2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

What would you like to see as a NEW special/limited edition Mustang???

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/08 | 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

What would you like to see as a NEW special/limited edition Mustang???

I know we all want a new Boss 302 with the new 400hp 5.0, and a GT350 with a supercharged V6, or a Mach 1 etc, but moving outside simply redoing a past model, what would you like to see as a brand new special edition or limited run Mustang in 2010 and the years to come? What would it be called and what would it be?

For instance, what about the Mustang Assasin, a handling oriented model. It would have a high revving performance V6 with IRS, 6 speed, upgraded brakes/wheels/suspension and be more stripped down without being strictly a race model. I'd like to see something like that.

What would you like to see???
Old 7/2/08 | 06:10 PM
Cobra Member

As unlikely as it sounds I'd like to see a HYBRID Mustang... Given the current challenges with fuel prices I'm thinking that a hybrid V6 offering might help insure the long term viability of the product line. While its true that there will always be a market for Mustangs I'd hate to see that market dwindle to a level that forces Ford to make a REALLY BAD decision! Know what I mean?
Old 7/2/08 | 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would like to see an LX stang or something similar to the GT-S trim level.

AC~optional
AM/FM Radio~optional
No spare just a tire kit.
No back seats
No fogs
No spoiler
tough choice on the power windows,LOL.
Light weight bolstered seats
I'm o.k with the current SRA 8.8 31 spline 3.31 gears
Tough as nails 6 speed trans
(350HP) detuned for gas guzzler reasons
5.8 Aluminum Doch 4v V8 with DI with forged rods.
Weight 3200-3300 pounds

Yeah I know, I'm dreaming!
Old 7/2/08 | 07:20 PM
GT Member

If my memory serves me correctly, I saw a picture with a link of an electric/battery s197 somewhere at an auto show or sema that someone had built (not Ford). I think it was discussed on this site......
If anyone else remembers chime in ................

Last edited by jahnnee5; 7/2/08 at 07:24 PM.
Old 7/2/08 | 07:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Yes, there is an electric Mustang out there. Pretty sweet 1/4 times too w/ the torque of an electric motor.

As far as SE's I'd like to see... None. Not for a while. There's too many already and I don't want to see the Mustang whored out.
Old 7/2/08 | 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

What about a pro-street factory option. Limited production. Kinda like the Challenger Dodge took to SEMA or like the Harley-Davidson Destroyer. Something with a tubbed look, skinnies, auto ratchet tranny with line-lok. That sort of thing.
Old 7/2/08 | 07:31 PM
legacy Tms Member

a boss 429 would be kinda special...maybe the hurricane could be stretched to 7 litres?

a hybrid would make more sense (and possibly more dollars too).

my BIGGEST wish for ANY special edition would be a rewriting of the allocation BS- let buyers PLACE an order at MSRP for a car, and pick the dealer who would be required to accept it. I know dealers take a beating on some models(trucks are killing them right now I bet), but sorry- still seems wrong that they can refuse a MSRP order...if they truly get a 'stock' order on the lot and want 2x msrp, so be it, its their car, but refusing to accept MSRP has really pissed off a lot of folks, most of whom will probably still say they 'got screwed by ford' although the screwing is done at the independent dealer level. I just think if ford could revamp allocation to retails only, with a real non-dealer, non changeable name on the order, and not count the sale towards or away from allocations(after all orders placed in this way would be placed without any dealer notice except that a note from ford that a car was coming at sticker for them to deliver and still recieve full msrp profit without any effort- allocations should be earned by 'stock orders' sold, or retails placed thru the dealer only)...dream on right

I am pretty sure Ford will cease to exist long before the dealership agreements ever get fixed to treat a ford buyer like a customer, instead of the current 'dealer is the customer, and the buyer is someone elses problem'. I still dont think ford gets it as to how pissed off folks can be who just wanted to buy their product at the listed price...too bad.
Old 7/2/08 | 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jahnnee5
If my memory serves me correctly, I saw a picture with a link of an electric/battery s197 somewhere at an auto show or sema that someone had built (not Ford). I think it was discussed on this site......

