Sponsored By:

For those who still want a 2011..Decide QUICK

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/10, 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who still want a 2011..Decide QUICK

Hey guys,

Well I finally pulled the trigger on my car...I went into 2 differant dealerships today...first one I walked out of feeling as though they scammed me..so I went to another one, and placed my order there. The first dealership did not wnat to order me a 2011, saying that they could not order anymore...but I believe they just didn't want to sell it to me due to them wanting to order a 2012 instead so i'd lose out on the deals being offered.

I went to the other local dealer and they were happy to order me a 2011, yet tomorrow is the final day they can submit orders for 2011 vehicals, because their rep came in and told them their last day was tomorrow. To make sure I got what I wanted I submitted my order:

2011 Mustang GT Vert, Sterling Grey with Saddle Interior

So if anyone is still thinking about ordering a 2011 to take advantage of the deals going on right now...get to your dealer quick as they soon will not be taking orders for 11's anymore

by the way im in Canada, so i don't know if it'll be diff in the states

Im looking forward to learning more about the car on this forum!
Old 10/27/10, 09:08 PM
V6 Member

First dealer didnt have any allocation left for 2011.....Hence no point taking your order

Hopefully your second dealer actually has allocation to get car built....In Alberta,the dealers I checked with didnt have any allocation left for 2011 builds...And it has been this way for the past month...Since I started looking

Some of the Calgary area dealers hadnt had any allocation for several months...

If your dealer took your order w/o having the allocation,your car wont get built.

Some dealers will take orders,knowing they dont have the allocation,and then approach Ford ,saying they have sold orders...hoping Ford will come through...although usually all that happens is that the customers are eventually told they wont be getting their cars...
Old 10/27/10, 09:17 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a bunch of garbage from both dealers. Maybe Canada is different...
Old 10/27/10, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Im pretty sure they had the allocation for it, he showed me the allocation sheet and told me if I wanted it, I should order it now. The owner of the dealership was the one who submitted my order so i`m sure he wouldn`t do it otherwise, and after hearing sterling grey wouldn't be offered in 2012, I had to get my order in to make sure I got it in that colour
Old 10/27/10, 09:21 PM
V6 Member

where are you located?
Old 10/27/10, 09:24 PM
V6 Member

Totally different...We get the leftovers ,even though most Americans have no money...
Old 10/27/10, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

im in Ontario, its true, we don`t get much allocated to us mustang wise, but if you walk in and order an escape..you won`t have an issue trying to get one
Old 10/28/10, 06:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kws6000
Totally different...We get the leftovers ,even though most Americans have no money...
Right...MOST Americans have no money. Try living somewhere that matters.
Old 10/28/10, 07:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SVTJayC
You don't have to be a ********.

Not that I agree with the "most" part, reality is that the recession did hit the US harder than Canada and while the dollar is at par the Mustang GT is a $40G vehicle here (not exactly a budget price, on average $6000 more than the same car in the US) and there are next to NONE available. I have access to some of the allocation numbers, and allocation was diverted from some of Canada's areas for the US and yet there are areas in the US with a fair amount of GTs on the dealer's lots.

I personally know 3 Mustang buyers that had to cancel their 2011 orders because there is no allocation.

These are the facts.
Old 10/28/10, 08:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Sure we do! We just borrow it whenever we need it; if we can't pay it back that's no problem, we just default or declare bankruptcy.

Beware -- you get the incentives that are in effect at the time of delivery; it really doesn't matter what is in effect at the time of the order. (or at least that's the way it works in the states) So -- if you rushed the order to get the incentives that are in effect today, that might not work out the way you had in mind.
Old 10/28/10, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

the incentives were delivery allowance of $4500, costco membership $1000 discount, and ford financing $1000 discount

plus I got Z plan since my father is a retired ford employee

they told me as long as i ordered it, i'd get the incentives

theres no GT's on any dealer lots in my town either, they're very hard to find...they even said i'd most likely have to order since it's impossible to get the GT's from other dealers as well since they are such a hot seller

Last edited by LLZuB; 10/28/10 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10/28/10, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 10/28/10, 12:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Try living somewhere that matters.
hahahahahah....
Old 10/28/10, 12:28 PM
V6 Member

Actually, I do....

Gee,which country has the foreclosure mess because of people being unable to make payments?.....and which country has people who whine and cry because they cant afford gas when it gets higher than $3/gal?
Old 10/28/10, 01:20 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually, I do....

Gee,which country has the foreclosure mess because of people being unable to make payments?.....and which country has people who whine and cry because they cant afford gas when it gets higher than $3/gal?
For a country that had a subpar loonie for most of my life, who needed NAFTA to grow their economy, needed outside investors to develop their oil, who makes billions off the US' $14 TRILLION dollar economy as its largest trading partner, you sure dis loudly.

And if you knew anything about currencies, you'd know the loonie hasn't risen because of Canada, its because the US dollar has sunk due to our current pickle - which will be turned around in due time as we have numerous times before. Then US interest rates will rise back to normal and the loonie will sink again.

Make no mistake. I love Canada. BC & Banff are favorite places since '76 and I have always been treated great and with respect (when I'm spending my tourist dollar). But my good friend who moved to French Canada about 5 years ago to get married and became a dual citizen, says it is unbelievable the prejudice against Americans and the constant digs he gets/hears on the job.

If you're so great on your own, cancel NAFTA, send the US money & jobs back, start paying for your own defense, and live your life on your gravity defying taxes and your paultry $1.2 trillion GDP. That way you won't need to demonize Americans at every turn. Oh yeah, and send your Ford Mustangs back. And remember to bow to your Queen Lizzy II.

Shame on you. ***** envy?

I say knock it off and lets be North American brothers rather than create a rivalry (that you cannot possibly win).

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/28/10 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10/28/10, 01:22 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Let's knock it off with the Canada vs. USA comments or thread will close.
Old 10/28/10, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Back on topic

I put my order in last week just so we can get the sterling grey- didnt want to risk waiting another week incase they brought the hammer down.

hurry up and order your '11 while you can boys!
Old 10/28/10, 01:29 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c
Back on topic

I put my order in last week just so we can get the sterling grey- didnt want to risk waiting another week incase they brought the hammer down.

hurry up and order your '11 while you can boys!
I don't understand - why wouldn't Ford send Canada (or any other Country) all they can sell?
Old 10/28/10, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cdynaco
For a country that had a subpar loonie for most of my life, who needed NAFTA to grow their economy, needed outside investors to develop their oil, who makes billions off the US' $14 TRILLION dollar economy as its largest trading partner, you sure dis loudly

And if you knew anything about currencies, you'd know the loonie hasn't risen because of Canada, its because the US dollar has sunk...
I'm a dual citizen. So I love both countries.

But you have the NAFTA thing ***-backwards.

The only one to really benefit from NAFTA was Mexico, and US and Canadian Companies that produce there, but not Canada. "Give us our jobs back?" With the dollar at par, higher taxes and regulation it's in most cases MORE expensive to produce here.

So enough dick measuring and let's get back to the topic at hand.
Old 10/28/10, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I don't understand - why wouldn't Ford send Canada (or any other Country) all they can sell?
im confused by what you wrote....did you mean to quote someone else by chance?

Quick Reply: For those who still want a 2011..Decide QUICK