Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

what would you ask FORD? Dead line 3.25.13

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/13, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would you ask FORD? Dead line 3.25.13

Next week a family member has been invited to an event with all the top FORD execs/engineers prior to the NY autoshow premier..

what list of questions and improvements would you like to see in the NEXT Mustang...

I'm told that this will be a good time to get questions answered and possibly improved on..

here is my list so far.. feel free to add and i will go through the list and decide what will get forwarded..

DEAD LINE.. 3/25/13

1. live rear axle.. extremely bad wheel hop under hard acceleration.. only remedy aftermaket control arms.. 40,000 for a fully loaded GT and it sounds like someone is hitting it with a hammer.. what is being done to address this issue?

2. SYNC.. early versions of 2011 GT cant upgrade to applink, no support for texting, yet 9 months later the 12 models came out with applink and text messaging support, what are they going to do for us other owners. we have been told for over 2 years that an upgrade is coming.. when?

3. new mustangs 13+ .. can get a recaro option, in leather or cloth, but cant get heated seats with that option, why?

4, sub woofer with the NAV system, option not available, only option aftermarket.. why?

5. track apps, should be made available (even for a small cost or dealer installed) for people with Navagation systems on older models (ex 11's 12's)

6. the 6 speed manual transmissions do have issues no matter what FORD engineers say, its not always operator error, cold temperatures cause grinding and/or complete lockout of 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear, this is not skip shift related, what improvements have been made since the model 11 year these issues are still being found on some 13+ models?

7. more wheel options bigger sizes 20" etc.. width options as well.. staggard front and rear like on the GT500 would also be nice for an option.. example: 255 front 285 rear... 255 front 305 rear

8. lighter.. mustangs over the past few generations have been getting heavier and heavier, 87-93 fox platform measured 2700-3000 ish pounds, sn95 platforms, 3300 ish, 2005- present 3600 - 3900 depending on model.. sportcars are supposed to be light and nimble, how much will the next generation weigh?

9. lower 6th gear option for 3.73 geared cars presently .63 how about .52 like on the gt500? cars run about 2400 rpms @80, 1900 @60, in 6th.. lowering 6th gear would give better highway milage while still having the torque of 3.73 to pull you uphill.. 3.31 would bog down and require downshifting hense their gearing should remail as is..

10. lower 1st gear ratio.. 3.61:1 plus 3.73 reared makes 1st gear almost not needed lowering to a lower 3.31 or even a 2.95 would be more useful.. or better yet.. just use the GT500 Tremec transmission would eliminate most of the issues described..

11. heated sideview mirrors?

12. Hatchback model?

Last edited by pony racer; 3/20/13 at 10:46 PM.
Old 3/21/13, 06:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

How about cheap plastic rattling in the doors?
Old 3/21/13, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beg them not to put MFT in the Mustangs.. I have it in the Raptor and it is a steaming pile of ****.

*Edit: I was referring to MFT being a steaming pile of ****, not my truck as a whole. The truck itself is GREAT!

Last edited by 69Mach1-409; 3/21/13 at 07:18 AM.
Old 3/21/13, 07:07 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have feeling you aren't going to get answers on most of those questions.
Old 3/21/13, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Old 3/21/13, 08:48 AM
Banned

Nav plus shaker pro already is a reality....

gt500s have 20s out back already... they already balance harshness and rim bendability as is....

recaros are for race not for comfort...

Mirrors are already heated.....

No issues with my 3.31 gears...

Solid rear axle going away.....

Track apps not going to happen. Older cars telemetry sensors probably not able to process.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/21/13 at 08:54 AM.
Old 3/21/13, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
recaros are for race not for comfort...
True, but the ST3 Focus ST for 29k has heated Recaro's, no reason owners of $40k Mustangs shouldnt have that option.
Old 3/21/13, 09:02 AM
I Have No Life

Who's to say they aren't in the works?
It always seems the Mustang is slightly behind the curve when it comes to new bells/whistles.
I guess it just seems to fall that way in the production years.
Old 3/21/13, 09:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Folding side mirrors, or don't bother trying to sell it in Europe.
Old 3/21/13, 09:59 AM
GTR Member

This. You have to understand that there isn't really much engineering, if any, being done on the 2014 car. Most of the Focus is on S550, and that's a different animal. Also, you don't just walk up to someone at Ford and start asking technical questions and expect solid answers. Everyone thinks they'll just start laying it all out there, but that doesn't happen.
Old 3/21/13, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost

This. You have to understand that there isn't really much engineering, if any, being done on the 2014 car. Most of the Focus is on S550, and that's a different animal. Also, you don't just walk up to someone at Ford and start asking technical questions and expect solid answers. Everyone thinks they'll just start laying it all out there, but that doesn't happen.
Agree here especially asking detailed technical questions of execs and high level engineers usually won't bring much good info.

