2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Teased by 2 ponies...arrrggggh!

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/13, 06:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Since my "lion sleeps tonight" (winter stored for 2 weeks now), I figured I could withstand the temptation to take it back out again. Took the family out to eat in my TSX, and wouldn't you know it... On the way home, I get passed by 2 stangs. One was a Boss 302, and it sounded oh so good. Another was a white previous gen, that sounded even better. It had to be a pypes exhaust (muffler less) if I were to assume. I caught up to it and peeked in, and he had a triple gauge in it, and I coulda sworn one of them said boost. I thought about waving but with me in my import, I figured they'd think m some ***** wanting to race... Lol. I just listened to them drive off and got jealous.

Either way, that was just torture. It made me miss Marilyn really bad... I mean really really bad. So, to satisfy my craving, I went home and started her up and revved her a few times, then drove her up and down my quiet street a few times... Sorry neighbors! Lol. Took a couple vids... Then back into trickle charger.

But tell you what, even if just for a few minutes... To hear those borlas sing again, to feel that MGW snick in my hands, and to feel that Maggie thrust on my chest... That was priceless. I was in heaven. Hurry up spring 2014. Ugh.

Any others of you like me out there? Stored their cars but are still getting the "itch"?

Attached Thumbnails Teased by 2 ponies...arrrggggh!-image-2355395304.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 11/9/13 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11/9/13, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel the same way when I'm not in the Shelby. At least you got to take her out for a spin tonight.

As for me I am still driving The Mistress on the streets, however the times have been few and far between. Temps are getting colder and those tire don't like it until they get warmed up. As for now, there has been no snow OR salt in my neck of the woods. But I'm not holding my breath. Storage is coming soon. Plus, the deer are coming into rut and I REALLY do not like driving in the dark now. If I can drive her until Thanksgiving I will be satisfied. I just hope that winter will not be as long as it was this past year.

Maybe you can troll around like the rest of us and get your fix online. (but it's not as good as the real thing) Just think of all the time you will have to look up mods this winter? (my husband has the list already) lol
Old 11/10/13, 07:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard about winter, don't think i've see one in Houston......
I usually drive my jeep to work during the week, just to save miles on my '14, it still drives my crazy not driving it everyday. Can't imagine going months without driving it.
Old 11/10/13, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

I feel your pain. I put the '14 away for the winter last weekend. On Monday the '66 comes out of storage to come home for some winter tlc. Can't wait for May to get here!
Old 11/10/13, 10:22 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Someone's got the "itch".
Yeah,....all winters suck.
Old 11/10/13, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, but I can't since I only have comp insurance on it...it's been 2 weeks now....will start it up once and a while but no driving till probablt mid April...gonna be a long 5 months....
Old 11/10/13, 11:55 AM
Banned

I love you, i really do, but.... drive your car... you only get one life, and Mustangs can be restored, maintained and/or replaced. Drive it. I drive mine year round. Granted, I'm in DC now, but if I were still in Wisconsin, I'd still drive it daily.
Old 11/10/13, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in the process of buying my "winter capable" tires for when I get back and have to get to work.
Old 11/10/13, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

All I say: Y'All need to move to Florida! It's in the 80's and we are in full cruise-in and car show season! :-)
Old 11/10/13, 04:42 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 GT
All I say: Y'All need to move to Florida! It's in the 80's and we are in full cruise-in and car show season! :-)
I plan on it. Either there or some place down south.
Great avatar by the way. Got both those stickers on my truck!
Old 11/11/13, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Any others of you like me out there? Stored their cars but are still getting the "itch"?
I know that feeling, or rather 'I'll know that feeling'. My Shelby just arrived in northern Europe and will make its way down to me within the next week or so. By the time she gets here the streets will be covered with snow and thus I won't be able to take her for a spin.

The only good thing is that since it's about half/half I got myself a neat toy for the Winter as well.

I am excited for Spring though
Old 11/11/13, 05:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I love you, i really do, but.... drive your car... you only get one life, and Mustangs can be restored, maintained and/or replaced. Drive it. I drive mine year round. Granted, I'm in DC now, but if I were still in Wisconsin, I'd still drive it daily.
Amen. This could not be said any better, even the quote from the late great Carroll Shelby:

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
Old 11/11/13, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Year round driving in PA here, just got her winter blizzaks on last week with 2 50lb. bags of quikrete double-wrapped in garbage bags in the trunk. She's all ready to go sledding!
Old 11/11/13, 09:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry to hear about that Barton... spend ur Zen time giving Marilyn XOXO
Old 11/11/13, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yup! I was seriously considering getting a beater this past August, but changed my mind. I'm driving my Mach 1. I'll spray the underside and wheel wells daily if need to settle my corrosion worries. I would be so upset if something happened where I couldn't drive my car anymore. Besides, snow driving is fun.
Old 11/11/13, 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Azure
Besides, snow driving is fun.
That is why I have a truck!

Not planning on selling the 85' Ford F150 or the Shelby, ever. They will stay in the garage and look pretty. As, these vehicles are not our daily drivers. (I'm kind of feeling proud that I can say that)

I drove my 94' t-bird through the Wisconsin winter when I was 17. I had snow tires. I'll keep the truck. lol
Old 11/11/13, 04:16 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Thanks for info folks. It's nice to know I'm not the only one slated for a LONG winter.

Yeah, I understand... For me, I just can't fathom doing that tho. Just me, I know... It's a sickness. Lol. That's ok. I have my winter and rain "beater" for all adverse weather driving. My toy cars have always never and will never see rain or snow. Why? Eh, just because... I think it's a "detailer's disease.

Originally Posted by CiniZter
sorry to hear about that Burton... spend ur Zen time giving Marilyn XOXO
Shiaz I corrected the type o above

But yeah winter time will be researching about what rims and tires to get in spring. Speaking of which... I need to start my winter hibernation thread.
Old 11/11/13, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's starting to look like the thread Burton.
I'll be driving the beater tomorrow since it'll be below freezing tomorrow morning. Sad, very sad.
Old 11/12/13, 04:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep those garage queens pristeen....I'll be in the market very soon. Mine is getting very close to the 100K mark.