2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Troubling News for 2011 Mustang orders

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/10, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer told me that the delay on their GT500 order that was built last month was due to waiting for the sync module to arrive so this is a plausable reason for the delay atleast for sync equipped vehicles. Our base GT will be here next week.

JJ
Old 5/12/10, 10:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tyrrell-Ford P34
So after doing some internet detective work and tracking down friends-of-friends, you just called up an AAI line worker out of the blue, and he spilled the beans over an unsecured line to a complete stranger?

Do I have that right?
They didn't spill the beans, if you read carefully; just said there was a quality hold, that the cars were being slowly released, they could not reveal the reason for the hold, and there were a lot of them on the lot. Your assumption that it was a line worker is incorrect. I just received a call from an AAI executive acknowledging the VM I left on her phone, yesterday. She told me cars were being shipped, albiet, slowly, and she was going to personally determine where my car was located, it's status, and ETA at my dealership. I'm fairly pleased with the result of my "detective work", as my past 25 years of homicide investigation did pay off. Oh ye of little faith!
Old 5/12/10, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JJ@WMS
My dealer told me that the delay on their GT500 order that was built last month was due to waiting for the sync module to arrive so this is a plausable reason for the delay atleast for sync equipped vehicles. Our base GT will be here next week.

JJ
I hope you are right!
Old 5/12/10, 11:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 03reptile
They didn't spill the beans, if you read carefully; just said there was a quality hold, that the cars were being slowly released, they could not reveal the reason for the hold, and there were a lot of them on the lot. Your assumption that it was a line worker is incorrect. I just received a call from an AAI executive acknowledging the VM I left on her phone, yesterday. She told me cars were being shipped, albiet, slowly, and she was going to personally determine where my car was located, it's status, and ETA at my dealership. I'm fairly pleased with the result of my "detective work", as my past 25 years of homicide investigation did pay off. Oh ye of little faith!
The wife did it.

Old 5/12/10, 11:17 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
I HIGHLY doubt it had anything to do with sync. It's been a full proof system, not only used in the mustang but on 20+ other Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models. This would cripple their overall supply and would have started a while ago, since the current version (3.1) has been out for sometime now. Besides that, it's Microsoft's technology not Ford's...

ETA is just that, estimated. With 11,000-15,000 orders placed for the 1st month of course it's prone to back up. Just bare with it. I ended up waiting an extra 8 weeks (16 total) for my 2010...

There may in fact be a hold... But I've seen a 2011 GT500 at my dealer now for 2 weeks. Which is right in line with the current delivery, (the first being delivered on 4/22).
Maybe it needs emptying and should be replaced with a FOOL proof system!
Old 5/12/10, 11:34 AM
FR500 Member

Let's say that there is an issue with Sync modules, and that they need to be replaced before shipping. If true, then the supplier would not only have to ship replacements for the faulty modules, but also support ongoing production. To me this means there is a good chance of a bottleneck because the supplier is unable to suddenly (and temporarily) double their production rate.
A similar situation could hold true if the modules are being repaired and sent back to the factory on a rotating basis. This could explain the slow release of cars, along with the seemingly random nature of which ones are being shipped.

Is there anyone who doesn't have Sync who's been waiting a long time for their car to be shipped?

Last edited by PTRocks; 5/12/10 at 11:35 AM.
Old 5/12/10, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

This person has been waiting......
Originally Posted by JoshuaEIB
if it's a SYNC issue why is my car without it (base GT) still sitting in the now famous AAI lot?
Old 5/12/10, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

IF it was sync, it'd hold up more than Mustangs... It may well be the order in which they got to the ramp holding area... My biggest issue is that there's no update on my file since 4/25! At this point I'd take a new ETA of sometime in just as long as there was an update.
Old 5/12/10, 12:03 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by markski74
This person has been waiting......
well i had to call again today because of this and i got the word that it is in transit now but they moved my delivery back again by another week.
Old 5/12/10, 12:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Oh my Lord. Is there really another new thread on this.
Old 5/12/10, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Do you expect anything less?
Old 5/12/10, 12:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Let's say that there is an issue with Sync modules, and that they need to be replaced before shipping. If true, then the supplier would not only have to ship replacements for the faulty modules, but also support ongoing production. To me this means there is a good chance of a bottleneck because the supplier is unable to suddenly (and temporarily) double their production rate.
A similar situation could hold true if the modules are being repaired and sent back to the factory on a rotating basis. This could explain the slow release of cars, along with the seemingly random nature of which ones are being shipped.

