2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

What tires come with the Brembo Package?

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/10, 02:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What tires come with the Brembo Package?

Can anyone tell me what brand/model tires will come on the Brembo Package rims? Just for curiousity I played around on TireRack, and the OEM tire is mentioned as Pirelli Zero. The tires in the 19" size, are around $300, which was quite shocking to me...

I guess before it'll be time for new tires, I might consider a new tire/rim combo pack, in some instances for the same price as just the tires... Amazing!
Old 8/22/10, 05:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I have pirellis on mine, not sure if they are P Zeros, but I have 19's as well. Will probably end up going either up to 20s or down to 18s after they wear out.. Also waiting to see how the FRPP lowering springs will look. Just waiting to add a few more miles b4 even doing any type of suspension/power mods to it though..
Old 8/22/10, 07:53 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, they're expensive, been a few threads about this.
Old 8/22/10, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

P-Zero 255/40/19

~$370 ea

Very soft tire for everyday use, stirs up all kinds of ish on the road but the car handles like a dream.
Old 8/22/10, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 GT
I guess before it'll be time for new tires, I might consider a new tire/rim combo pack, in some instances for the same price as just the tires... Amazing!
There are a few 255/40/19s under $200 each. I definitely won't be spending $1200+ for a set of tires.
Old 8/22/10, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by monkeystash
There are a few 255/40/19s under $200 each. I definitely won't be spending $1200+ for a set of tires.

I'm on the same situation since the V6 Performance Package also comes with the same tires. People keep forgetting that you don't have to replace the tires with exactly the someone that come with the car and that there are other options. I see people not opting for the Brembo Package for the same reason You can also go 245/45/-19 for more options if you wanted too. Besides like I mention earlier the Camaro SS P-Zero 20" tires were like $400 each when that car came out and people were screaming. Now there are about $209 each pretty sure due to good sales of the Camaro. The same thing could happen to us too hopefully.
Old 8/22/10, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Someone mentioned sumitomo ht z III's on another post about the Brembo tires. I don't know a lot about them but I just found them on the Tirerack.com for $198.00 each.
Old 8/22/10, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

When I replace them, they will be the exact same tire no matter if they are 300+ or not! Otherwise I wasted money on the brembos package all together. They are summer only tires anyway! That alone tells you they are expensive but only meant to be used half the year in most places. The tires and wheels are why I even got the package. They are the major reason the handleing and braki
ng numbers are what they are. Not to mention they are what ford used to create the **** good steering feel.
Old 8/22/10, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fire512
Someone mentioned sumitomo ht z III's on another post about the Brembo tires. I don't know a lot about them but I just found them on the Tirerack.com for $198.00 each.
I just hope you don't get used to the performance of the Pirellis and then switch to the Sumitomos, as you'll likely be disappointed.

Last edited by Ministang; 8/22/10 at 03:29 PM.
Old 8/22/10, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have these tires on my rtr's http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=275

It may be too soon to tell, but the ride on the car feels much better, the handling def seems better, tires are much grippier. And if looks mean anything to you, they look pretty dam good too.

Only 202.00 each for a 275, or 193.00 for a 255
Old 8/22/10, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ministang
I just hope you don't get used to the performance of the Pirellis and then switch to the Sumitomos, as you'll likely be disappointed.
Thanks for the heads up. As I said I don't know a lot about them I just saw someone here mention them as a cheaper alternative to the Pirellis.
Old 8/22/10, 05:03 PM
GTR Member

The pirelli's aren't the end-all, be-all tire. And unless you are autocrossing or road racing then a less expensive tire will do just fine.
Old 8/22/10, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
The pirelli's aren't the end-all, be-all tire. And unless you are autocrossing or road racing then a less expensive tire will do just fine.
Then why would someone get the Brembo package in the first place? Bragging rights? I agree there are (a few) better tires than the Pirelli P-Zeros, but not many, if any, in the same size. There are lots and lots of worse tires out there than the Pirellis though.
Old 8/22/10, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Then why would someone get the Brembo package in the first place? Bragging rights? I agree there are (a few) better tires than the Pirelli P-Zeros, but not many, if any, in the same size. There are lots and lots of worse tires out there than the Pirellis though.
Brembo brakes, tuned suspension, 19" wheels, Unique Stability Control (aka Sport Mode)
Old 8/22/10, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Then why would someone get the Brembo package in the first place?
Originally Posted by newpony
Brembo brakes, tuned suspension, 19" wheels, Unique Stability Control (aka Sport Mode)
Exactly...If you don't get it, you probably should not be buying it..
Old 8/22/10, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by newpony
The Brembo brakes only offer significant performance improvements in a track environment (resistance to fade). The tuned suspension and extra stability control mode only really come into play in a track environement as well. I guess that leaves the wheels, maybe if a person really really likes the Brembo wheels?
Old 8/22/10, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Brembo brakes only offer significant performance improvements in a track environment (resistance to fade). The tuned suspension and extra stability control mode only really come into play in a track environement as well. I guess that leaves the wheels, maybe if a person really really likes the Brembo wheels?
I would think a guy who has the mods you do, and the other cars in your sig would understand....Guess not....
Old 8/22/10, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Modshack
I would think a guy who has the mods you do, and the other cars in your sig would understand....Guess not....
What, exactly, is you point? I autocross my Mustang, Mini, and Miata, and occasionally get to the drag strip and track as well. I seldom push any of my cars on the street to the point that something like the Brembo package would be beneficial to me (on the street), I do however push them in other environments where better wheels, tires, suspension, and brakes are helpful.
Old 8/22/10, 06:30 PM
GTR Member

Then why would someone get the Brembo package in the first place? Bragging rights?
For a LOT of buyers it is all about bragging rights, a pissing contest or mine is bigger and better than your's. Those people who will never get close to the potential of the car but had to have it because it impresses the masses supposedly.
Old 8/22/10, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=Ministang;5934806]What, exactly, is you point? I autocross my Mustang, Mini, and Miata, and occasionally get to the drag strip and track as well. I seldom push any of my cars on the street to the point that something like the Brembo package would be beneficial to me (on the street), I do however push them in other environments where better wheels, tires, suspension, and brakes are helpful.[ote]

First you argue against the package, seeing no value to it, Now you say those features would be helpful....(???)

I'm done with this one. I have the Brembo package and find the enhancements exactly what I want for a street car.

Quick Reply: What tires come with the Brembo Package?