2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Tired of incompetent dealers

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/14, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tired of incompetent dealers

Jesus, I've sent requests to three different dealers for price quotes on two specific configurations (one auto + Brembo, one MT + Track Pack). I did this through Ford's build and price tool for one dealer, and the other two dealers I sent a specific, bullet-pointed, clear as possible email that said exactly what I wanted, and explicitly stated I want to do a FACTORY ORDER because they don't have what I want in stock.

What did one dealer do? Send me a link to a window sticker that required a login and password that I don't have, which didn't even matter because based on MSRP it wasn't what I asked for, it was some **** off the lot. I wrote back to this dealer and said that the link to the window sticker doesn't work, nor is that car the one I wanted. I didn't hear back.

What did the other two dealers do? Send me a link to a car on the lot that doesn't match what I asked. One wasn't. even. close.

What the hell? I can't make it any more clear, I want a price quote on a special order Mustang, and here's the specs of my order. If you don't have an allocation or don't want to sell me one, tell me, instead of ignoring everything I said and sending me a link to some **** on your lot that doesn't match what I want.

WTF does a guy have to do to get a price quote on a car he wants? All these dealers sending me BS emails about how they want to earn my business, well here's a tip - answer what the customer who fell into your lap asked.

Can I not get a price quote on something not on a lot? Is that not possible? If not, I'll buy another brand then, to hell with it. So frustrating, mainly because if I received an email like that from a customer, the very last thing I could possibly fathom doing is blowing off that person's request entirely and showing them something completely different than what they asked.
Old 1/14/14, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
strange... when i was in market hunting i was getting very good response from dealers. call up dealerships n then u might get quicker n better response.
Old 1/14/14, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

And speak of the devil, I emailed one dealer and said thanks but the configuration they sent wasn't what I asked for, and I just got an email reply that asked what was missing and told me they went off my list. You'd think you would go back and re-read what the customer asked for before sending another email telling them you went off their list and asked what was missing.

I asked for two configurations:

-'14 Premium Coupe
-401A
-Automatic
-Brembo Package
-Comfort Package
-Shaker Pro

or

-'14 GT Premium Coupe
-401A
-Manual
-Track Pack
-Comfort Pack
-Shaker Pro

Instead the car they sent me was a manual car with Brembo (not track pack), an ugly accessories pack, a useless rear sensing pack, and no Shaker. Come on. Given that I can't seem to get a single dealer to get it right, I have serious doubts as to whether or not they could sit at the computer and punch in my order correctly.
Old 1/14/14, 12:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Where are you located, I am sure if you gave people here a general idea of where you are someone could point you to a good dealer.
Old 1/14/14, 12:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

i thought somewhere i saw grapevine texas
Old 1/14/14, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

I mean I'm cool with people making mistakes or whatever, but this seems like blatant disregard. A man just want a price on a moderately optioned special ordered car.
Old 1/14/14, 12:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

oopss!!! read to many thread. got confused
Old 1/14/14, 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
I'm in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I mean I'm cool with people making mistakes or whatever, but this seems like blatant disregard. A man just want a price on a moderately optioned special ordered car.
There are two great sales guys on here, one in the Pacific Northwest, and one northeast. Obviously they're nowhere near you, but they can drop ship a car for you, to your nearest dealer. You pay them, and just pick up the car from your dealer with a big ffffuuuu to them for not fulfilling your needs. PM 05fordgt or Five Oh Brian on here.
Old 1/14/14, 12:58 PM
V6 Member

Thats too bad about your experiences.
I ended up with the opposite scenario. my dealer sales guy was great and fantastic price on my the car i ordered. Hopefully you can find a good sales guy to deal w/. its pretty straight forward.
Old 1/14/14, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And speak of the devil, I emailed one dealer and said thanks but the configuration they sent wasn't what I asked for, and I just got an email reply that asked what was missing and told me they went off my list. You'd think you would go back and re-read what the customer asked for before sending another email telling them you went off their list and asked what was missing.

