Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Which vendor wants to sell me a Cervini's hood?

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/15, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Just looked at the hood you want on LMR website. That's a sexy looking hood. It makes getting t-boned almost worth it. Not really. But its a good looking hood.
Thanks...it's the one I wanted since I got the car. I feel it kinda resembles the P-51's intake. I'm also having the 5.0 emblems shaved and fixing the few rock chips that it had. Everything but the bumpers and trunk is repainted lol!
Old 4/2/15, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cervinis shipped my hood freight. It was a full semi (18 wheeler) with nothing else in the truck. Luckily I have a 300' driveway for him to maneuver. The freight company called me and set up a delivery time that fit my schedule. The driver even helped open the box and inspect the hood for damage. I had zero issues. Id have to look and see what the freight company was. I don't remember it being any common company id ever heard of. You can PM me if you want and in the morning I can look for the receipt if your interested.
Old 4/2/15, 11:22 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by trizzot
Cervinis shipped my hood freight. It was a full semi (18 wheeler) with nothing else in the truck. Luckily I have a 300' driveway for him to maneuver. The freight company called me and set up a delivery time that fit my schedule. The driver even helped open the box and inspect the hood for damage. I had zero issues. Id have to look and see what the freight company was. I don't remember it being any common company id ever heard of. You can PM me if you want and in the morning I can look for the receipt if your interested.

I had the same kind of treatment for my carbon fiber stuff. First all my CF splitters came in a 18 wheeler and waited for me to inspect. then a year later, same driver, same company delivered my CF hood. Luckily i live on acreage with a private parking lot LOL.

nobody worth their salt is gonna leave that without a signature. Although maybe Amazon would ship it with a hefty drone
Old 4/2/15, 11:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by trizzot
I'll shoot you a PM shortly. I forgot that the LMR guy did explain this, that it would be shipped freight and I'd have to inspect it, and that the shipping company would set up a window of time with which to deliver. He couldn't give me how big the window was though, of the shipping company THEY used. I assumed the hoods were drop shipped then, but nope he confirmed they had them in stock. So, I didn't understand why they couldn't give me a timeframe of 1-2 hours, or 3-5 for a window of delivery.

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I had the same kind of treatment for my carbon fiber stuff. First all my CF splitters came in a 18 wheeler and waited for me to inspect. then a year later, same driver, same company delivered my CF hood. Luckily i live on acreage with a private parking lot LOL.

nobody worth their salt is gonna leave that without a signature. Although maybe Amazon would ship it with a hefty drone
Nice, that's what I'm expecting. The body shop is on the same street as my parents' house, 2 blocks down, but even still my dad doesn't have a pickup anymore, and neither do I. Luckily it's a long straight street, with lots of businesses at one end, so the truck shouldn't have a problem.
Old 4/3/15, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bringing this to the top this morning, before I call Cervini's directly, CJPP and Sinister Mustang.
Old 4/3/15, 09:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
See if hypermotive carry it. Might at least be worth a call, and they've taken good care of me in the past.
Old 4/3/15, 02:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Guess no other vendors wanted to step up to the plate.

Well, the hood is ordered, along with Roush hood struts and the rest of the Roush side splitters (rears too) to complete the Roush chin and lower grille delete I have going on soon.

I ordered the hood through Sinister Mustang, another parts vendor in Roseville, CA. They're semi local to me, about 2 hours away, but I only heard of them recently. They've been around though, and regularly race multiple cars on the strip and road courses in Northern CA, so I'm surprised I didn't find them sooner. They advertise in MM&FF, so I'm sure I saw their ad at one point or another, but they weren't my "go to" for parts ordering. They are now.

Granted, their selection isn't as great as some of the other big name shops, but here's how my experience went...

My phone call was answered immediately by a very sweet sounding receptionist named Ashley, who asked what I needed assistance with (told her possibly purchasing a hood), and said it would be a few minutes on hold for sales, is that okay? (So far so good, even if I had to wait a few minutes). A sales guy Mike picked up, asking how he could help. I let him know I was looking for the hood and possibly some other items. Mike chuckled at my LMR story and apologized as they had transferred me to their truck/diesel sales, not Mustang, but that he'd get me right over to them. Still not even worried about it at this point, as everyone has been super friendly and quick to minimize the hold time. Next, "Michael" answers the phone (and I'm starting to wonder if ALL sales reps are named Mike or Michael lol) with "hey there, so I hear you're looking for a hood?" Shocked, I say yessir! Wow they actually communicate between employees! Imagine that!

