Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thank you Ford, for getting these cars shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/10, 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Thank you Ford, for getting these cars shipping!

I think it's time for some thanks to whoever lit the fire under Ford's rearend and got these 2011 Mustangs cleared out. Most of you guys will have received your cars by the end of the month and the long wait will be over. Here's to your new rides! Enjoy them and may they be problem-free for the remainder of your ownership experience. It's been a rough ride, and even though I won't be joining you in new Mustang ownership just yet, I'm happy for you guys (and gals Christie and and Antigini) and hope everything works out for you.

Here's to one of the longest running nameplates in automotive history, and one of the best Mustangs ever!

And for our friendly neighboUrs to the North
Old 6/17/10, 06:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, I saw yesterday that sombody who ordered theirs two weeks after mine was already built just got their Mustang while I'm still waiting for mine.

Thanks FORD!
Old 6/17/10, 06:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I know I know but it will be there soon. Hang in there!
Old 6/17/10, 06:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol, my saga is so ridiculous it's funny...

Test drove a Camaro last week, agreed to buy it... told the dealer to fax the bill of sale to my credit union -still not faxed over
people must not want to sell me cars or somethin'
Old 6/17/10, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Kahdir

Test drove a Camaro last week, agreed to buy it... told the dealer to fax the bill of sale to my credit union -still not faxed over
It's the curse, it's the curse!
Old 6/17/10, 07:29 PM
Banned

I sabotaged the fax machines at Citadel Fed and Benchmark Fed to try to save you from yourself.
Did it work?

Old 6/17/10, 07:43 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
I sabotaged the fax machines at Citadel Fed and Benchmark Fed to try to save you from yourself.
Did it work?

It did. Can you tell them to stop? I'm running out of paper!

Old 6/17/10, 07:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Um, thanks, Ford.... for FINALLY fixing and shipping out all the Mustangs. You DID fix them, right? This isn't a 2nd quarter rush to numbers, right??? Right???

Oh, and thanks for making Kona Blue.
Old 6/17/10, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Arrow

I know what you mean...

I'm actually a converted Chevy fan who was only looking to swoop in on a leftover '10 SS (already approved for a loan before I walked in) -- Regional Chevy dealers were such merciless ballbreakers that they were essentially forcing me to walk out and buy a competitor's car...

For starters, no one would even let me test drive without first signing some agreement to buy the car, like it was a one-off Aston Martin or something (I went to six major local dealers and they all said the same thing)...My favorite line: "Well, we're only going to get a fixed number of these, so we can't have too many people putting miles on 'em." Salesman told me that with a straight face when I just counted THIRTY Camaros lined up on the front row (I reported those clowns to customer service, who did nothing)...

One dealer finally let me drive on like my fourth visit since we'd been going back-and-forth on the numbers and the salesman assumed I was happier with the price than I really was...

Secondly, neither that dealer nor any others would budge more than a couple hundred on MSRP -- They only acted like they were doing me a huge favor by dropping the $2,999 market adjustment...

The funny part is until a few months ago, I never would have considered a Mustang -- I was that guy still cracking lame jokes about the live axle and wheezy 4.6...Now I'm on the 'other' side, and I like the view much better from here...
Old 6/17/10, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I guess whoever's in charge of releasing my car didn't get the memo, built 4/14, as of today no update since 6/6/10, still offsite.
Old 6/17/10, 11:49 PM
GT Member

Tyrrell, im also a past Camaro owner, IROCs, Lt1s, and Ls1. I looked really hard at the 2010 Camaro in town Its looks really nice. However, i would get the Mustang. The car will handle better, faster, and the inside is better. I would look at and drive a 2011 GT. Then if you want the Camaro, then go for it! One thing also, coming from a 328 BMW. I just didnt want a fast car, i want a car that would handle also! Now if i can get Ford to ship mine! Ronn
Old 6/17/10, 11:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I didn't expect all the Chevy guys in here, but hey you're all welcome here! The Lakers just got another title and I'm in a good mood!!
Old 6/18/10, 12:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Well I didn't expect all the Chevy guys in here, but hey you're all welcome here! The Lakers just got another title and I'm in a good mood!!
Shouldn't you be a Kings fan?

Ever since MJ retired, the game just bores me.
Old 6/18/10, 01:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha actually I should be a Warriors fan, but my uncles grew up Lakers fans, and just drew me in. I admit I haven't been too in to the NBA since I stopped playing bball in HS, but this year something just clicked and I was there with my uncles and cousins cheering 'em on!
Old 6/18/10, 01:42 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyrrell-Ford P34
The funny part is until a few months ago, I never would have considered a Mustang -- I was that guy still cracking lame jokes about the live axle and wheezy 4.6...Now I'm on the 'other' side, and I like the view much better from here...
Welcome friend!

It IS amazing just how many people are in the "sales prevention departments" of the modern corporation. duh!

In my many years of sales most of my battles were not with the competition - I had the better products at fairly reasonable (but higher) price point - but my battles were keeping my big boss and corporate policy from blocking sales and losing customers. Dweeb desk jockeys and their college paper that never get out of the office to actually work the streets... there were times I actually yelled at them "just stay out of my way, watch my numbers, and cash the dang checks!" LOL

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/18/10 at 01:44 AM.
Old 6/18/10, 05:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by edumspeed
It's the curse, it's the curse!
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Did it work?

Originally Posted by PTRocks
It did. Can you tell them to stop? I'm running out of paper!

LOL!
Old 6/18/10, 08:03 AM
GT Member

No matter if I get it in the next two weeks or not Ford definitely doesn't deserve anything resembling a thank you for their customer service. If anything I and others deserve an apoligy. They should apoligize to their sales people as well.
Old 6/18/10, 08:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. I've been waiting for months now. I've thought about cancelling my order and I might still do it. I really don't like the way Ford is handling this. You call Customer Service and they don't seem to know anything!

Ford doesn't deserve a "Thank you."

Originally Posted by Centurionusa
No matter if I get it in the next two weeks or not Ford definitely doesn't deserve anything resembling a thank you for their customer service. If anything I and others deserve an apoligy. They should apoligize to their sales people as well.
Old 6/18/10, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

GRACIAS FORD!!!
Old 6/18/10, 08:38 AM
GT Member

I just called to get an update and mine still has not been released. Getting close to 2 months from build. I will be going on vacation getting back on the 7th of July. If it's not in by the time I get back I'm cancelling.