-'14 Premium Coupe
-401A
-Automatic
-Brembo Package
-Comfort Package
-Shaker Pro

or

-'14 GT Premium Coupe
-401A
-Manual
-Track Pack
-Comfort Pack
-Shaker Pro

Instead the car they sent me was a manual car with Brembo (not track pack), an ugly accessories pack, a useless rear sensing pack, and no Shaker. Come on. Given that I can't seem to get a single dealer to get it right, I have serious doubts as to whether or not they could sit at the computer and punch in my order correctly.
Hey bud, let me help you out. I can price it out for you so you know MSRP and invoice. I've been at my Ford dealer for over 17 years now and on here for over 10. Others on here can attest to my honesty. If you have a few minutes, give me a call at the number below. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction in regards to price. And if your not too far from me, I can order it for you ifi you don't mind a little travel. Let me know.
Old 1/14/14, 01:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

-'14 Premium Coupe
-401A
-Automatic
-Brembo Package
-Comfort Package
-Shaker Pro

MSRP for car above. $41,365. Invoice is $38,728.32.
or

-'14 GT Premium Coupe
-401A
-Manual
-Track Pack
-Comfort Pack
-Shaker Pro

MSRP for 6-speed manual car-$40,970. Invoice is $38,369.32.

Hey bud, I put the prices above in your quoted reply. They will be spot on with the exception of the ADV Assessment (advertising). The cost of this is on the invoice side (already added in above), but it varies by region. For my region (Philadelphia region, its $602 on the stick car and $608 on the automatic car) Depending on your region, its going to be pretty close to the above number give or take $100 here or there.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call or PM me back. I'm always glad to help out forum members (even if I can't sell them a car directly, I feel like I did a good thing).
Old 1/14/14, 01:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by laserred38
There are two great sales guys on here, one in the Pacific Northwest, and one northeast. Obviously they're nowhere near you, but they can drop ship a car for you, to your nearest dealer. You pay them, and just pick up the car from your dealer with a big ffffuuuu to them for not fulfilling your needs. PM 05fordgt or Five Oh Brian on here.
Hey Patrick, thanks for the kind words. I sent him a PM. Hopefully I can help him out.
Old 1/14/14, 02:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Patrick, thanks for the kind words. I sent him a PM. Hopefully I can help him out.
No worries Jeff! I hope you can too.
Old 1/14/14, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Hey bud, let me help you out. I can price it out for you so you know MSRP and invoice. I've been at my Ford dealer for over 17 years now and on here for over 10. Others on here can attest to my honesty. If you have a few minutes, give me a call at the number below. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction in regards to price. And if your not too far from me, I can order it for you ifi you don't mind a little travel. Let me know.

I'm there for you Jeff.
Old 1/14/14, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by wanted33
I'm there for you Jeff.
Thanks Jim!!!
Old 1/14/14, 02:52 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WTF does a guy have to do to get a price quote on a car he wants? .

Get off your ***.
Old 1/14/14, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd suggest the salesman at the dealership I used, but that location is: Hamilton in Canada. :-) So, best of luck in your search!
Old 1/14/14, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey bud, I put the prices above in your quoted reply. They will be spot on with the exception of the ADV Assessment (advertising). The cost of this is on the invoice side (already added in above), but it varies by region. For my region (Philadelphia region, its $602 on the stick car and $608 on the automatic car) Depending on your region, its going to be pretty close to the above number give or take $100 here or there.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call or PM me back. I'm always glad to help out forum members (even if I can't sell them a car directly, I feel like I did a good thing).
Much appreciate, PM sent.
Old 1/14/14, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
From the time I have been on here Jeff or Brian are top notch, I probably would have got mine from one of them if my salesman wasn't a friend, and PA is probably closer than Tennessee.
Old 1/15/14, 08:01 AM
Banned

-'14 Premium Coupe
-401A
-Automatic
-Brembo Package
-Comfort Package
-Shaker Pro

or

-'14 GT Premium Coupe
-401A
-Manual
-Track Pack
-Comfort Pack
-Shaker Pro

useless rear sensing pack? makes precision parking..... precision. I wasn't going to go with it, but my wife insisted. so amazingly glad I did now.

Quick Reply: Tired of incompetent dealers