07:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glenn
pics of the girl that hit you?? Was she hot??
^ can't believe it took 20 posts for someone to ask
Old 6/25/12, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
pics of the girl that hit you?? Was she hot?? Hopefully your car will get fixed quickly
Hahaha.......that was my FIRST thought !!!!! I hope it didn't mess up your suspension -
Old 6/25/12, 09:36 PM
FR500 Member

She wasnt even cute guys
Old 6/25/12, 09:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Well that sucks. With what it did to the floor pan of the trunk I'm gonna say they're going to find a whole lot more ****ed up stuff than what meets the eye when they start taking it apart.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/25/12 at 09:46 PM.
Old 6/25/12, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
^ can't believe it took 20 posts for someone to ask
LOL
Old 6/25/12, 10:05 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Well that sucks. With what it did to the floor pan of the trunk I'm gonna say they're going to find a whole lot more ****ed up stuff than what meets the eye when they start taking it apart.
Im really hoping the damage is minimal. I wont have to pay a penny but its just gonna keep my out of the car for a longer time which is no bueno

I got under the car and checked everything out and suspension seems fine, all rails and supports look normal. I cant see under body panels though so i cant be entirely sure
Old 6/25/12, 11:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh no!

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You could be right

Whilst the damage looks minimal, who knows what damage may have been done to the rear suspension. Any alignment issues will mean it drives log a dog

Hope it's fixed quickly........and correctly.
Old 6/25/12, 11:46 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

You could be right

Whilst the damage looks minimal, who knows what damage may have been done to the rear suspension. Any alignment issues will mean it drives log a dog

Hope it's fixed quickly........and correctly.
I drove it home and that was about a 10 mile drive. Took as many turns as i could, went over speed bumps, did a couple quick stabs of the throttle an everything was fine. No clunks, skaes, rattles, or anything of the sort. The floor pan is makin me worry about the back half of the car structurally. Everything looked ok to me, but again i cant see under the body panels
Old 6/26/12, 06:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Gster

Most cars designed today are made to crumple in the front to absorb the impact. My guess is if you hit someone the front of the mustang would crumple to. Safety feature I think.
I hit a deer at a net 20-25 mph or so back in September 2010 in my '11 GT 'vert. Damage was to front bumper, hood, grill, LF fender, A/C condenser, lights, etc. FELT like $50 damage, LOOKED like $500. Actual bill came out to nearly $5000! Once that aluminum hood gets bent it needs to be replaced, and the unpainted aluminum hood part alone was over $1300. Everything's stupid-expensive to repair nowadays.
Old 6/26/12, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you're OK - now would you mind telling us which grade of titanium you used for the rear end? Just messin' - looks like the steel in the trunk pan did a real number on that KIA - didn't expect that - it's apparently a lot stronger than I thought it may be.

Depending on how bad the damage is, consider getting reimbursed for diminished value - you might have enough damage it will show up on a Car Fax.
Old 6/26/12, 11:01 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Kinyodas
Glad you're OK - now would you mind telling us which grade of titanium you used for the rear end? Just messin' - looks like the steel in the trunk pan did a real number on that KIA - didn't expect that - it's apparently a lot stronger than I thought it may be.

Depending on how bad the damage is, consider getting reimbursed for diminished value - you might have enough damage it will show up on a Car Fax.
Yea im still kinda shocked at how strong the *** end of the car is. Guess that full diaper is good for something!
Im actually on the phone with her insurance company now. The officer wrote her information down incorrectly so that why nothing was showing up. Things are getting straigtened up as i type this so we'll see how things go. Fingers crossed that the damage isnt too bad.
Old 6/26/12, 11:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
She wasnt even cute guys
Then I hope you smacked a *****
Old 6/26/12, 03:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 908ssp
Was she putting on eye make-up? Maybe texting? Just checking her calander make sure she gets the dog to the groomers?
Exactly what I was thinking. On the days my wife drives (we car pool), I count the number of folks on the highways talking (non hands free), texting, or reading (yep, they place a book or newspaper accross the steering wheel).

I give up when the count reaches 20 in 10 minutes.

Sorry about that "fender bender"; her car looks like it hit a truck! Good to know the back ends of our Mustangs ar stout!
Old 6/28/12, 06:10 PM

CCTKing - How is your car coming?

After 3 weeks I finally got her back today. I replaced the stock GT rear diffuser with the GT500/CS/Boss rear diffuser. The exhaust is Ford Racing and finally, I opted for the Boss/CS front lower fascia with Boss front Splitter. A&B Collision on Staten Island did an unbelievable job. The paint matchup looked perfect. I definately recommend them.
Attached Thumbnails Why me?-image-1306562329.jpg   Why me?-image-903276467.jpg   Why me?-img_1862.jpg  

Last edited by SI_stang; 6/28/12 at 06:23 PM.
Old 6/28/12, 06:14 PM
GT Member

tell her insurance that you would like loss of value ...that is a seperate check they will pay you for the trouble and loss . it's usually 10-20 % of the cost to repair it. who is the insurance company she uses?