Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/11, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Why?

Why is it: trucks think they can out run you? speeding cars slow down next to you and pull in front of you into your lane and slow down, and then speed up when you pull out to pass? bugs splat is right at eye level on the driver side? you can never reach the end of your mod list?
Old 9/25/11, 03:04 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SGwick
Why is it: trucks think they can out run you? speeding cars slow down next to you and pull in front of you into your lane and slow down, and then speed up when you pull out to pass? bugs splat is right at eye level on the driver side? you can never reach the end of your mod list?
There are only two trucks in my area that can beat me. And I would hate to see the bills they pay to make them run that way.
Old 9/25/11, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this just goes hand in hand with owning a sports car in general, but since the Mustang and Camaro are so identifiable, we get singled out more often.

I use my car for me and a co-worker to carpool to and from work each day, and it just seems like they are out to get me all the time.
Old 9/25/11, 07:23 PM
Cobra R Member

I have had 1 ride want to race me. It was a dumba$$ group of HS boys. They were in a lifted 4x4 4 door Ford, I think F-350? I'd never race. It was on a stretch oh highway you do not want to drive fast on! Tons of crashes, so cops are a plenty!

Just dumb spoiled kids.
Old 9/25/11, 07:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good it's not just me then.
Old 9/25/11, 08:13 PM

because they all most likely have V8's and exhausts which in their minds = muscle car. they sound big and bad so naturally the drivers try to equate that with fast and end up just looking stupid.
Old 9/25/11, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have taken note of the Fud who goes 5mph under the speed limit on a single lane highway. But when the all to rare passing lane is present suddenly feels the need to surge ahead at 10mph over the limit. Thus reducing greatly the number of cars which are able to take advantage of the passing oppertunity. I suspect an a** H*** gene.
Old 9/25/11, 08:24 PM
V6 Member

It's gotten a bit annoying now approaching my 7th full year of Mustang ownership. It seems to have gotten worse as the car has been modded and become more visually imposing on top of the Orange color and the license plate. And its more than just what has been noted by the OP....I have an issue with people just being automatically rude jerks for no reason or in no way proportional with whatever is going on. It's as if they assume a catalog of things about the driver based on the car...and apparently that catalog is filled with bad things