Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/14, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
That is from the factory. There's one on the other one too, just on top. Just have them get you a set of GT500 OTA pipes (which don't have resonators) and you'll enjoy your GT500 axlebacks a lot more. Trust me.
Ah good to know…oh well I think they already ordered the part…I suppose when it comes in they will figure it out.

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Puma, if you get the front calipers replaced, can I get the originals from you? Let me know.
You probably don't want them - they are being replaced because somehow (this may have happened during the towing ordeal) the metal lines that connect the front side to the back side are completely smashed/crumpled. I asked if the line itself could just be replaced and he said parts catalogs showed it as a singular unit with the caliper and the whole thing had to be replaced.

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
Puma If your going to replace your rear bumper I will take it off your hands :P
Nope, my rear bumper is staying with the car. They will do a small spot shot of base on that underneath part that faces the ground where the jack handle was, then blend out a little bit (minimal color work) and re-clear the whole thing.
Old 10/4/14, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
Nope, my rear bumper is staying with the car. They will do a small spot shot of base on that underneath part that faces the ground where the jack handle was, then blend out a little bit (minimal color work) and re-clear the whole thing.
Good to hear man But I would beat the **** out of who ever did this.
Old 10/4/14, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

I guess the police got hung up making an arrest the other day and is just now today picking up the surveillance footage…it's been a week now though, the wheels are probably long gone even if they do find something suspicious in the garage.

I also talked to the leasing office, they are perfectly fine offering my wife and I two adjacent spots in the garage of one of the other three buildings, so I'm going to have them show me a few options. I don't want to park next to any beaters or big pig SUVs or anyone with carseats/kids in the back where we are likely to get door dings galore…really a shame too, I like our spots we have now, nobody walks by the cars, the guy on the other side of my wife has a nice new car and is single with no kids, and one of the leasing office employees parks a nice MKX perpendicular to my passenger side, so no worries about door dings on either car. Also nobody parking right in front of us, and we are triangulated with poles around the cars so nobody can even drive by and clip us. Hate to give these spots up, to be honest. But I'd like to keep my wheels. It's only a matter of time before the factory AMG rims go missing on the C300 coupe in our garage.
Old 10/4/14, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Ah good to know…oh well I think they already ordered the part…I suppose when it comes in they will figure it out. You probably don't want them - they are being replaced because somehow (this may have happened during the towing ordeal) the metal lines that connect the front side to the back side are completely smashed/crumpled. I asked if the line itself could just be replaced and he said parts catalogs showed it as a singular unit with the caliper and the whole thing had to be replaced. Nope, my rear bumper is staying with the car. They will do a small spot shot of base on that underneath part that faces the ground where the jack handle was, then blend out a little bit (minimal color work) and re-clear the whole thing.

Ah I see. I'd see if they could still get you the GT500 pipes and then send the GT pipes back. I would be the GT500 pipes are actually less $$. And they're 100% bolt on.
Old 10/4/14, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Puma, if the bottom of the bumper cover got scratched, save the money from the repair and use it to get the GT500, CS or Roush diffuser. You can then get take off mufflers or just get the proper tips to attach to the factory GT mufflers. The rear GT500 diffuser costs me $180 and a couple hours on a Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR-20140621_125616.jpg  
Old 10/4/14, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Man that sucks, talk about feeling violated. On another note, I am no towing expert but why didn't the guy put both the remaining wheels on the back of the car and use the castors for the front with the tires the thiefs left on their sides on his rollers/castors and rested (and strapped) the car on them so the front was a little higher off the ground.... Time to invest in an alarm with some type of motion sensor. The wheel locks are obvious now. Hard to believe someone would steal the OEM rims like that...

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 10/4/14 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10/4/14, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Ah I see. I'd see if they could still get you the GT500 pipes and then send the GT pipes back. I would be the GT500 pipes are actually less $$. And they're 100% bolt on.
Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Puma, if the bottom of the bumper cover got scratched, save the money from the repair and use it to get the GT500, CS or Roush diffuser. You can then get take off mufflers or just get the proper tips to attach to the factory GT mufflers. The rear GT500 diffuser costs me $180 and a couple hours on a Saturday.
Thanks guys, but I've already been a huge PITA picky customer with them and am having them do a few other things that are complicating the insurance issue (different tires + two new tires, front lower grille, locking lugs, couple other small things) and they've now ordered all the remaining parts needed so I hesitate to bring up something else that I'd like to have done.

