2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Whats up W/Galpin Ford in LA area?

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/10, 07:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Whats up W/Galpin Ford in LA area?

Hello ALL I Tried on sat to get a quote on a 2010 mustang thru their internet site. Filled out the info it asked for to get a internet price. Next i start getting e-mails saying that if I want a price/good deal 1% over invoice I have to come down before Sun night when they close.I asked for a price 2 times and was told come down again and again. First of all they say they will give you a internet price on there site and 2nd of all who in there right mind would waste their time on a trip down there with out a price. My brother bought a car from them a while back and was given a price no problem. Galpin may be a large dealer but they do not play by their own rules.If anyone has a contact to get a price or similar experiences let me know. If you want the internet sales guy name let me know.They have a lot of 2010s left and with these tactics I think they are going to have a hard time selling them.
Old 6/13/10, 08:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Canyon ED
Hello ALL I Tried on sat to get a quote on a 2010 mustang thru their internet site. Filled out the info it asked for to get a internet price. Next i start getting e-mails saying that if I want a price/good deal 1% over invoice I have to come down before Sun night when they close.I asked for a price 2 times and was told come down again and again. First of all they say they will give you a internet price on there site and 2nd of all who in there right mind would waste their time on a trip down there with out a price. My brother bought a car from them a while back and was given a price no problem. Galpin may be a large dealer but they do not play by their own rules.If anyone has a contact to get a price or similar experiences let me know. If you want the internet sales guy name let me know.They have a lot of 2010s left and with these tactics I think they are going to have a hard time selling them.
Did you try calling them and tell them to just cut the crap?
Old 6/13/10, 08:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Didn't they give you a price? 1% over invoice? Essentially $250-350 over?

I got some Internet prices and just assumed that whatever they sent me was get me in the door. Not sure I see the problem.
Old 6/13/10, 09:31 AM

That's not a very good price. You can get a 2011 for 1% over invoice. JMO, but I think you can find a 2010 for 2-3000 under invoice, maybe more.
Old 6/13/10, 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Let me start out saying I bought 4 fords in the past 10 yrs. and Like I stated W/o a price which they said on the internet they would give me I have no reason to call them. I think every Ford dealer should give a price and let the person buying the car decide. I have no interest in being treated that way. As far as I can see Galpin lost my complete familys and friends business. Also I did construction/stone work at this dealership and cant understand why its so hard to give me a #.If you have better luck let me know.I think I will just deal w/sunrise ford in North Hollywood.
Old 6/13/10, 10:10 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
they really sound like a high stress dealer. I do not like dealers that would rather show you the sales office then a car. I also HATE sales people that act like this is a part time gig on the side. I hear far to often "well you know more about the car then I do" and all I did was read page 1 of the sales booklet.
Old 6/13/10, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Its 2 bad cause I found a car that I really wanted.O Well Maybe sunrise Will do a dealer trade for less than Galpins invisible price.
Old 6/13/10, 12:01 PM
GT Member

Mustang

Not a good price on an 2010, can get a 2011 for invoice.....
Old 6/13/10, 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the heads up. I hope Galpin sees this. If you go to the market and buy something the price is posted. It seems w/Galpin its a Dog and Pony show. Come on in We will feed you what ever you want to hear to sell you that Car.
Old 6/13/10, 12:52 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was told by a buddy who's a car salesman that they'd be the place to order my Bullitt and they would drop ship to OR.
Tried talking with a Galpin salesman a couple of times and they were vague about everything. Plus they wanted ADM.
Homey don't play that game.
Galpin =

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/13/10 at 12:55 PM.
Old 6/13/10, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Canyon ED
Let me start out saying I bought 4 fords in the past 10 yrs. and Like I stated W/o a price which they said on the internet they would give me I have no reason to call them. I think every Ford dealer should give a price and let the person buying the car decide. I have no interest in being treated that way. As far as I can see Galpin lost my complete familys and friends business. Also I did construction/stone work at this dealership and cant understand why its so hard to give me a #.If you have better luck let me know.I think I will just deal w/sunrise ford in North Hollywood.
Galpin lost my business about 10 years ago just because of this. It pissed me off so bad that 's when I started looking at other brands..hence my first BMW E46 M3 back in 01. Followed by an 03 325i, 04 E46 M3, 05 X3 and a 2008 328i. I have to say, its not just Galpin. I find a lot of the Ford dealers in the Los Angeles areas are into the switch and bait routine. Their not all professionals ala Jeff and a few of the other dealers that frequent the boards here. Straight up answer for a straight up question..."how much does it cost."
Old 6/13/10, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to see a dealer that could make a deal if they were straight up. It makes me think that alot of people are wasting $$ for no good reason, If you want to see the BS e-mails send me a e-mail to asapcons@pacbell.net
Old 6/13/10, 10:20 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

