2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

West Coast Customs 2012 GT + 1967 Shell

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/12, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Velocity channel (previous known as Discovery HD channel) just debuted it's latest episode of the show Inside West Coast Customs. The build is a 2012 GT with a 1967 shell for microsoft. Car looks wicked! It's worth a DVR to check out the episode.

Last edited by DaSFGiants4Life; 3/25/12 at 09:16 PM.
Old 3/25/12, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Velocity channel (previous known as Discovery HD channel) just debuted it's latest episode of the show West Coast Customs. The build is a 2012 GT with a 1967 shell for microsoft. Car looks wicked! It's worth a DVR to check out the episode.
I could have gone without all the goofy light effects personally...

Old 3/25/12, 08:43 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wonder how many tubs of bondo they used??
Old 3/25/12, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Enough to make it faster. :P
Old 3/25/12, 08:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Im also not a fan of the matte black, it looks good on primed junk mad-max cars, but very few look good to me perma-matte
Old 3/25/12, 09:10 PM

[quote=Fridaze;6291808]I could have gone without all the goofy light effects personally...

x2, they had done a Tron R8 so now they're trying the ricer lighting on whatever else comes along.
Old 3/25/12, 09:19 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

bondo bucket just like boyd coddingtons cars.
Old 3/25/12, 09:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by yellowrubiu

x2, they had done a Tron R8 so now they're trying the ricer lighting on whatever else comes along.
I want to like that R8, but I can only do so when I think it would be a TRON vehicle not one someone really drives. Taking an R8 and doing that to it is otherwise just wrong.
Old 3/25/12, 10:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
This and the R8 make me think there's a real-life Brucie Kibbutz in California, and he's working at west coast customs. What utter pieces of CRAP. The fact that these guys have a tv show is painful.
Old 3/25/12, 10:44 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
This and the R8 make me think there's a real-life Brucie Kibbutz in California, and he's working at west coast customs. What utter pieces of CRAP. The fact that these guys have a tv show is painful.
Old 3/25/12, 10:48 PM

I like it

Could do without the lighting but there's some crazy technology in that car

The gauge cluster is digital touch screen you can switch between the 2012 clusters and the '67 ! crazy

The rear windshield opens up and turns into a project screen
Old 3/25/12, 10:50 PM
Bullitt Member

i've always wondered how they modified the body THAT much when the car is unibody.
Old 3/25/12, 10:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
The rear windshield opens up and turns into a project screen
I dont ever need my windshield to become a projection screen. Ever. I would buy a suburban for something like that.

The only show like this I could ever stomach was Overhaulin, because at least the took on the car from a performance stance, not just how do we make it look cool by adding a cotton candy machine and MP3 player in the visors.
Old 3/26/12, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fridaze

I dont ever need my windshield to become a projection screen. Ever. I would buy a suburban for something like that.

The only show like this I could ever stomach was Overhaulin, because at least the took on the car from a performance stance, not just how do we make it look cool by adding a cotton candy machine and MP3 player in the visors.
Your thinking of Pimp my Ride. Still WCC but that sounds more on par. WCC is a close second though. I still don't know how WCC is as big as it is. Ive been into customs for a long time and this is just too **** much for me. But I guess if I were making bookoos of cash of that crap then I'd probably keep it up. But I'd be ashamed of myself and open a traditional hot rod/speed shop on the side.

Overhaulin' was pretty awesome though. I enjoyed the people they got in on the project. I don't typically like Foose but better than WCC. At least they would go to Budnik or wouldn't cheap out on what products they used and took the time to do it well.

Last edited by Automagically; 3/26/12 at 08:33 AM.
Old 3/26/12, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Your thinking of Pimp my Ride. Still WCC but that sounds more on par. WCC is a close second though. I still don't know how WCC is as big as it is. Ive been into customs for a long time and this is just too **** much for me. But I guess if I were making bookoos of cash of that crap then I'd probably keep it up. But I'd be ashamed of myself and open a traditional hot rod/speed shop on the side.

Overhaulin' was pretty awesome though. I enjoyed the people they got in on the project. I don't typically like Foose but better than WCC. At least they would go to Budnik or wouldn't cheap out on what products they used and took the time to do it well.
the episode of "inside west coast customs" where they made this car is playing on HDNET the last week or so. I have only caught a few pieces of it but i recommend hunting it down and DVRing it i am going to do that tonight.

apparently they had some microsoft ppl working at WCC to get the electronics right. pretty cool operation.
Old 3/26/12, 08:52 AM
GT Member

Overhaulin' was pretty awesome though. I enjoyed the people they got in on the project. I don't typically like Foose but better than WCC.
Any particular reason you arnt a Foose fan? Ive never met him so I cant say first hand, he just always came off as pretty down to earth.
Old 3/26/12, 09:11 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Dont care for the wheels, way to big in diameter for the belt line of the car.
Old 3/26/12, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fridaze

Any particular reason you arnt a Foose fan? Ive never met him so I cant say first hand, he just always came off as pretty down to earth.
I should have worded that differently. Chip Foose seems to be an awesome guy with great talent. I haven't liked a lot of his designs in the past. That's what I meant. I think he was great for the show.

Last edited by Automagically; 3/26/12 at 09:55 AM.
Old 3/26/12, 10:14 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

foose mustangs are always ugly and the wheels are always awful.
Old 3/26/12, 10:15 AM
GT Member

I should have worded that differently. Chip Foose seems to be an awesome guy with great talent. I haven't liked a lot of his designs in the past. That's what I meant. I think he was great for the show.
Ahhh yes that makes much more sense. A lot of his paint jobs were hit or miss with me, but some of his stuff I like quite a bit. You see those overhaulin cars come up for sale every once in awhile, kinda sad people have to get rid of them.

Quick Reply: West Coast Customs 2012 GT + 1967 Shell