Are you reffering to this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlJbq-Vckw
Old 7/2/08 | 08:31 PM
Cobra Member

Beyond the obvious preference for a Boss 302, I would agree with TTS197 and want a stripped down LX V8 model.
Old 7/2/08 | 08:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TTS197
Are you reffering to this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlJbq-Vckw

Yes, that is the one..............
Old 7/2/08 | 09:41 PM
Cobra Member

Stainless Steel rather than billet aluminum/plastic would be good for the interior. Locking gas cap with the control for it near the driver seat. Halo headlights. Sequential tail lights. Mustang incripted head rests. Better carpets. Choice of exhaust systems. Heated Mirrors.
Old 7/2/08 | 10:10 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

I would have dearly loved to have seen a 3v V10 Mustang poked out to 428 cubic inches and given the Bullitt tune for a nice 480hp and 500 ft/lbs of torque buckled to an M6 and cogged with the 3.55's.
Old 7/2/08 | 10:27 PM
Post *****

I could have gone for that.
Old 7/2/08 | 10:39 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

I'd like to see a new Mach 1, with either a blown 5.0L DOHC with GDI, or 5.4 N/A DOHC with GDI
Old 7/2/08 | 11:12 PM
Post *****

Congrats on 5,000 John. Way to go. It's official, you have no life.
Old 7/2/08 | 11:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think a few of you guys may have missed the point of this post. I thought it would be interesting to come up with ideas for a possible future Mustang models other than what we have already had. No Bosses, no Machs, no Bullitts, no rehashed models from the past. A brand new model. What would it be called? What would it be like? I'm thinking there has to be some good ideas out there!
Old 7/3/08 | 12:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

American (Electric) Muscle: Ronale Mustang 300E and HST Shelby Cobra EV300

Your donor Mustang plus $80,000 gets you the Ronaele Mustang 300E HST and Shelby Cobra EV300 are built to prove that electric vehicles aren't just good for the environment, but good for winning times on the race track as well. Each is powered by a 300kw electric motor derived from those used to power forklifts and modified to better suit a road car. Each is also capable of over 1000 lb-ft of torque, 300 horsepower, and a range of over 100 miles (as long as you don't indulge your right foot too much). At the track, both should be good for four to six full-throttle quarter-mile runs before they'll need recharging -- a process that takes approximately three hours to complete -- and both are capable of sub-four-second runs to 60 mph.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...cle/index.html

American (Electric) Muscle: Ronale Mustang 300E and HST Shelby Cobra EV300

Originally Posted by jahnnee5
Old 7/3/08 | 05:38 AM
Cobra Member

Thunder Road
Old 7/3/08 | 06:40 AM
I Have No Life

As much as people would like an LX/stripper mustang...
Its cheaper for them to manufacture one set of components than 2.
So we'll probably never see that kind of configuration again.

Seems they are headed towards more standard features on all cars, and a small number of packages and options.
Old 7/3/08 | 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
As much as people would like an LX/stripper mustang...
Its cheaper for them to manufacture one set of components than 2.
So we'll probably never see that kind of configuration again.

Seems they are headed towards more standard features on all cars, and a small number of packages and options.
Exactly right. Most cars built for US consumption which are offered as a performance model aren't offered in any market without accessories like power windows or power locks anymore because it's cheaper to build every car with those options than it is to manufacture some with and some with the more primitive alternative.

The only way Ford could manage a LX type package that I can see would be to simply eliminate niceties like the radio, rear seat, air conditioning, and sound deadening as a whole from an entire run of SE cars blocking off the mounting points for the same with simple plastic plates. They could also potentially throw on some steel wheels in place of alloys and they could potentially even do away with the passenger side-view mirror.

Again, such a car would almost certainly have to be a special edition where it effectively came one way to even stand a chance of making a profit, and thereby making production. And the truth is that even this, which is likely as close as Ford could hope to get to a modern day LX, isn't really so much a modern day LX as it would be a modern day factory race car package sacrificing luxuries most folks take for granted these days.

While I would find such a car very cool, I question just how much demand there would be for such a model.

Last edited by jsaylor; 7/3/08 at 08:32 PM.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see as a NEW special/limited edition Mustang???