Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Where do you put your stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/13, 09:36 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do you put your stuff?

I just got my 2013 V6 premium manual convertible this week and I love it. The problem is I have driven an SUV for about the last 10 years and have grown very accustomed to having what I consider the 'essentials of home' with me at all times. This morning I started cleaning out my old car and found that I have basicly NO room for my stuff, even my glasses.

Can some of you tell me what you do to keep your stuff with you and organized? My best idea so far is to get a medium sized camera case.W
Old 9/8/13, 09:52 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I carry a small 9x12 cooler on the passenger seat at all times. In that I have a small zipper pouch/organizer that takes up about 1/3 of the cooler leaving room for water and a bit of food.

http://www.igloocoolers.com/Coolers/...n-Legend-Black

Or this EveryDayCarry/EDC Bag is a great item:

Amazon.com: UTG Multi-Functional Tactical Messenger Bag, Black: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: UTG Multi-Functional Tactical Messenger Bag, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/8/13 at 10:00 AM.
Old 9/8/13, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I carry a small 9x12 cooler on the passenger seat at all times. In that I have a small zipper pouch/organizer that takes up about 1/3 of the cooler leaving room for water and a bit of food.
Glovebox holds my sunglasses, manual, and a couple other small things. Center console holds change in a ziplock bag, tire pressure gauge, wallet, phone, etc. And in the trunk, I have a reusable shopping bag with jumper cables, a quart of oil/funnel, blanket, raincoat, etc.

That's all I need but I agree, the storage in the car is poor. Wish it had a compartment on top of the dash where that big square indentation is, like Mazda6 had.
Old 9/8/13, 10:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
You could probably get all your stuff in one of these.
Attached Thumbnails Where do you put your stuff?-5_x_8_trailer_image_1.jpg  
Old 9/8/13, 10:30 AM
V6 Member

Funny you mention the Mazda 6. My son has one with that compartment and it is great.
Old 9/8/13, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
You could probably get all your stuff in one of these.
I already purchased the trailer hitch (for bike rack) and I have a 4x8 lightweight utility trailer for those Home Depot runs.

I'll probably mount my hitch tomorrow night.
Old 9/8/13, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
The glove box holds my user manuals, a calculator, and a small Maglite. The center console has a tire pressure gauge, driving gloves, a small kleenex pack, a pen and a notepad, and two CDs with MP3 files on them. There is still room in there for more stuff if needed.

All my personal stuff goes in a great leather carryall that I bought several years ago when I got tired of my hip hurting from sitting on my wallet, not to mention ruining good leather wallets. My carryall is about 9" tall by 7 1/2" wide by 3" thick at the bottom. It holds my wallet and a change container, my cell phone, my reading glasses in a case, a hair brush, a packet of kleenex, a notepad and a pen, a small bottle of hand sanitizer, a small tube of hand cream for my wife when hers has gone empty, and business cards. If I had a concealed carry permit I suspect a small frame automatic would fit in there as well. The carryall usually goes on the back floor behind the passenger's seat so I can get at it easily.

We travel light enough on extended road trips that the trunk will hold everything we need to take along, including a cooler, with room to spare.
Old 9/8/13, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
People put stuff in Mustangs?

I thought the whole point of a performance car was to reduce weight in favor of improved performance.
Old 9/8/13, 11:50 AM
GT Member

How I keep stuff:

Inside the console...

Inside the trunk...
Old 9/8/13, 01:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Banjostang
How I keep stuff:

Inside the console...

Inside the trunk...
Where did you get the little plastic tray? Who or how did you make the trunk pockets? Very cool ideas!!!!
Old 9/8/13, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
something like this? lol
Attached Thumbnails Where do you put your stuff?-mustang-trailer.jpg  
Old 9/8/13, 08:34 PM
V6 Member

That's awesome!!
Old 9/9/13, 05:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Seriously? You folks buy a Mustang, and complain about storage? Buy an SUV!
Old 9/9/13, 07:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
Seriously? You folks buy a Mustang, and complain about storage? Buy an SUV!
When many of us can't afford multiple vehicles, the Mustang has to be a daily driver and grocery getter. There's plenty of ways it could do those jobs better without compromising the fun part.
Old 9/9/13, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I keep my stuff in my truck.
Old 9/9/13, 10:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bones302
I keep my stuff in my truck.
Amen. As George Carlin used to say, you buy a house to store your stuff...more stuff requires a larger house.

Pertains to a vehicle as well. Loose the stuff, or buy a truck or SUV. If the Mustang is your daily driver (mine is too), get ride of the extra stuff. My work laptop case fits in the trunk, a pair of sunglasses in the center console, and I'm good to go.
Old 9/9/13, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
Amen. As George Carlin used to say, you buy a house to store your stuff...more stuff requires a larger house.

Pertains to a vehicle as well. Loose the stuff, or buy a truck or SUV. If the Mustang is your daily driver (mine is too), get ride of the extra stuff. My work laptop case fits in the trunk, a pair of sunglasses in the center console, and I'm good to go.
Or... just put everything in a bag in the trunk or behind the front seats. The small legroom area holds things pretty tight.

I have a tool-sort-of-bag that holds cleaning sprays, deck of cards, small Husky tool kit, black duct tape, extra knife, extra flashlight & head-flashlight, and extra boxers and t-shirt. That bag stays in the trunk next to a couple towels.

In the glovebox and console, I have maglite, knife, multi-purpose window breaking tool, small first aide kit, and napkins.

Nothing floats free though... Fish-tailing turns doesn't go well with loose items.

Everything else though, has a reality check, will I really ever use it?
Old 9/9/13, 11:40 AM
Cobra Member

I'm using a reality check with the lists that have been mentioned in this post so far... for me it works this way: have I used the item that has traveled with me the past 3 to 4 months? If the answer is no, then it does not remain in the car.

Sure, I could say a knife, gun, gernade, napkins, shirt, shorts, condoms, first aid kit, flashlight, tent, window breaking tool, cleaning sprays, picture of mom, and the dog are all requirements for road trips and the like, but the argument that even more could be added to the list is valid. At some point, one must make a decision as to what actually gets used, and how often.

My VW Westy works great for those weekend getaways and for storing usless stuff I think I need, but never use when driving.
Old 9/9/13, 12:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
delete the back seats n built storage racks to hold everything...

Old 9/9/13, 12:43 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
learn to live with less stuff.. when I bought my first vert I learned to live with only what I could put in the truck.

Quick Reply: Where do you put your stuff?