I go through my run down of the accident and wanting the hood etc. Michael says they don't stock them, ordered from Cervini's directly and either gets dropped shipped to the customer or shipped to their store front and I can pick it up, either way it's free shipping. Not wanting to deal with the shipping fiasco, I ask if I can pick up on a weekend, and Michael tells me absolutely; he's off on the weekends but will come in on a Saturday so I can pick it up. At this point, we discuss hood strut options and he tells me the Roush work with that hood and are a bit cheaper than the Cervini's. He was unsure on the Redlines, but I don't mind having the Roush ones since they're black. I decided to throw those in. While I'm at it, I've been wanting the side splitters too, which they show on their site, but they don't have the rears. I ask him if they can get them, he looks up the part number and confirms they can. So I'll have all those parts on the way! And I'm picking them all up in person...to check out the shop and make sure my hood is undamaged.

After all the purchasing is done, which of course I'm actually spending a) more money on more parts than intended and b) paying ridiculous CA sales tax because I'm buying in state, Michael and I start talking about his previous Mustang, an 04 Roush and his current 67 that he's restoring. We talk about my previous cars and my plans for my 2014. He gives me some advice on the CJ intake and says they're running it on their race cars, and love it.

So there you have it folks, a vendor that talks Mustang talk with you, is friendly on the phone, from the receptionist to the sales staff, knowledgable, and coming in on their day off to make sure I'm happy. I really didn't even divulge THAT much about my previous experience either, nor did I ask for a discount. And I bought more parts than intended. See what happens when you treat your customers right?

Now, let's see if the transaction continues to go as smoothly as today went. So far, I'm very happy and excited. My car is going to be sick when it's done!
Old 4/3/15, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Patrick! That's a shame about LMR. At least now you are happy, and hopefully everything comes in perfect and it's smooth sailing here on out. You gained another good company to purchase from now on also.
Old 4/3/15, 03:09 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by ThePope
When I had my 2010 GT, I purchased a Cervini 4 inch cowl hood from American muscle. I had it sent to my friends bodyshop. When he opened the box for inspection, it was damaged. I called american muscle and told them. Right away the offered to have it fix at their expense. I faxed them a estimate for the repair and they credited my card. The hood came out fantastic after everything was down. American Muscle hands down has the best customer service I've ever seen.
Lol, I about fell over laughing at this post. Esp that last sentence. Hilarious.
Old 4/3/15, 03:10 PM
I Have No Life

Patrick, holy venting, batman.

You should've tried Hypermotive. They can get anything
Old 4/3/15, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lol, I about fell over laughing at this post. Esp that last sentence. Hilarious.
I don't see any humor in my post. I assume you had a bad experience with them......
Old 4/3/15, 08:21 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by ThePope
I don't see any humor in my post. I assume you had a bad experience with them......
You have no idea.
Old 4/3/15, 08:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Guess no other vendors wanted to step up to the plate.

Well, the hood is ordered, along with Roush hood struts and the rest of the Roush side splitters (rears too) to complete the Roush chin and lower grille delete I have going on soon.

I ordered the hood through Sinister Mustang, another parts vendor in Roseville, CA. They're semi local to me, about 2 hours away, but I only heard of them recently. They've been around though, and regularly race multiple cars on the strip and road courses in Northern CA, so I'm surprised I didn't find them sooner. They advertise in MM&FF, so I'm sure I saw their ad at one point or another, but they weren't my "go to" for parts ordering. They are now.

Granted, their selection isn't as great as some of the other big name shops, but here's how my experience went...

My phone call was answered immediately by a very sweet sounding receptionist named Ashley, who asked what I needed assistance with (told her possibly purchasing a hood), and said it would be a few minutes on hold for sales, is that okay? (So far so good, even if I had to wait a few minutes). A sales guy Mike picked up, asking how he could help. I let him know I was looking for the hood and possibly some other items. Mike chuckled at my LMR story and apologized as they had transferred me to their truck/diesel sales, not Mustang, but that he'd get me right over to them. Still not even worried about it at this point, as everyone has been super friendly and quick to minimize the hold time. Next, "Michael" answers the phone (and I'm starting to wonder if ALL sales reps are named Mike or Michael lol) with "hey there, so I hear you're looking for a hood?" Shocked, I say yessir! Wow they actually communicate between employees! Imagine that!