Is there anyone who doesn't have Sync who's been waiting a long time for their car to be shipped?
Those can be all very valid points, but to me it makes no sense to be SYNC. At least to the current version (3.1 which is also used in the 2010). It's like saying, the leather seats in the 2011 aren't passing inspection because they're prone to tearing all of a sudden. They're the same seats, material and setup in the 2010... So why would the 2010 leather be fine- but the 2011 not... It's the same thing!?... Same concept with SYNC. How can it be faulty all of a sudden when it's worked for over a year, and they have ample lead time and order processing due to it being in 20+ cars. And none of the others to speak of are on any noticeable hold either.

And the only "Module" in SYNC is the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module). So we're saying that the interfacing which allows SYNC to be in contact with other devices, (ipod, bluetooth, aux, etc...) is faulty? Meanwhile in the 2010, it functions flawlessly... I just don't see how it showed up in the 2011 and not the 2010. Thus, I continue my doubt that if there is a hold, or back up, that it's due to SYNC.

Last edited by 2010MustangGT; 5/12/10 at 12:34 PM.
Old 5/12/10, 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
the best way to stop new threads that you think are useless is to not reply to them

oops!
Old 5/12/10, 01:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I still don't buy that there is a hold because of Sync, because it would be affecting a lot more then just Mustangs. I'm not even convinced that there IS a hold.

But let's say there is a hold for dirt in the blinker fluid or a bad headlight bearing. How is all of them shipping by the end of May troubling news? News like that suggests that the issue has been fixed, and that they have people reworking the cars that have the problem. Don't get me wrong, I want my car as bad as anyone. But, I plan on keeping this Mustang for a long time. I'd rather wait a little longer now than have a lemon that spends more time in service than in my driveway.
Old 5/12/10, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't think its a hold as much of just lots of them built up and they can't ship them fast enough. Or maybe they are bunching them for shipment and there aren't alot going to your area. Eitehr way Ford's tracking system leaves much to be desired.

It's worth the wait though - trust me.
Old 5/12/10, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JoshuaEIB
well i had to call again today because of this and i got the word that it is in transit now but they moved my delivery back again by another week.
What is the 1-800 number to call and check on the status of your car? Thanks, Mitch
Old 5/12/10, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.ford.com/owner-services/c...t/contact-ford

800-392-3673
Old 5/12/10, 02:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
I don't think its a hold as much of just lots of them built up and they can't ship them fast enough. Or maybe they are bunching them for shipment and there aren't alot going to your area. Eitehr way Ford's tracking system leaves much to be desired.

It's worth the wait though - trust me.
+1. Mine is "in transit" but the transport company hasn't scheduled it yet. Lack of trucks or rail cars given the backlogged volume, perhaps?
Old 5/12/10, 02:14 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
+1. Mine is "in transit" but the transport company hasn't scheduled it yet. Lack of trucks or rail cars given the backlogged volume, perhaps?
There should be plenty of railcars at present. IMO
That was a problem a couple of years ago because of demand and the railcar manufacturers were pumping them out to counter the shortage.
But with the slack economy, there should be enough in inventory.
Old 5/12/10, 02:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
There should be plenty of railcars at present. IMO
That was a problem a couple of years ago because of demand and the railcar manufacturers were pumping them out to counter the shortage.
But with the slack economy, there should be enough in inventory.
There also has to be labor to deal with the increased railcar use. And that is probably the slowdown. No one to maintain them, drag them out of the rail yard, hook them up, load them, etc.

Kind of like the trucking companies. They may have enough railcars to ship the cars from railyard to railyard but there may not be enough auto transports to get them where they need to go as frequently as they need to get there.

Quick Reply: Troubling News for 2011 Mustang orders