Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

UK and Australia to get RH drive Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/13, 07:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK and Australia to get RH drive Mustang

I'm on the fence about if I like the idea of a UK and Australia version of the iconic Mustang with RH drive. Like it or not, looks like it's going to happen. Globalization is changing the game.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/r...ustralia.html/
Old 7/22/13, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long is only sold in UK and Australia I don't have any problem with it.
Old 7/22/13, 08:25 AM
GT Member

^ What, you don't see the benefit of RHD in North America for sidewalk cruising? Not that I do that... Can also be helpful when street parking in the big city. Fun when passing too.
Old 7/22/13, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Why would you care? Every other car that is sold in the U.S. and in Australia, Japan, etc. is right-hand drive in those other countries. Having driven a left-hand drive car in New Zealand, I can tell you it is challenging.
Old 7/22/13, 10:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm from England, but I don't want the '15MY Mustang in RHD. Driving a LHD Mustang over here is all part of the attraction.

Still, Australia wouldn't be allowed to register it if it was still LHD, so they have no choice.
Old 7/22/13, 04:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Not sure why anyone would really care what is offered overseas? If they sell more then more $ to put back into development (or that's the theory...)
Old 7/22/13, 09:17 PM
GT Member

Is it confirm? It's only speculations form Australian media from what I 've see & nothing from Ford. I just return from UK. I 've seen a number LHD cars(e.g. Arab cars, cars from Europe , Tourist Bus Trucks from Europe etc. there & so far I've seen 3 Mustang in UK( A yellow 2005 shape GT-(Very loud), A brownish GT in London & a red 1997 Mustang in Manchester).All are LHD with UK registered plates & they don't seem to have problem driving in the RHD country.

Also What Ford said- They only offer the next gen Stang for Europe only? They follow suit with the Chevy Camaro. I 've seen a few Chevy Camaro in UK (LHD) with UK plates. I guess they might offer the new gen Stang with LHD?
Old 7/22/13, 09:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I'm from England, but I don't want the '15MY Mustang in RHD. Driving a LHD Mustang over here is all part of the attraction.

Still, Australia wouldn't be allowed to register it if it was still LHD, so they have no choice.
Me too. It s unique to drive a LH side car in a RHD country. Also I don't think the no. are justified to built it in RHD? Most RHD country are in Asia & Africa with high taxation base & lower income rate among its people. So how many Mustang would be sold then?

Australian have a choice since they have many conversion company that shift the steering to the right.
Old 7/23/13, 01:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Not sure why anyone would really care what is offered overseas? If they sell more then more $ to put back into development (or that's the theory...)
I have driven my LH drive Mustang (my previous '97) in England and it's a wonder I wasn't arrested. The reason I care what's offered in Europe is I believe some things should be unique to a country. The Mustang has been an American icon for 50 years. That means something. I don't have a problem with someone buying a Mustang and bringing it home, where ever home is, but I'm a little edgy about it being built for that market. I understand the business and the shareholders want to see growth and dividends. Slowly what was ours is belonging to someone else. It's enough that the car gets parts from all over the world. What happened? did we forget how to make car parts in this country. If we can't have a genuine American made car because of labor, or availability of parts, or whatever bologna they come up with then kill the Mustang because it's just not American anymore. Building them overseas even if it's for that market makes my bones hurt as well. I never liked the idea of the EU and all of the countries giving up their currency in favor of the Euro. I hope that doesn't happen in America.
Old 7/23/13, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^
Attached Images  
Old 7/29/13, 04:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Everybody knows you can't mount a horse from the right side........