Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Who went from coupe to vert?

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/10, 06:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
long drives on highway it's great to have top down but windows up...

live here in vanc/cdn and it's already getting cooler...top down,windows up and heater on!!!

so does the vert not have better rear speakers then standard coupe? (my fox has amp under drivers seat compared to coupe and you can really notice the improved sound)
This can literally add months to the top down season. Here in nyc I am top down pretty much March - November. Sometimes longer. Anything over 40 degrees. And windows up of course.....

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=130
Old 9/10/10, 06:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must have one of those. They are incredible!
Old 9/10/10, 06:31 AM
GT Member

If you are stuck deciding between a coupe or vert you should check out the glass roof. In my profile I have a picture of mine open. I believe I read it only adds 28 pounds to the overall weight. I love mine. It makes the cabin a lot more roomy.
Old 9/10/10, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang-4.6
If you are stuck deciding between a coupe or vert you should check out the glass roof. In my profile I have a picture of mine open. I believe I read it only adds 28 pounds to the overall weight. I love mine. It makes the cabin a lot more roomy.
Thanks for the tip, there's a dealer close by with a vert V6 manual and a GT auto w/ glass roof I'm going to go check out
Old 9/10/10, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Anytime, hope it all works out.
Old 9/10/10, 09:12 AM
Cobra R Member

so does the vert not have better rear speakers then standard coupe? (my fox has amp under drivers seat compared to coupe and you can really notice the improved sound)
Back in 1993 I rented a Fox convertible that had an awesome-sounding stereo with lots of bass, so I see your point. And the 2011 premium vert's stereo is certainly adequate (especially with "Party in the U.S.A", LOL), but it's the front speakers doing most of the work. A more recent side-by-side comparison with a 2010 premium coupe revealed to me that the coupe's rear speakers produce more sound. Not a huge difference, maybe 15% to 20%, but enough to be another reason I wished I'd bought a coupe.
Old 9/10/10, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Back in 1993 I rented a Fox convertible that had an awesome-sounding stereo with lots of bass, so I see your point. And the 2011 premium vert's stereo is certainly adequate (especially with "Party in the U.S.A", LOL), but it's the front speakers doing most of the work. A more recent side-by-side comparison with a 2010 premium coupe revealed to me that the coupe's rear speakers produce more sound. Not a huge difference, maybe 15% to 20%, but enough to be another reason I wished I'd bought a coupe.
You sure the fade was not just adjusted that way? You can adjust the fade to bias towards the back speakers also......
Old 9/10/10, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mustang-4.6
Check out our avatars! Coupe and vert next to each other, same color, some stance
Old 9/10/10, 10:41 AM
GT Member

Yeah lol! I noticed the same thing. Your vert looks good. They are nice to have for long drives on sunny days.
Old 9/10/10, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm sure a 'vert could be addictive as I have become addicted to the glass roof. But I think of a vert more like a boat...it's fun to ride in someone else's.

One of my friend's wife has a new edge vert and another friend has a '10 vert. Lots of fun to ride in but I'm not crazy about driving either of them. They love them though.
Old 9/11/10, 12:11 AM
SD6
Bullitt Member

long drives on highway it's great to have top down but windows up...

live here in vanc/cdn and it's already getting cooler...top down,windows up and heater on!!!
Hear hear! Even on cool mornings (like recent 12 degree Celcius ones) I've gone to work top down, windows up, and heater on - as Tony the Tiger would say, it's grrrrrrrreat!

Also if I'm using the handsfree bluetooth having the windows up provides better conversation volumes on both ends.

