Old 6/14/10, 10:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three brochures, no winning lottery ticket

Got three today.

1) 2010 Mustang
2) 2010 Escape
3) 2011 Fiesta

Crap offers except the 0% on the Mustang for 60 months... the 2010 Mustang. Not one with the $750 coupon. BUT. . . my regional rep said she'd get me an exception to extend the offer until the car came in.

I only requested a Mustang brochure. Maybe they're sending me alternatives since they won't send me my Mustang. . .
Old 6/14/10, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

I put in for the Mustang one. Mine had some interest rate offers, but nothing even close to what BoA gave me.
Old 6/14/10, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

So far I've got the 10 and 11 mustang brochures, but just crap offers. I've got 4 more on order, about to order 2 more just in case. I try to just reorder 2 every week to be on the safe side.
Old 6/14/10, 11:23 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man this brochure roulette is just silly on the part of Ford. If they are going to offer the coupon they should just post it on the net and allow you to grab it yourself. They are probably wasting so much money on people ordering dozens of brochures. Not very cost effective on their part.
Old 6/14/10, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the same three, sort of. I got a Fusion one instead of the Fiesta. Come on 2011 GT brochure!
Old 6/14/10, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Waste of paper.
Old 6/14/10, 12:43 PM
Cobra Member

I got my 2011GT brochure about 2 weeks ago.
Old 6/15/10, 04:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by emilram11
Man this brochure roulette is just silly on the part of Ford. If they are going to offer the coupon they should just post it on the net and allow you to grab it yourself. They are probably wasting so much money on people ordering dozens of brochures. Not very cost effective on their part.
This coupon is not a public offering! This is designed to be a random mailer certificate. The only reason any of you even know about this is because of some knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum! To blast Ford for giving you the possibility of an extra $750 off is pure crap. This is a gift, not a constitutional right. The average consumer never hears about these things as ALL manufacturers do this. So when they get one, its like a freebie. Or winning the lotto.
Old 6/15/10, 05:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
This coupon is not a public offering! This is designed to be a random mailer certificate. The only reason any of you even know about this is because of some knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum! To blast Ford for giving you the possibility of an extra $750 off is pure crap. This is a gift, not a constitutional right. The average consumer never hears about these things as ALL manufacturers do this. So when they get one, its like a freebie. Or winning the lotto.
Hey Torr, I think that's why I used the subject line I did. . . just sayin' . . .

This isn't new, BTW. Ford has been giving out private offers for years. I knew if I got on an updated mailing list I'd probably get one. I expected $500. Got $750. Bonus.

Now if I could just get that 0% back . . .
Old 6/15/10, 05:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
This coupon is not a public offering! This is designed to be a random mailer certificate. This is a gift, not a constitutional right. The average consumer never hears about these things as ALL manufacturers do this. So when they get one, its like a freebie. Or winning the lotto.
CD, just call Ford CS and tell them your history of Ford products (if you have a history of Ford products) and ask them-nicely-if they would extend a "private offer" to you. This is what I did, and the $750 came in the mail the next week. It also showed up on my dealer's Ford system.
Old 6/15/10, 05:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Maxhenry
CD, just call Ford CS and tell them your history of Ford products (if you have a history of Ford products) and ask them-nicely-if they would extend a "private offer" to you. This is what I did, and the $750 came in the mail the next week. It also showed up on my dealer's Ford system.
They're already extending the $750 for my "troubles" (and I'm a long time Ford customer having seemingly purchased one of each car class since 1994.)

I'm not sure they'd do the same for the 0%.
Old 6/15/10, 07:11 AM

There's still hope. I didn't get it originally and then a week or 2 later got a postcard in the mail (in my wife's name) with the $750 offer. Now if only my car (built 5/14) can make it before the offer expires!
Old 6/15/10, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Someone mentioned on these forums that as long as you sent out for one of the brochures and eventhough you didn't get it in the mail, that all you had to do was mention it at the dealer and they would check the data base to confirm and would validate the 750 discount.. brochure or not. Was this a false statement?
Old 6/15/10, 07:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 28.
Someone mentioned on these forums that as long as you sent out for one of the brochures and eventhough you didn't get it in the mail, that all you had to do was mention it at the dealer and they would check the data base to confirm and would validate the 750 discount.. brochure or not. Was this a false statement?
Yup, your salesman should be able to look up if you have a private offer available. I've signed up a number of times in the past few days for brochures. I plan on emailing my salesman in the next week or two to make sure I got one. My car should be here in three weeks so I'm cutting it close.
Old 6/15/10, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tmclaugh
Yup, your salesman should be able to look up if you have a private offer available. I've signed up a number of times in the past few days for brochures. I plan on emailing my salesman in the next week or two to make sure I got one. My car should be here in three weeks so I'm cutting it close.
I thought I was cutting it close, also, back on May 4th, when my car was suppose to arrive. I hadn't gotten a $750 coupon yet, but checked CS and found out I was in the system for one. Since then, I've gotten 3 brouchures, all with the $750 coupon.....but no car yet. The latest expires July 24th, wonder if I'll have the car by then?

I ordered a vert, just for kicks I checked inventory at a couple of Atlanta dealers. One has TWELVE '11 CONVERTIBLES in stock, I checked their VINs, and ALL of them were built at least SIX weeks AFTER mine.
Old 6/15/10, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CG205
I thought I was cutting it close, also, back on May 4th, when my car was suppose to arrive. I hadn't gotten a $750 coupon yet, but checked CS and found out I was in the system for one. Since then, I've gotten 3 brouchures, all with the $750 coupon.....but no car yet. The latest expires July 24th, wonder if I'll have the car by then?

I ordered a vert, just for kicks I checked inventory at a couple of Atlanta dealers. One has TWELVE '11 CONVERTIBLES in stock, I checked their VINs, and ALL of them were built at least SIX weeks AFTER mine.
I heard they're actually good in the VINCENT system until Sept 1.
Old 6/15/10, 08:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by csledd
I heard they're actually good in the VINCENT system until Sept 1.
Just got the phone with Ford CS. She said that regardless of what I have heard before, that 2011 GTs would not be released for shipment until late July.
Old 6/15/10, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just got the phone with Ford CS. She said that regardless of what I have heard before, that 2011 GTs would not be released for shipment until late July.
Not a single one? So we shouldn't see anyone posting "JUST GOT MY GT LOLOLOLOL"
Old 6/15/10, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

So much for the "Available this spring" that they've been putting in their advertisements.
Old 6/15/10, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Hey Torr, I think that's why I used the subject line I did. . . just sayin' . . .

This isn't new, BTW. Ford has been giving out private offers for years. I knew if I got on an updated mailing list I'd probably get one. I expected $500. Got $750. Bonus.

Now if I could just get that 0% back . . .
I saw it Jerry, but I wasn't referring to you or anyone specifically. This time.
As far as 0% goes, do the math. 0% for 36 months versus best rate at lender PLUS any retail rebates for 36 mos. Can't be that great of a difference for such a short term.

Quick Reply: Three brochures, no winning lottery ticket