I DID think about that GT500 valence, but I really don't want to complicate the insurance stuff any further and don't want to shell out any cash - really trying to sock away a lot of cash right now and I'm already looking at probably close to $400 for the rental car on top of the $500 deductible on top of the extra grille and two other tires and price difference between the OEM tires and the two other tires insurance is shelling out for. Believe me I thought about that valence if for no other reason to not have to mess with the clear on the rest of the bumper.

EDIT: Can I get just the quad tips to bolt on in place of the single tips on the earlier GT500 exhaust?

Last edited by puma1552; 10/4/14 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10/4/14, 01:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Sean is selling a set of dual 4" Stangmods tips that should be adaptable to the single tip GT500 mufflers for $150 shipped. Check the classifieds...
Old 10/4/14, 01:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks guys, but I've already been a huge PITA picky customer with them and am having them do a few other things that are complicating the insurance issue (different tires + two new tires, front lower grille, locking lugs, couple other small things) and they've now ordered all the remaining parts needed so I hesitate to bring up something else that I'd like to have done.

I DID think about that GT500 valence, but I really don't want to complicate the insurance stuff any further and don't want to shell out any cash - really trying to sock away a lot of cash right now and I'm already looking at probably close to $400 for the rental car on top of the $500 deductible on top of the extra grille and two other tires and price difference between the OEM tires and the two other tires insurance is shelling out for. Believe me I thought about that valence if for no other reason to not have to mess with the clear on the rest of the bumper.

EDIT: Can I get just the quad tips to bolt on in place of the single tips on the earlier GT500 exhaust?
What did you get to replace the GY Super Cars?
Old 10/4/14, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (all seasons).
Old 10/4/14, 01:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Should be a major improvement.
Old 10/4/14, 01:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YES, IT WOULD BE NICE TO PUT A GLOCK TO THEIR HEAD BUT, THEY AIN'T WORTH **** SO DON'T WORRY IT WILL BE FIXED. BUT I'M SUPRISED THE COPS DIDN'T LOOK AT TIRES UNDER CAR AND GET NUMBERS OFF THEM TO CHECK WHERE THEY WERE BOUGHT AND BY WHOM THATS WHY TIRES HAVE SERIAL NUMBERS EVEN RIMS DO, SO IF THOSE TIRES CAME OFF THE SCUMBAGS CAR THEN THEY GOT A CASE. GOODLUCK WITH INS.
Old 10/6/14, 09:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SMOKE46
YES, IT WOULD BE NICE TO PUT A GLOCK TO THEIR HEAD BUT, THEY AIN'T WORTH **** SO DON'T WORRY IT WILL BE FIXED. BUT I'M SUPRISED THE COPS DIDN'T LOOK AT TIRES UNDER CAR AND GET NUMBERS OFF THEM TO CHECK WHERE THEY WERE BOUGHT AND BY WHOM THATS WHY TIRES HAVE SERIAL NUMBERS EVEN RIMS DO, SO IF THOSE TIRES CAME OFF THE SCUMBAGS CAR THEN THEY GOT A CASE. GOODLUCK WITH INS.
needs more capslock.
Old 10/6/14, 09:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Ow, my ears.

Caps lock. Cruise control for 'cool'.

---

Puma, don't move the cars. Just get the wheel locks for the both of 'em. Wheel locks are cheap and will do the trick.

If you're concerned about that parking space, then you should be concerned for where you *live/work*.

How many times has this happened at that place. Once? It's not a trend.. yet. It was a crime of opportunity, nothing more, and while unfortunate, don't change your patterns because of one event.

But if it's a rampant problem about the place, then yes. Time to move, and I don't mean parking spaces.

Cameras are nice. But they only show the aftermath and maybe catch someone.