This was my experience with Galpin a few weeks ago
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I just had a hilarious "live chat" with a Galpin Sales rep. They gave me some BS about not giving out pricing info in the chat, but they could email it to me or call my phone. IDIOTS. The chat ended with me sending this:

Galpin Chat person after trying to BS me: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: Nope, Galpin should really reconsider their "chat" policies. This is nothing more than a uselss way for them to get my contact info and then spam the hell out of me with "specials"
Old 6/14/10, 01:40 AM
GT Member

i remember i walked into a dealership back in 05 to talk prices for a V6, believe it or not during this time there were a grip of 05's sitting on Ford lots, the dealer asked me to check my credit and i walked out. the GM came chasing and i told him how pissed i was over what his dealer did and he gave me a pretty low offer for the car but i told him his dealer already ruined the deal.

i never do business at Fuller Ford because of it. so i understand your frustration. i think a lot of the big dealers have realized the internet has made car buying more and more of a consumer market and perhaps they want to get away from that and into their land where they can control and sway you.
Old 6/14/10, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Edmunds.com: Confessions of a Car Salesman
"They're all on the Internet trying to find out what our invoice price is. We never even get a shot at them. I hate it. I mean, would they go (to a mall) and say, 'What's your invoice price on that beautiful suit?' No. So why are they doing it here?"

I was already beginning to see the impact of the Internet because of something that happened during my first few days there. I was sent to the service department to talk to customers waiting for their cars to be fixed. Salespeople feel this is a good source of leads to buy new cars. Say a customer has just gotten nailed with a $2,000 quote for a transmission. Now's the time to move in and pitch the virtues of a new car.

There were typically a dozen or more people waiting for their cars to be serviced. They would either watch TV or read while they drank coffee and Cokes from the vending machines. I handed out my business card and chatted with a few people. One young guy was killing time by goofing around with his Palm Top computer. He was outfitted in designer jeans and a T-shirt, so I wasn't surprised to hear that he had just bought the radical new SUV our dealership sold. Michael had told me these vehicles were selling for over sticker prices, so I asked Mr. Palm Top how he made out.

"I got an awesome deal," he said.

"How awesome?"

"Three hundred below invoice," he smugly answered.

I asked how he did it. He said he checked prices on the Internet. He then called the fleet manager and made the deal over the phone.

I had a schizophrenic reaction to this. Part of me admired the fact that he had outfoxed the dealer. But the car salesman side of me was angry that I never "got a shot at him." It seemed like just a matter of time before people who, in the past, walked onto our car lot, would be on the Internet making deals.

The salesmen are only vaguely aware of this developing trend. I was standing on the curb next to George and we saw one of these high-demand SUVs ready for delivery.

"Another **** Internet sale," George said. "Why don't they turn that car over to us? We'd get a grand over sticker. Instead they're selling it at invoice. Does that make sense?" As the days passed I noticed more and more cars marked "carsdirect.com." And as I approached people on the car lot they often informed me that they were here to see the fleet manager. More Internet customers.
This is why they want you to come in, and why you should not.
Old 6/14/10, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the tip. i have found other Ford dealers in the area want your business and are happy to give you a price. I wont go see a car w/o a price posted. Also look at Craigs list in LA and Galpin does not list their price. Its says to call the dealer.i guess some people go for this. Galpin has like 70 2010 Mustangs left in stock and w/o a price I am sure they will be there for while. My brother got a fair price over the phone from them. Maybe they changed their rules about pricing info. Th internet sales manager even called me on Sun night saying to call back and come down but still no price.Galpin siad 1% over invoive. I have given up on them.Aslo other dealers are doing $2-3K off MSRP before rebates, so it pays to shop around even if you have to travel.