2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Tired of incompetent dealers

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/14, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I talked to Jeff here from the forums last night, very cool guy, straight shooter, no BS...would recommend!

I did manage to find a local salesman who is good and knows what's up and managed to answer exactly what was asked - first offer is invoice (sent me the invoice) minus rebates, which is exactly what I wanted and expected to pay for a special ordered car, no BS and no games. Also locks in the better of the rebates, either at time of order or time of delivery.

Now I just need to do some thinking.
Old 1/15/14, 12:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Old 1/15/14, 12:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Get off your ***.
Lol, my thoughts exactly.
Old 1/15/14, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Siber Express
From the time I have been on here Jeff or Brian are top notch, I probably would have got mine from one of them if my salesman wasn't a friend, and PA is probably closer than Tennessee.
Hey bud, thanks for the kind words. I ove selling forum members.
Old 1/15/14, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by puma1552
So, I talked to Jeff here from the forums last night, very cool guy, straight shooter, no BS...would recommend!

I did manage to find a local salesman who is good and knows what's up and managed to answer exactly what was asked - first offer is invoice (sent me the invoice) minus rebates, which is exactly what I wanted and expected to pay for a special ordered car, no BS and no games. Also locks in the better of the rebates, either at time of order or time of delivery.

Hey bud, thank you very much for the kind words. It was my pleasure to answer your questions. This site is the best, with alot of great people who love Mustangs and enjoy helping one another out.
Old 1/15/14, 01:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, thank you very much for the kind words. It was my pleasure to answer your questions. This site is the best, with alot of great people who love Mustangs and enjoy helping one another out.
Jeff:

Would like to confirm something...I ordered a 14 Gt on Dec 28th with a $750 coupon and the, at that time, $2,500 rebates. The sales guy, who I really like, said that if the rebates go up, (which they did a few days after I ordered), I get the new amount, but would need to get a new coupon to keep the $750 as my $750 coupon expired on January 6th. I have been ordering new brochures and did get a new $750 coupon that doesn't expire until sometime in March. I sent the new Vincent and customer ID # to the salesguy....so will I now have a total of $3,750 in rebates?
Old 1/15/14, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey 05FordGT - I wish I knew about you when I ordered my 2014. What a nightmare that was.
Old 1/15/14, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad you are finally getting some help! I had a poor experience too. The sad part is I purchased my Stang from the Auto Group I work for. They blew off my 13 MY order until they had no more allocations. Then once I could place the order for a 14 it took more than a month of phone calls to confirm they actually ordered my car. After I finally had my car in my garage I kept getting voice mail messages from their Sales Department asking me if they can get me into a new Mustang?!
Old 1/15/14, 03:02 PM
GT Member

I'm getting my wife an evolution MR and I'm experiencing the same hassle with Mitsubishi, I was very specific about the car and in the comments stated not to call me unless you have X in color X or you can get it within a few days. I'm getting calls from 3 times the number of dealers than I selected and all that came through was I was looking for an evo, zero configuration options made it. Total b/s.

Last edited by figit; 1/15/14 at 03:07 PM.
Old 1/16/14, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I live in the MSP area as well. Curious to know which dealer you are working with. Please PM me if you don't want to put it out on the board.

Thanks,
John
Old 1/16/14, 03:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JCStang
Jeff:

Would like to confirm something...I ordered a 14 Gt on Dec 28th with a $750 coupon and the, at that time, $2,500 rebates. The sales guy, who I really like, said that if the rebates go up, (which they did a few days after I ordered), I get the new amount, but would need to get a new coupon to keep the $750 as my $750 coupon expired on January 6th. I have been ordering new brochures and did get a new $750 coupon that doesn't expire until sometime in March. I sent the new Vincent and customer ID # to the salesguy....so will I now have a total of $3,750 in rebates?
Hey Jeff, that is correct. You get all the rebates that are available on the car, plus one Coupon from the mail. I don't know your ZIP Code, so I don't know what the rebates are in your region, but if you want me to, I can run them to confirm for you? Just let me know.
Old 1/16/14, 03:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Last1
Hey 05FordGT - I wish I knew about you when I ordered my 2014. What a nightmare that was.
Hey buddy, my apologies for the bad experience. I've been on here a long time, but haven't been on lately due to work and other things (health issues) going on. I'm always around though. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the car from?
Old 1/16/14, 03:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Jeff, that is correct. You get all the rebates that are available on the car, plus one Coupon from the mail. I don't know your ZIP Code, so I don't know what the rebates are in your region, but if you want me to, I can run them to confirm for you? Just let me know.
60548...pretty sure they are $3,000...hope they go up some more!!!
Old 1/16/14, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JCStang
60548...pretty sure they are $3,000...hope they go up some more!!!
Hey Jeff, its still $3,000. Two rebates technically, one being $2,000 and the other being $1,000. Then you would get your $750 coupon as well.
Old 1/16/14, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey buddy, my apologies for the bad experience. I've been on here a long time, but haven't been on lately due to work and other things (health issues) going on. I'm always around though. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the car from?
Sorry to hear about the health issues man. Hang in there. I had a very bad experience with Malouf in NJ, so I went to All American and ordered the vehicle from them. That was less painful, but still a difficult experience. If it weren't for Deysha I would have been lost. Anyway, I really don't want to go back there for scheduled maintenance.
Old 1/17/14, 07:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I know I’m a little late to the party, but glad to see the camaraderie on here! Thanks again, 05fordgt!

Also, puma1552, be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Originally Posted by Last1
Sorry to hear about the health issues man. Hang in there. I had a very bad experience with Malouf in NJ, so I went to All American and ordered the vehicle from them. That was less painful, but still a difficult experience. If it weren't for Deysha I would have been lost. Anyway, I really don't want to go back there for scheduled maintenance.
Awwwe! Thanks for the kind words, Last1!

Deysha
Old 1/17/14, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I know I’m a little late to the party, but glad to see the camaraderie on here! Thanks again, 05fordgt!

Also, puma1552, be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Awwwe! Thanks for the kind words, Last1!

Deysha
Thanks! No order yet, still thinking about it and cross shopping (and trying to get a $750 coupon).
Old 1/21/14, 11:39 AM

Thanks! No order yet, still thinking about it and cross shopping (and trying to get a $750 coupon).
No problem, puma1552. Also, remember these are regional incentives and not guaranteed to be in every brochure and they do have an expiration date. You should request one after you order your vehicle.

Deysha
Old 1/21/14, 12:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
No problem, puma1552. Also, remember these are regional incentives and not guaranteed to be in every brochure and they do have an expiration date. You should request one after you order your vehicle.

Deysha
Thanks, I've ordered probably 18 or more brochures up to this point, waiting for them to start arriving in the mail.

To my understanding if they expire before the car is delivered, the dealer can have their zone rep lock the $750 in, which is what I plan to attempt doing, so I'll wait until I can secure one to order. Looking for a mid-February order, which should be before things start to balance out.
Old 1/22/14, 08:18 AM

Thanks, I've ordered probably 18 or more brochures up to this point, waiting for them to start arriving in the mail.

To my understanding if they expire before the car is delivered, the dealer can have their zone rep lock the $750 in, which is what I plan to attempt doing, so I'll wait until I can secure one to order. Looking for a mid-February order, which should be before things start to balance out.
No problem, puma1552. Don’t wait too long.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Tired of incompetent dealers