Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/17, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what to do?

So i have my 13 gt for almost 4.5 years now, in second year i had my hood repainted due to bubbling. Earlier this week i discovered more bubbles has returned under the hood and found some new bubbles on the fenders. I know i can get a aftermarket hood to fix the bubbling issues but i dont think theres aftermarket fenders for this car. What can i do?
Old 5/22/17, 04:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The fenders are steel and rust instead of bubble. Take some pics and post them. If you really like your car have the Ford dealership buy you a new hood and if you don't like your car you can trade it for another one. I had new hoods put on my 2007 and 2011 on Fords dime.

Last edited by TheReaper; 5/22/17 at 04:51 PM.
Old 5/22/17, 08:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
The fenders are steel and rust instead of bubble. Take some pics and post them. If you really like your car have the Ford dealership buy you a new hood and if you don't like your car you can trade it for another one. I had new hoods put on my 2007 and 2011 on Fords dime.
If its steel why does it bubble? i thought it only happens to aluminum?
Its over 3 year bumper to bumper i doubt they would even lift a finger, at least from what i gathered in forums. My first and last ford for sure.
Old 5/22/17, 10:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Winkawak
If its steel why does it bubble? i thought it only happens to aluminum?
Its over 3 year bumper to bumper i doubt they would even lift a finger, at least from what i gathered in forums. My first and last ford for sure.
It sucks, big time, but have you talked to your dealer at all? Be good to have that as a baseline at least.
Old 5/23/17, 12:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
The dealers don't do anything, because it's Fords' call, & they won't do anything because it's not a safety or recall issue.
(my 2006 Mustang's paint is actually better than new paint;
i just wash it with water, & there's isn't a scratch still, & shines better than new paint does!
i REALLY lucked out, i think!
If memory serves, dealers have money allocated for repairs beyond warranties to help customers in situations like this. If the paint on this guy's car is truly so bad that the fenders somehow have bubbling, this could very well fall under that. It's worth asking the question before taking a bath on dumping the car.
Old 5/23/17, 01:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
If memory serves, dealers have money allocated for repairs beyond warranties to help customers in situations like this. If the paint on this guy's car is truly so bad that the fenders somehow have bubbling, this could very well fall under that. It's worth asking the question before taking a bath on dumping the car.
My experiences with dealerships are unbearable. Throughout the 4.5 years of owning this car since it was new, i have so many car issues during the first 2 years and bubbling was also one of them. Every dealership i went to were hard to deal with and incompetent. I even cancelled my extend ford warranty on the car due to my experience. I would ask but i just dont want to go through that again, i would rather spend money and go to a independent shop and get it fixed or replaced.
Old 5/23/17, 04:29 PM
Cobra Member

My experiences with dealerships are unbearable. Throughout the 4.5 years of owning this car since it was new, i have so many car issues during the first 2 years and bubbling was also one of them. Every dealership i went to were hard to deal with and incompetent. I even cancelled my extend ford warranty on the car due to my experience. I would ask but i just dont want to go through that again, i would rather spend money and go to a independent shop and get it fixed or replaced.
Why get on a Forum and whine about a problem that's been around since 2005 and you don't plan on giving Ford a chance to make it right.
Old 5/23/17, 09:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Why get on a Forum and whine about a problem that's been around since 2005 and you don't plan on giving Ford a chance to make it right.
If you bother to read what i wrote you would of known i went through that already and its my first ford.
Old 5/23/17, 09:58 PM
Cobra Member

If you bother to read what i wrote you would of known i went through that already and its my first ford.
If the bubbles come back you get a new hood.
Old 5/24/17, 12:30 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Unfortunately once the 3 year/36k bumper to bumper warranty expires, Ford is no longer under any obligation to cover paint/body panel issues.. Although the factory corrosion warranty is covered for 5 years, Ford will only honor claims if the surface/body panels in question are completely perforated through..

That being said, I would suggest talking with your dealership's general manager and find out if he or she might be willing to work something out with you.. Chances are if the dealership truly values your business, they will work with you in order to keep you as a valued customer.. Anyhow it certainly won't hurt by giving it your best shot, as you don't have anything to lose and possibly everything to gain

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 5/24/17 at 01:22 PM.