Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Venting about my 2013 Convertible - Help

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/13, 08:33 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
^^^^This buy all means. Wonder Woman to the rescue.
Lol! Thanks, wanted33!

Originally Posted by Sbbamafan
I PM'd Deysha as she requested but I did not ask for her help at this time as the dealer is keeping me satisfied at this point. At this juncture, I am waiting for parts to arrive. Should they encounter difficulty in solving my problems, I will definitely take Deysha up on her offer.
Definitely, keep me in the loop, Sbbamafan.

Deysha
Old 9/13/13, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make sure the grounds are checked - all that can be. poor grounds can the source of all electrical / electronic evil
Old 9/14/13, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought one under the same circumstance but it was local. If you still have the car fax it will show who owned it before. Most likely a rental agency. The issue is that you never know where it has been as a rental but it will tell you it's main area of operation. Good luck with getting it fixed.
Old 9/15/13, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

So - an update. The short story - still not fixed.

As I said in my previous post I left the car on Wednesday. They kept it until Thursday after lunch. The dealer replaced the pinion seal, the sway bar and the BCM (most importantly). I picked it up Thursday and drove it and it was fine all the rest of Thursday. Friday morning I was going somewhere and after about 8 miles the dash lights, controls and electronics 'wigged out' again. I turned and headed straight back to the dealer. For the first time it continued to malfunction even after I got to the dealer. It is now Sunday. They worked on it but truly have no idea what they are looking for. I realize electronic issues can be very difficult. They said that on 2 occasions when they tried to hook it up to their computers, it stopped malfunctioning before they could connect. The service writer also told me that they have contacted Ford by email but as of the end of the day on Friday they had received no reply. I will not have my car until, at the soonest, the end of the day on Monday. I doubt I will have it that soon.

In the meantime they have provided me a Lincoln MKT with the Ecoboost (quite a car). Truth is...I want MY car back in proper operation. I can't believe that NOBODY else has had this problem...my luck. I have now owned my car 10 days and it has been in the shop at least part of 7 days. Frustrated, to say the least.
Old 9/15/13, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
that's a pity. good luck with the repairs, hope they sort it out for you.
Old 9/15/13, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These things suck as much as having getting stuck driving a chevy. But it is better they have the time to get the data and instructions to get it fixed right. Hang in there and hopefully you will have the car that you bought and running right.
Old 9/15/13, 09:26 AM
V6 Member

So - an update. The short story - still not fixed.

As I said in my previous post I left the car on Wednesday. They kept it until Thursday after lunch. The dealer replaced the pinion seal, the sway bar and the BCM (most importantly). I picked it up Thursday and drove it and it was fine all the rest of Thursday. Friday morning I was going somewhere and after about 8 miles the dash lights, controls and electronics 'wigged out' again. I turned and headed straight back to the dealer. For the first time it continued to malfunction even after I got to the dealer. It is now Sunday. They worked on it but truly have no idea what they are looking for. I realize electronic issues can be very difficult. They said that on 2 occasions when they tried to hook it up to their computers, it stopped malfunctioning before they could connect. The service writer also told me that they have contacted Ford by email but as of the end of the day on Friday they had received no reply. I will not have my car until, at the soonest, the end of the day on Monday. I doubt I will have it that soon.

In the meantime they have provided me a Lincoln MKT with the Ecoboost (quite a car). Truth is...I want MY car back in proper operation. I can't believe that NOBODY else has had this problem...my luck. I have now owned my car 10 days and it has been in the shop at least part of 7 days. Frustrated, to say the least.
The FORD rep on this board can really help get the right FORD attention.
Old 9/15/13, 01:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by radioguy1
I'm gonna go that route if the dealer has not come up with a solution by the end of the day tomorrow. I don't want to step on the dealer's toes. I think they have given me a good effort so far. I want the 'higher ups' at FORD to help them if they can. Obviously, somebody will have to get it right - the sooner the better. I really want my car back (working properly).
Old 9/16/13, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

I spoke to the dealer this morning. I was told that after we talked on Friday that they determined it was the guage cluster causing the problem. They ordered a replacement that came in today. They changed it and will keep it tomorrow to retest (give it time to act up). Keeping my fingers crossed at this point. If all goes well tomorrow, I expect to pick it up tomorrow night.
Old 9/17/13, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by radioguy1
Thanks, radioguy1!

I spoke to the dealer this morning. I was told that after we talked on Friday that they determined it was the guage cluster causing the problem. They ordered a replacement that came in today. They changed it and will keep it tomorrow to retest (give it time to act up). Keeping my fingers crossed at this point. If all goes well tomorrow, I expect to pick it up tomorrow night.
Thank you for the update, Sbbamafan.

Deysha
Old 9/17/13, 06:16 PM
V6 Member

I got the car back tonight, just a couple of hours ago. I drove it about 20 miles and seems ok...but it has gone further than that between incidents before. I am cautiously optimistic.
Old 9/17/13, 07:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Well good luck. Hopefully it's fixed for good this time.
Old 9/18/13, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello Sbbamafan,

Congrats on the new ride! Please make another appointment with your dealer and PM me. Send your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
The Best!!
Old 9/18/13, 04:52 PM
V6 Member

Out of Patience

It did it again. I have now owned the car 14 days and it has been in the shop nine (9) of those days. I am informing Deysha after I post this. I hope she is as helpful as many of you say she is. This is definitely NOT what I was bargaining for when I got a 2013 with less than 14000 miles.
Old 9/18/13, 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
It did it again. I have now owned the car 14 days and it has been in the shop nine (9) of those days. I am informing Deysha after I post this. I hope she is as helpful as many of you say she is. This is definitely NOT what I was bargaining for when I got a 2013 with less than 14000 miles.
Sorry to hear this. I think it is prudent to not only escalate this situation via Deysha, but also be asking for a field engineer to assist with the diagnosis. I hope you can find a satisfactory resolution soon. Best of luck.
Old 9/18/13, 06:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
^^^What Tony said. Your dealer seems to be working hard for you, and that's good. I hope they get her fixed soon. Good luck.
Old 9/18/13, 08:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Bummer...It's definitely time for them to escalate to someone that knows more. At this point, it seems like they're just guessing.
Old 9/19/13, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Roller13
The Best!!
Thanks, Roller13!

I got you! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 9/19/13, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
sounds like a bad ground to me... Have they checked that? Does it happen over any bumps, vibrations, or certain engine RPM? (once again, vibrations)
Old 9/20/13, 05:11 PM
Banned

time for a '14 GT vert.

Quick Reply: Venting about my 2013 Convertible - Help