Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync-Texting-Verizon???

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/10, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sync-Texting-Verizon???

I drove a 2011 V6 premium manual. I was very very impressed by the performance. Even without the performance package, it was really fun to drive and surprisingly quick. It felt solid as hell!!!

My only qualm was that the sync system would not read the text from my blackberry storm. A little looking around I have found other sites where people have conjectured that Verizon has disallowed this function. Does anyone here know anything about that???
Old 6/19/10, 09:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey dude, its due to the phone not being compatible. That is like that with A LOT of phones. I deal with all the SYNC issues at work & I have only seen one phone capable of transmitting texts via SYNC. On Syncmyride.com and in the Best Buy mobile catalog, They list the three levels of phone compatibility..gold, silver and bronze. Your phone is most likely a silver as most phones are. My Droid Incredible won't transmit texts either nor will my girlfriend's Nexus One.
Old 6/19/10, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That you for the info Jeff. Here is the complete compatibility chart from syncmyride.com.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SYNC Compatibility.pdf (499.0 KB, 408 views)
Old 6/20/10, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey dude, its due to the phone not being compatible. That is like that with A LOT of phones. I deal with all the SYNC issues at work & I have only seen one phone capable of transmitting texts via SYNC. On Syncmyride.com and in the Best Buy mobile catalog, They list the three levels of phone compatibility..gold, silver and bronze. Your phone is most likely a silver as most phones are. My Droid Incredible won't transmit texts either nor will my girlfriend's Nexus One.
It's odd that a phone as popular as the blackberry storm would not be compatible. Further the droid, another really popular phone is a no go. Does anyone have a verion phone that is compatible? But thanks for the intel. I will go to syncmyride.com and see what's fully functional.
Old 6/20/10, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Wow, just went to syncmyride.com to see what phones would do text to speech. Only 3 verizon phones and none are particularly great performers. Amazing how few top of the line phones really perform with the sync system. C'est domage.
Old 6/20/10, 04:47 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

the text over bluetooth is locked down by the phone handset manufacturer.

Send RIM a note about it.......................
Old 6/20/10, 05:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by eric n
Wow, just went to syncmyride.com to see what phones would do text to speech. Only 3 verizon phones and none are particularly great performers. Amazing how few top of the line phones really perform with the sync system. C'est domage.
I have an LG Rumor 2 with Sprint which isn't listed though some googling says it should work. The list probably needs some updating.