Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What an idiot i am

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/11, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What an idiot i am

So I just get back from my business trip and I am real tired. I park the stang in the garage and get my luggage out and walk in the house. 5 min later my neighbor rings doorbell and says "you car rolled down your driveway and took out your neighbors brick mailbox.....WHAT!!!!!! I must have not put the parking brake or left it in gear and it was just at a perfect place in the garage to slowly roll back. I completely took out the mailbox and now I have a cracked taillight, gouges in my bumper and exhaust was put in a little, about 2k of damage to stang. I am not a happy camper!!!!
Old 5/4/11, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

im sorry the damage costs that much.... but that pretty **** funny
Old 5/4/11, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, you are guaranteed never to do that again...could be worse though: you could have taken someone out.
Old 5/4/11, 07:32 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
****, that sucks!! Sounds like something I'd do on accident.
Old 5/4/11, 07:41 PM
V6 Member

I sure it will be funny when all said and done but for now going into shop on Friday and maybe I can get some Roush AB's out of this....trying to think positive
Old 5/4/11, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Think Positive... at least the mailbox stopped you. Could of drove into a canal or a house. Lucky you.
Old 5/4/11, 08:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Wyle5Oh
I sure it will be funny when all said and done but for now going into shop on Friday and maybe I can get some Roush AB's out of this....trying to think positive
Roush AB's will put a smile back on your face.
Old 5/4/11, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That blows! Could have been way worse, though. @ least they didn't say took out the neighbor's house. Or worse than that. It can all be fixed. Still doesn't mean it sucks any less though. Sorry about this.
Old 5/4/11, 09:08 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Having to buy your neighbor a new mailbox would be the icing on the cake too. Probably got one of those fancy ones too.
Old 5/4/11, 09:12 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Consider yourself damned lucky, it could have been tons worse.
Old 5/4/11, 10:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Consider yourself damned lucky, it could have been tons worse.
What he said...
Old 5/5/11, 12:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Super genius
I always loved me some Wile E Coyote

Last edited by Greywolf; 5/5/11 at 12:48 AM.
Old 5/5/11, 01:27 AM

Well at least yours didn't burn in your garage. I would be tickled pink if it was that simple for me.
Old 5/5/11, 04:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry for what happened but it could have been worse.

When I was a kid I went out and started my Dads 67 Galaxy 500. It was a three on the tree model with a 390. The driveway was sloped. I happened to step back outside before Dad came out to take me to school and found the car across the street about 3 feet from the neighbors front door. It crossed the street and just dang near went through my neighbors front door. It was just sitting there running on high idle for those of you who remember carbs.

I about crapped my pants. I jumped in it and pulled it back in the driveway and nobody to this day knows about it.

My Mom recently hit their brick mailbox with her 4 runner and tore the fender up. She was really upset about it. I told her it was nothing a few hundred bucks would not fix and I was right but she caught a lot of grief from my Dad. I told him to get over it and the world had not come to an end.

Accidents happen and the main thing is nobody got hurt. Trust me when I say you will laugh about this later in life.
Old 5/5/11, 05:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

My friends Dad got run over by his own truck. He got out to get the mail and his cloths got hooked somehow and the Dodge Dakota jumped out of gear and ran over him. It went across a busy highway and went into a ditch. It knocked the breath out of him but he otherwise came out ok.

The state police showed up and accused him of drinking and he ripped their ***. I mean he tore them a new one. They didnt believe his story. Finally, a supervisor showed up and they got things cleared up. He was a lucky man that day. He called the junior Kentucky state trooper everything but a white man. The older state patrolman he said was very understanding.

Im just glad he lived through this.
Old 5/5/11, 08:25 AM
V6 Member

Thanks to everyone for the words. My car insurance I actually going to pay for his mailbox (cheapest quote so far is 775.00) and I will also claim my car. By doing this I will be way cheaper than paying for it all out of pocket. Car is going in Friday, so the process is moving pretty fast
Old 5/5/11, 08:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

This happened to me once with a Honda Civic I used to own. My car rolled across the parking lot into someones Chevy pickup-up and put a big A dent in it. It happened on my birthday and I couldn't find the owner. Filed a report with the MP's and they gave me a ticket for unsecured vehicle. Figured they would give me a break sinced I owned up to it.
Old 5/5/11, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

just sayin, I'm an addict of carnage and destruction
Old 5/5/11, 10:21 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, I can only laugh because I've done this as well. About 30 years ago, my first Mach 1 rolled away when I forgot to put on the parking brake (could have sworn it was in 1st gear). Oh well, we live, we learn. I've used my parking brake religiously ever since so it wll NEVER happen again.
Old 5/5/11, 03:08 PM
GT Member

I have done this before too. It was exactly 20 years ago when I was 18 in my '91 GT. I parked at my parents in the circle driveway in front of the house and a few hours later went outside to leave and found my car planted into a Oldsmobile across the street. I remember how mad I was at myself.

As long as nobody got hurt, you'll be able to laugh about it someday.

Quick Reply: What an idiot i am