---

A little story for ya. I woke up once to find out that my car's tires were slashed. And done so so that the line of the incision *lined up with the letters of the brand*, which I found to be amusing that they took the time, the little vandals. It was only on one side, but it wasn't just my car. A lot of people in the neighborhood had it done. Some jerk kids pranking, except the prank cost me money in tire replacements.

Later on, different car, but she was tagged. My entire left side of the car was a grafitti'd advertisement for a gang. Thankfully, they used crappy paint, and it came right off.

The house also had been burglarized for my spare freaking change and some meds I had, and my high school class ring. I don't get it, because computers and TVs and such, but nope, just the money, ring, and vicodins. Obviously some punks (they did, though, brandish a knife we think, but I wasn't home, and dropped it in the floor. I came home to an open door and the lights on. Eerie feeling that. No one was found, and it's history now.)

Through all that, I didn't move, I just picked up the pieces and dealt. It was still a good neighborhood, and we had the patrols happening, but stuff happens. For some reason the end cap of my particular row of domiciles was a favorite for.. things.

I *later* moved, because I found a place I liked better with a garage, but if I hadn't, I'd probably still be at that place, 'cause I liked it overall, even with these things that happened to me.

Point is, stuff happens. If all you have happen at your place is some punks taking your un-locked wheels in a crime of opportunity (and the damages thereto, covered by insurance/deductible)... I'm not sure I'd be changing my life after it's all done.

Indeed, it does suck to be violated... In addition to those, I was also held up at knifepoint by a couple of lowlifes... I didn't want the car anymore anyway, so that was fine, but, dammit, I had *tools* in the car. Plus hassle of getting another car... Ugh. The feels when your life has been upset by someone randomly injecting their actions into your life, to your detriment...

Anyway... just in case that matters/helps ya any. Hope the car's back in your hands soon!

Last edited by houtex; 10/6/14 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10/6/14, 10:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
get an alarm for your car
Old 10/6/14, 10:34 AM
GT Member

This tale makes wheel locks seem so much more attractive.
Old 10/6/14, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys, and houtex - I've come to find I'm the NINTH person victimized in my garage in the last several months. It's an epidemic. Apparently it doesn't happen in the garages of the other buildings.

We have three months left on our lease, and when we got this place we said we were done moving until we bought a house. Our original plan was to re-sign for another 6 months and then either move overseas or buy a house. Buying a house in MN in January is horrible since it sucks to move, period, in January here plus there are far fewer houses available, plus the inspector can't get up on the roof.

The option of re-signing came into jeopardy with this situation, but the leasing office is pulling together several selections of parking spot pairs in garages of other buildings for me to look at and pick from, so I think if I get the wheel locks and get the cars into a different garage, we should hopefully be ok. If they weren't going to allow us to park in another garage, I was going to be out of there ASAP.

Also waiting to hear back from insurance tomorrow on whether or not I can claim diminished value since this garbage will show up on CarFax/AutoCheck. Can't find anything for MN regarding damage due to theft and claiming dimished value for it from your own insurance company. All I can find is stuff that says if someone hits my car and it's their fault, I can seek dimished value from their insurance company.
Old 10/6/14, 07:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Ah. Got it. I hope the situation improves for ya, Puma.
Old 10/6/14, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I also have a Sterling Gray GT with Brembos, and just seeing yours sans wheels made me puke in my mouth a little bit! Like you, I actually like the wheels that came with the Track Package- especially with the Sterling...

Glad to hear you are on top of everything- from the shop to the facilities management. Hope everything goes perfectly the rest of the way and you can look back in a year and find the principle of sub specie aeternatitis has kicked in ("all things in the light of eternity" or, "time makes all things insignificant"). Sorry- I was a philosophy minor in college!

In the meantime, hopefully the police will turn something up and you'll have a shot at "lex talionis" ("the law of revenge" ).
Old 10/8/14, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Update - just got the final insurance estimate...it comes in at a whopping $9500 in damage. Parts are in paint now, all other parts are in except the calipers which will be in tomorrow.

Also, wife and I are no longer parking in that garage, thankfully.

Last edited by puma1552; 10/9/14 at 07:35 AM.

Quick Reply: WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR