Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What is it about Ruby Red that women like it so much?

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/14, 02:02 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it about Ruby Red that women like it so much?

Ok serious question here guys.... That`s mustang related...sort of.

I finally decided to re-enter the dating world after a few years of "taking a break". My 2014 Ruby Red V6 Mustang seems to attract more women to it than if I took my dog for a walk down the street.

Ive had red mustangs before... and it was well.... not as good as this. My last was my old Redfire 2005 GT. It just seems like they ( women ) in all age ranges will walk up too me as ask " Wow!.....What color is that ??????? "

It`s a really great icebreaker for sure... I`m seeing someone right now that looks promising... very promising. The first time she saw " Dorothy " ( The Ruby Red v6 ) she`s been smitten ever sence. I even let her drive it last night... A VERY BIG BIG BIG BIG...Did I say BIG? hurdle for me. LOL

What is it about Ruby Red? Did Ford accidentally discover the best kept secret for single men? Or is it more of the old fishing addage? " If you want to catch bigger & better fish.... You have to use shinier prettier lures? " lol

Thanks everyone for their input.

Name:  ResizedImage_1391579011102_zpseabf3ec8.jpg
Views: 2964
Size:  157.0 KB

Last edited by lajntx; 10/26/14 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10/26/14, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
... hmm... my wife's the opposite. lol
When I went to order a '14, she told me we could order any color, other than ruby red. lol
And then I went and bought a Boss... lol
Old 10/26/14, 02:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Krohn
... hmm... my wife's the opposite. lol
When I went to order a '14, she told me we could order any color, other than ruby red. lol
And then I went and bought a Boss... lol
Maybe it was her looking out to "protect her turf" and didnt want you out and about by yourself with it?

I realise that not EVERY woman will like it... It`s just mind boggling how out in public at least twice a week someone will approach me and ask about it...... And it`s a V6 mustang no less.
Old 10/26/14, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well they're approaching you because it is a pretty car. lol
Of the '13s and '14s, my favorite colors are the DIB and Ruby Red!

And if she was trying to protect her turf, I doubt she'd have let me buy my last or current one. lol Nothing better than driving around with a Labrador in the passenger seat of Mustang. Everyone gives you a thumbs up. lol
Old 10/26/14, 02:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Krohn
Well they're approaching you because it is a pretty car. lol
Of the '13s and '14s, my favorite colors are the DIB and Ruby Red!

And if she was trying to protect her turf, I doubt she'd have let me buy my last or current one. lol Nothing better than driving around with a Labrador in the passenger seat of Mustang. Everyone gives you a thumbs up. lol
I`ll have to remember that... If the one I`m seeing now doesnt work out... Just stick the dog in the front seat.
Old 10/26/14, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thats because its a girl color bro.
Old 10/26/14, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Some women care about cars, most dont. However your car is like the dream car of most 45+ year old women. I see them driving here all the time, allot of real estate agents have them especially convertibles. Women do like mustangs in general though but really have no clue about them, i was once asked if my car was a BMW despite the illuminated door plate sills which read "Mustang" upon entering the car.
Old 10/26/14, 03:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Some women care about cars, most dont. However your car is like the dream car of most 45+ year old women. I see them driving here all the time, allot of real estate agents have them especially convertibles. Women do like mustangs in general though but really have no clue about them, i was once asked if my car was a BMW despite the illuminated door plate sills which read "Mustang" upon entering the car.
That makes sence... I`m 43, and that that age range does fall into the age range I do date from.
Old 10/26/14, 03:49 PM
GT Member

Thats because its a girl color bro.
Considering the hottie Im seeing right now...... Whatever works!
Old 10/26/14, 04:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was once asked if my car was a BMW despite the illuminated door plate sills which read "Mustang" upon entering the car.
Blonde's

Old 10/26/14, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I ask in a thread which color GT to get. All the woman said Ruby Red. I finally saw on in person cleaned and with the sun light hitting the side. Did you notice that the side looks like it has a yellow strip going down it in the crease? I love the color and get stopped all the time. Woman do love the car. Evey where I go I get stoped some times it is a pain. I now know what the rock stars feel like. LOL But you know woman can see more in dept color than men.
Old 10/26/14, 04:42 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I happen to love the Ruby Red color. Maybe because it's my birthstone color?
Old 10/26/14, 05:33 PM
GT Member

Haha much like someone before mentioned, my gf wasn't exactly appreciative of the Ruby Red color... I was between it and DIB... And the dealer sold the last barebones track pack DIB and they were left with this Ruby Red one... And **** I loved it.

The funny thing is I've always despised flashy color cars, and thought they didn't match my personality. I'm pretty introverted, but at the same time I'm a driver in a lot of ways (no pun intended). Part of me really was attracted to the dark, saturated reds and magentas in the paint. I truly felt that DIB was a better fit.

Long story short, my gf despised it... My previous cars were all dark gray or black, and this was a strong departure from what she was used to for me, and I think deep down she was kind of protective because she knew it would have a very positive response from the female crowd. Hard to miss a beautiful red mustang gt with gt500 axlebacks. She's grown used to it because she likes how she feels It, but she always says she wishes I would have gotten blue when she sees a DIB or Kona mustang. Worst part is she would have rather me gotten a challenger... :/ screw that, Blue Oval for life.

The color is an attention grabber for sure though, my coworkers call it the red Maserati haha. I guess it makes the car "look" more expensive... When in reality I only bought it because of the circumstances and situation I found myself in. It's been a great car I honestly think it's one of the best colors offered on a Mustang!
Old 10/26/14, 05:43 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My wife also wanted a Challenger. I wanted a Kona Blue Mustang but she fell in love with a Candy Red (more or less the same thing as Ruby) Mustang. I can live with that!
Old 10/26/14, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
It's an attention getter for sure, but mine has gotten attention from both women and men. It is just a fantastic color.

Old 10/26/14, 06:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
My fiancée loves Ruby Red, as do I. If I didn't have a Laser Red 2000, and Redfiref 2003, I would've gotten Ruby Red. It's so beautiful!
Old 10/26/14, 08:46 PM

I bought my wife a new 2014 Mustang GT for our 25th wedding anniversary. Guess what color she picked ? Ruby Red. I have to admit it is a hot color especially in the sun. I helped pick the options such a 3:73 gear, brembo brakes, shaker stereo, etc.
Old 10/27/14, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

The young girls like black cars :-) red is too flashy for millennials
Old 10/27/14, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As nice as ruby red is, both my wife and I gravitate towards black or DIB. There's something to be said about seeing a dark mustang pulling up in your rear view. I'm going for the evil, gates of Hell look. Also, my name is Damian so it's only natural
Old 10/27/14, 01:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I guess if you want to repel women, get Race Red. They hardly even notice it or just give an apathetic "cool." comment . I think less and less women care about cars or what you drive these days. As long as you have something that isn't a POS or an exotic, its just a car to them. Just look at the downward trend of people getting licenses and young people not buying cars.

Quick Reply: What is it about Ruby Red that women like it so much?