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
I'd rather just invest in the wind deflector. Looks much better and has almost the same effect.
That's exactly why I'm thinking about getting a CDC bar like yours - to get a wind deflector.
Yours looks good in the pics, but I'd like to see one in person before pushing the order button.
Old 9/11/10, 02:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Back in 1993 I rented a Fox convertible that had an awesome-sounding stereo with lots of bass, so I see your point.
ya i don't know what they did back in 93...but this stock radio-amp/cassette (ya i still have my old ones) is loud..with a killer bass

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SD6....if you look in todays vancouver sun newspaper section G8 i think it was...ford has full page ad showing family pricing and extra 1000 off for costco members...i would take it in to your dealership...
Old 9/11/10, 07:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by falhulk
You sure the fade was not just adjusted that way? You can adjust the fade to bias towards the back speakers also......
That's the first thing I checked. No, I had that car & my car adjusted equally. Oh well...
Old 9/11/10, 07:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SD6
That's exactly why I'm thinking about getting a CDC bar like yours - to get a wind deflector.
Yours looks good in the pics, but I'd like to see one in person before pushing the order button.
You can have the wind deflector without the bar (its support is independent of the light bar). Just won't look as cool.
Old 9/11/10, 06:57 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

SD6....if you look in todays vancouver sun newspaper section G8 i think it was...ford has full page ad showing family pricing and extra 1000 off for costco members...i would take it in to your dealership...
Thanks Tom, definitely going to do that!
You can have the wind deflector without the bar (its support is independent of the light bar). Just won't look as cool.
Hmmm interesting, I had thought the light bar was required for the screen.
EDIT: Maybe I was confused by the description on the screen? "The perfect addition to any Mustang convertible with the Classic Light Bar"
The word addition to me suggested the bar was needed first.

Last edited by SD6; 9/11/10 at 07:00 PM.
Old 9/13/10, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey now what are you trying to say

Originally Posted by SD6
Thanks Tom, definitely going to do that!

Hmmm interesting, I had thought the light bar was required for the screen.
EDIT: Maybe I was confused by the description on the screen? "The perfect addition to any Mustang convertible with the Classic Light Bar"
The word addition to me suggested the bar was needed first.
The light bar is definately not needed. This was the first purchase I made for my car. Almost 1 month before I even had it. It really is a must have for any Vert owner IMO.
Old 9/23/10, 08:11 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Correctomundo! Nothing is more sissy than a top down windows up vert! As for chilly drives, that's what a tonneau cover is for. Snap the passenger side in place and crank the heat. But windows stay down!!!!!!!!!
TMS SEARCH IS SO LAME!!! I typed in convertible, tonneau cover, thread, post, and still couldn't find this thread. But google did in seconds. What a sorry site!!!!!!!

Anyway, I was pulling out of Costco gas pump yesterday and in my mirror I saw a white vert pulling in to the pumps beside me. The guy had the top down because it was a beautiful sunny 78 degs. But he had the windows up....

I wanted to yell "Put those windows down you *****!!!"
Old 9/24/10, 08:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
TMS SEARCH IS SO LAME!!! I typed in convertible, tonneau cover, thread, post, and still couldn't find this thread. But google did in seconds. What a sorry site!!!!!!!

Anyway, I was pulling out of Costco gas pump yesterday and in my mirror I saw a white vert pulling in to the pumps beside me. The guy had the top down because it was a beautiful sunny 78 degs. But he had the windows up....

I wanted to yell "Put those windows down you *****!!!"

That is truely shameful! Not you, the guy with the convertible with his windows up on a 78-deg day.

OTOH, at least he had his top down. What amazes me is how many convertibles I see with their tops UP on a beautiful sunny day of 80 degrees or so. I want to ask them what kind of weather they're waiting for, or ask them why they even bought a convertible in the 1st place?!?

The biggest offenders seem to be Saab and Solstice convertible owners. I sometimes think Saab convertible tops must not be able to retract.

I've stated before that if I had it to do over, I'd buy a Brembo coupe, but I am still enjoying the heck out of my topless-ability every chance I get. Sometimes the top stays down for days....(and no I won't put my windows up, at least not yet!)

Last edited by Double-EDad; 10/20/10 at 04:51 PM.
Old 9/24/10, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
How many vert owners bought the optional cover ($160) and how often do you use it?
Old 9/24/10, 12:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
How many vert owners bought the optional cover ($160) and how often do you use it?
What optional cover are you talking about? The boot?

Quick Reply: Who went from coupe to vert?