2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/14, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do

We'll to start it off, I got a deep impact blue 2013 mustang v6. So far I have bought for my car, bama hand held tuner, 3.73,airaid intake, throttle body spacer,lethal off road h pipe with roush exhaust .

Now for my question? What headers do I go with, I see a lot of bbk headers on YouTube and it sounds nice but I want something new and different, is Mac headers good or borla? My cousin also told me to get american racing headers but the price is too high for that. So what headers should I buy?
Old 6/19/14, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2013gtlover
We'll to start it off, I got a deep impact blue 2013 mustang v6. So far I have bought for my car, bama hand held tuner, 3.73,airaid intake, throttle body spacer,lethal off road h pipe with roush exhaust .

Now for my question? What headers do I go with, I see a lot of bbk headers on YouTube and it sounds nice but I want something new and different, is Mac headers good or borla? My cousin also told me to get american racing headers but the price is too high for that. So what headers should I buy?
OP-It sounds like you definitely hit the ground running here! I've been seeing a lot of really great feedback on and off the forums on the Borla Long Tubes and I think they're a great alternative to BBK's for a difference of $10 and change which included their own mid-pipe. I haven't personally heard them paired with a Roush AxleBack but I'm sure they're plenty aggressive!

I'm not sure if you're looking for Long Tubes or Shorty's but you would need to have Lethals mid pipe swapped for Borlas/BBK's as they're physically not going to attach to each other. Being said if you're aiming for a set of shorty's i would recommend BBK's Ceramic Tuned Length. I'm pretty partial to the brand as my '08 has many of their parts and the only issue I've ever had with them was simply due to shipping damage.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you're to have any questions and I'm here to help!

-Alex
Old 6/19/14, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We'll thanks Alex .
I'm looking to go with longtube headers.
Is there anything else that I don't know of that would help out in the car for few extra power
Old 6/19/14, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2013gtlover
We'll thanks Alex .
I'm looking to go with longtube headers.
Is there anything else that I don't know of that would help out in the car for few extra power

Very welcome! I see you're running the spacer and think a Throttle Body would work very well in conjunction with the Intake and additional supporting mods! After that I would start looking into some small suspension tweaks like Lower Control Arms. Let me know if you're to have any other questions I'm always here to help out!

-Alex