I go through my run down of the accident and wanting the hood etc. Michael says they don't stock them, ordered from Cervini's directly and either gets dropped shipped to the customer or shipped to their store front and I can pick it up, either way it's free shipping. Not wanting to deal with the shipping fiasco, I ask if I can pick up on a weekend, and Michael tells me absolutely; he's off on the weekends but will come in on a Saturday so I can pick it up. At this point, we discuss hood strut options and he tells me the Roush work with that hood and are a bit cheaper than the Cervini's. He was unsure on the Redlines, but I don't mind having the Roush ones since they're black. I decided to throw those in. While I'm at it, I've been wanting the side splitters too, which they show on their site, but they don't have the rears. I ask him if they can get them, he looks up the part number and confirms they can. So I'll have all those parts on the way! And I'm picking them all up in person...to check out the shop and make sure my hood is undamaged.

After all the purchasing is done, which of course I'm actually spending a) more money on more parts than intended and b) paying ridiculous CA sales tax because I'm buying in state, Michael and I start talking about his previous Mustang, an 04 Roush and his current 67 that he's restoring. We talk about my previous cars and my plans for my 2014. He gives me some advice on the CJ intake and says they're running it on their race cars, and love it.

So there you have it folks, a vendor that talks Mustang talk with you, is friendly on the phone, from the receptionist to the sales staff, knowledgable, and coming in on their day off to make sure I'm happy. I really didn't even divulge THAT much about my previous experience either, nor did I ask for a discount. And I bought more parts than intended. See what happens when you treat your customers right?

Now, let's see if the transaction continues to go as smoothly as today went. So far, I'm very happy and excited. My car is going to be sick when it's done!
Kudos buddy, i STILL hope that someone chimes in and at the very least apologizes for the level of service that was provided.
Old 4/3/15, 08:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Kudos buddy, i STILL hope that someone chimes in and at the very least apologizes for the level of service that was provided.
Kinda laughable at this point. Open invitation to the supporting vendors on the forum, even considering my rant, you'd think one of them would have responded, with all the business I personally have given them, not to mention the countless referrals on this site alone. What a shame. CarID has been working with me on new wheels, but they don't offer a forum discount. After working in the industry and/or retail, I don't like paying retail prices - I know how much markup is involved, but I also know they're trying to run a business. I know there's wiggle room. Oh well...
Old 4/3/15, 09:06 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Kinda laughable at this point. Open invitation to the supporting vendors on the forum, even considering my rant, you'd think one of them would have responded, with all the business I personally have given them, not to mention the countless referrals on this site alone. What a shame. CarID has been working with me on new wheels, but they don't offer a forum discount. After working in the industry and/or retail, I don't like paying retail prices - I know how much markup is involved, but I also know they're trying to run a business. I know there's wiggle room. Oh well...
Did you reach out independently or just post in a thread and expect a response? Just curious . . .
Old 4/3/15, 09:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Did you reach out independently or just post in a thread and expect a response? Just curious . . .
Well, LMR in the initial post, AM and CarID via pm. Only CarID got back to me. Though, all of the above are supporting vendors and are active on this forum every single day, including the people I PM'd.
Old 4/4/15, 05:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Laserred,
Please keep us posted...it will be worth all the trouble. Your car will look mean as hell with that hood.
Old 4/4/15, 05:29 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Well, LMR in the initial post, AM and CarID via pm. Only CarID got back to me. Though, all of the above are supporting vendors and are active on this forum every single day, including the people I PM'd.
Dang!
Old 4/4/15, 06:36 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Dang!

Hey Earl
Old 4/15/15, 08:04 AM

Hey Patrick,

Sorry i did not see this sooner, we are no longer a vendor on this forum. I am screenshotting your original post and sending it to our sales manager Jeff to make sure this issue is addressed. As for the discount code, i am not sure why he would not let you use the general forum discount code of GVMWJ4GQ. I will make sure this gets addressed asap.