Op might want to ask more general or high level questions about how they are addressing performance issues in mft, whether we will see a gt500 in 2015. If we will see a glimpse or a tease of the next gen car prior to April 2014. Or maybe if ford pays attention to things ppl are doing to improve performance of their mt-82 like better bracket and fluid and if they are thinking about those issues as the finalize the new car.
Old 3/21/13, 10:43 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This.
Originally Posted by Overboost
And This.

When talking with an executive you better keep things at a high level, and even then expect the answer to be very broad and vague. They can't just give all the secrets of the company just because you asked. Nor are they probably even aware of all the intimate details you're asking.

Especialy question#6. That's just downright offensive. You're basically telling him his company is lying. Guess what kind of response you'll get to that?

Here are some general questions that you could get answers to, and that would be professional:

1) Where do you see the Mustang headed in the next 10 years?

2) Does Ford want to keep the car with it's muscle car roots, or move it forward to being a world class sports car?

3) Are there any plans upgrade older models equipped with the SYNC Nav to have newer capabilities (i.e. AppLink, TrackApps, text functionality)?
Old 3/21/13, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Like others have posted, most of these questions should be rephrased. As is, they will place the recipient in a defensive posture and will probably fluster him/her.
Old 3/21/13, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Is #12 a joke? You're asking if they'll make a hatchback mustang?

And agreed with everyone. This won't be a forum to air your complaints, in the form of questions, about the car.
Old 3/21/13, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Especialy question#6. That's just downright offensive. You're basically telling him his company is lying. Guess what kind of response you'll get to that?
The hell you say. This would be the first question out of my mouth and I would ask it to Alan Mulally himself face to face without hesitation given the opportunity. To NOT ask it would be a disservice to the entire Mustang community. I dont think it is offensive in the least given the track record. Its a legitimate concern and question. Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.
Old 3/21/13, 03:06 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 3Mach1
The hell you say. This would be the first question out of my mouth and I would ask it to Alan Mulally himself face to face without hesitation given the opportunity. To NOT ask it would be a disservice to the entire Mustang community. I dont think it is offensive in the least given the track record. Its a legitimate concern and question. Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.
Haha ok tough guy. I HIGHLY doubt you would say that to Mulally's face. It's one thing to talk tough on the internet, and quite another to actually do it real life.

Especially on such a small issue that is incessantly brought up by a rather small group of complaining enthusiasts. If it really were such a big deal, a recall would have been issued. I'm sure there were a few crappy trannys, but mostly it was people not knowing how to drive the MT-82 properly. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 3/21/13, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Haha ok tough guy. I HIGHLY doubt you would say that to Mulally's face. It's one thing to talk tough on the internet, and quite another to actually do it real life.

Especially on such a small issue that is incessantly brought up by a rather small group of complaining enthusiasts. If it really were such a big deal, a recall would have been issued. I'm sure there were a few crappy trannys, but mostly it was people not knowing how to drive the MT-82 properly. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Hate to break it to you but I would ask Mulally, Mark Fields or any Ford exec or Ford engineer or bean counter or who ever might listen to me. I am not 18 years old. Why would I not ask them? Should I be afraid of them when I am the customer? What would they do to me? Beat me with a rubber hose? I am not the least bit intimidated nor timid about this and nor should I be. You are flat out wrong if you think I would not bring it up. And I will guarantee you I am not the only one either.
Old 3/21/13, 03:59 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Hate to break it to you but I would ask Mulally, Mark Fields or any Ford exec or Ford engineer or bean counter or who ever might listen to me. I am not 18 years old. Why would I not ask them? Should I be afraid of them when I am the customer? What would they do to me? Beat me with a rubber hose? I am not the least bit intimidated nor timid about this and nor should I be. You are flat out wrong if you think I would not bring it up. And I will guarantee you I am not the only one either.
Good for you
Old 3/21/13, 04:13 PM
I Have No Life

And I'm sure any answer you get you wouldn't be happy with.

I find it amazing how many people seem to have more info on this 'situation' than the company itself!
Old 3/21/13, 04:52 PM
GTR Member

Great, another Internet tough guy...

Quick Reply: what would you ask FORD? Dead line 3.25.13