The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   What would you like to see?! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/what-would-you-like-see-429958/)

MustangMan311 5/10/06 08:18 PM

MP3 player/iPod support. Definitely needed.

AWmustang 5/25/06 01:46 PM

hatchback

Knight Rider 5/25/06 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by AWmustang
hatchback

:bat: :brick: :nonono: :shakehead:

AWmustang 5/26/06 07:28 AM

Well it's either that or get rid of the mustang entirely and get a mazdaspeed 3. I need to be able to carry more stuff.

codeman94 5/26/06 02:15 PM

well...f-bodies were hatchbacks....kinda...and you couldnt put anything in them....barely a backpack!

AWmustang 6/26/06 07:38 AM

Another thing that would be nice is if the seats would remember what their recline position is when you tip them forward.

I don't often have people back there, but I do put stuff back there.

My $12,000 focus had this feature. Ford cannot have a valid excuse for not including this.

Murphy77 6/26/06 09:37 PM

hips and wider tires out back would make me happy

CHDS PNY 6/26/06 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by AWmustang
Another thing that would be nice is if the seats would remember what their recline position is when you tip them forward.

I don't often have people back there, but I do put stuff back there.

My $12,000 focus had this feature. Ford cannot have a valid excuse for not including this.

wow...i totally agree...that is one feature that would make a world of difference

or even power tilt...with memory features

rhumb 6/27/06 09:31 AM

I probably responded to this already, in which case, an updated list:

HID (opt)
IRS (opt)
6 spd MTX
Better brakes
Better interior materials
Better bolstered seats
Inside rear trunk release
Sun roof or glass roof panel.
Sirius radio (coming for '07)
275hp 3.5 V6
Additional 25 hp for SOHC 4.6
375hp DOHC 4.6
400hp SOHC 5.4
Boss 460 (see DOHC 4.6, brake, 6 spd and IRS entries)
Mach I (see SOHC 5.4, brake and 6 spd entry)
Bullitt (see SOHC 5.4, brake, 6 speed and IRS entries)

RedneckPony 6/28/06 07:24 PM

Am I the only guy thats happy with the live axle setup?
I'd like a 6 speed manual transmission
I love the guages...i only wish the spedo. was a little more detailed (20mph incriments can get annoying)
-More colors in the mycolor guages
-Give a choice between the regular spolier or a ductail spoiler (no cost option, i hope!)
-Side exit exaust (I'm a Redneck!!!!!)
-Functional ram air/shaker hood on SVT and higher models
-A little more power from the 4.6 engine (25-30 hp)
-A bigger engine! A Hi-Po 5.4 to compete with the new camaro and the GTO would be nice!
-Available supercharger on said 5.4 (Cobra or Cobra R) ballpark 550hp????
-Optional IRS on high end models
-Dress up the engine a little...the 05/06 looks so PLAIN under the hood!!!
-Make the Shaker500 CD changer a little easier to use...some of the controls are just weird....
-Love the look of the front end...keep it similar, but make the new one more agressive

Thank you ford, for a GREAT car. I am very impressed!!!!

bob 6/28/06 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb
Mach I (see SOHC 5.4, brake and 6 spd entry)

I'll take it! Although I'd like an all aluminum V8, but thats splitting hairs.

rhumb 6/29/06 08:13 AM

Am I the only guy thats happy with the live axle setup?
Hardly, plenty of penny pinchers and drag racers who like it as it does work well for those two considerations. But for those of us who would like 21st century, world class ride, handling and agility for the Stang to compete fully beyond straight, flat and smooth roads, an IRS would be a necessary option.

Prerelease, the '05 Stang was being implied to be benchmarked to have BMW 3 series-level ride/handling sophistication -- lofty and impressive goals indeed. But in reality, the penny pinchers seemed to have won out and instead, Ford made do with very good handling that a live axle will allow, but short of a world class, poor man's BMW level that an IRS would allow. Perhaps not too surprising at the base and maybe even GT levels, where the low price of entry neccessitated a certain level of *****rdlyness on the tech specs, but far less understandable on the GT500, especially given that it carries so much more of a price premium over the standard GT than did the IRS equiped Cobra over its SN97 GT stablemates.

Anyway, not to flog the bleached bones of that dead horse too much, I do like the rest of your wish list. Indeed, your option 9 - SC'ed 5.4 is basically already true on the GT500.

I'd like to see a natually aspirated 5.4 for a drag racing oriented Mach I. And I'd like to see all blocks in AL to pare some of that imposing if none too impressive dead weight out of the nose. Keep an iron-block item in the Ford Racing catalog for that .001% that would pump their Stang up to some stratospheric hp level that would actually necessitate one. But the other 99.999% of us would benefit far more from a 100lb+ liposuction of the engine bay.

Factory side exhaust might have a bit of cool factor, but to actually make them pass drive by noise standards, they end up being so choked up that they sound worse than tailpipes. Maybe leave this to the aftermarket.

As for spoilers, I'd prefer a more integrated, in-the-metal approach so beautifully executed on the '69-'70 fastbacks and avoid that cheap, tacked-on-by-the-marketing-department, afterthought-look afflicting so many cars today, including the Stang. The current spoiler is obviously a marketing-department implemented cod piece rather than an engineering-department implemented aerodynamic piece -- all pose rather than purpose.

302XR7 6/29/06 06:37 PM

http://web3.gomotorbids.com/imagecac...3d60955009.jpg
I hope this photo comes out all right, I noticed someone metioned a hatch back and I found this on the internet. The artist calls it a Shelby GT500K

rhumb 6/30/06 08:21 AM

Interesting, kinda like BMW's funky Z3 Coupe. I'd love a hatchback, but one that follows the current coupes profile and lines. My old Probe GT, a dreaded hatchback (not sure why some have such a hate on any hatchback), has very low sleek lines yet the carrying capacity of a small wagon -- a case of having your cake and eating it too. Some may have concerns about extra weight and lack of body stiffness, but proper engineering can mitigate these to basically non-issues.

AWmustang 6/30/06 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb
Interesting, kinda like BMW's funky Z3 Coupe. I'd love a hatchback, but one that follows the current coupes profile and lines. My old Probe GT, a dreaded hatchback (not sure why some have such a hate on any hatchback), has very low sleek lines yet the carrying capacity of a small wagon -- a case of having your cake and eating it too. Some may have concerns about extra weight and lack of body stiffness, but proper engineering can mitigate these to basically non-issues.

Well put... when i say hatchback in reference to the Mustang I mean something along those lines. Still a fastback sillouette, but a larger opening.

srothfuss 7/1/06 02:57 PM

That rendering looks like a magnum. I wouldn't mind a hatch back circa Fox3 platform though...

bob 7/1/06 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 302XR7
I hope this photo comes out all right, I noticed someone metioned a hatch back and I found this on the internet. The artist calls it a Shelby GT500K

Sweet, I've been trying to picture a Mustang SW.

kevinspann 7/7/06 05:23 PM

Bring back he notchback! There would actually be headroom back there for tall people. (i fit in the back of my 1990 sitting straight up - at 6'1").Have a fold down seat too, unlike in the foxes. Can I get a chop of a notched 05 by any chance?

Yet another thing to bring back from the fox days is the turbo 4! SVO!
A FR zetec with a turbo would be way cool. It can even have more displacement, like 2.5 -2.6 L if possible, and 14 - 16 pi of boost. make it lighter in weight too. Backed by a six- speed of course. Then you can have gas mileage and power!

Fordracing200 7/7/06 10:08 PM

bring back the LX option package and put it on everything, the GT, Shelby, and V6, and lighten up this overweight beast and tune the computer more aggresive...

Fordracing200 7/7/06 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 302XR7

wow....holy ford freestyle batman :nonono: