2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

St. Louis Auto Show?

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/12, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Louis Auto Show?

According to the St. Louis Auto Show website the show there started Thursday, January 26, and goes through the weekend. Anybody been to the show yet? Wondering if they have any 2013 Mustangs at the show and what models/colors they have. Might make the trip from Indy if they do.

Thanks.
Old 1/27/12, 07:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would assume so. I'm hoping they do at the Chicago show in a couple weeks.
Old 1/27/12, 08:09 PM

im going tomorrow morning ill post up some pics of the 13 GT since im pretty certain I am going to buy one very soon.. the dealer hasnt got pricing yet... but i still havent drove a 2011+ mustang for a test drive.. i dont want to buy it without driving one lol
Old 1/27/12, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by lhunter1130
im going tomorrow morning ill post up some pics of the 13 GT since im pretty certain I am going to buy one very soon.. the dealer hasnt got pricing yet... but i still havent drove a 2011+ mustang for a test drive.. i dont want to buy it without driving one lol
Sounds good. I was disappointed in the Indy show. We only had one 2013....a grabber blue Boss. All the rest of the stangs were 2012 models. The Boss was beautiful but I was hoping to see a '13 GT and/or get a look at the new Deep Impact Blue color. Hope you have better luck in St. Louis .
Old 1/28/12, 12:00 PM

WOW NO ONE GO TO THE STL AUTO SHOW...What a waste of money.. they had 1 2013 GT base mustang on the floor.. it was the only ford car that they wouldnt let you open the doors.. i asked the show person if it was just accidentlly locked and i would like to see inside.. and she acted like i was an *******.. oh no these arent even made yet she said.. i go funny i could go order one today if i wanted.. the crap of it is they were letting people climb all in and over a 42K CS edition.. and wont let you open the doors of a 30K... lame.. the show in general sucked.. all cheep fuel efficient cars.. RX8 is discontinued and toyota no longer has anything sporty... they let you climb in a srt8 challenger.. that was nice and the super bee but its auto.. i have some pics, but its just red 2013 and the front looks much nicer in person
Old 1/28/12, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by lhunter1130
WOW NO ONE GO TO THE STL AUTO SHOW...What a waste of money.. they had 1 2013 GT base mustang on the floor.. it was the only ford car that they wouldnt let you open the doors..
Thanks for the info. Weird that they won't let you see inside. What's the use of a show if you can't see ?

Glad I didn't make the 8 hour round trip from Indy. Guess I'll have to wait for the Chicago show. I assume they will have more '13s there.
Old 1/28/12, 02:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

They didn't want anyone to steal the shift **** and radio buttons lol.
Old 1/28/12, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

Those 2013 Mustangs being shown aren't production models, they are prototypes. I've gone to the Chicago Auto Show over a dozen times and they never let you sit in prototypes. You're not going to be able to sit in a 2013 Fusion or Escape, either.
Old 1/30/12, 09:54 AM
V6 Member

Posted this in the DC thread before I saw this one:

Went to the St. Louis auto show on Saturday. They had ONE 2013 GT there...no write up, no nothing. Just a little typed note on the window that said.."Pre-production 2013. Available spring 2012". Locked up. Lights/power not on so couldn't even see the tail lights.

There were 2012's there in GT, V6, and V6 vert. No Boss, no Shelby, nothing else.

Was disappointed.

There was a "Mustang Corrall" with about 20 RTR customized stangs. They all appeared to be 2010-2012's. I was underwhelmed.

Our 2011 V6 vert is my wife's daily driver. It looked better than any Mustang they had on the floor. I don't like they way the front of the 2013 hood lines up with the grill near the headlights. Leaves a gap there.

The new Fusion Titanium looks sweet though! But again..it was on a rotating pedastal so you can't get close to it.

We sat in the Challenger. Wife really liked it. She said it has a "lot" more room than the Mustang. I didn't there was that much difference but she seemed to think so. They did have the seat all the way back and the power off so couldn't adjust it. There was a lot of slick plastic inside the Challenger that seems like would get scratched up easily..but I admit it looked pretty nice.
Old 1/30/12, 10:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Clue

We sat in the Challenger. Wife really liked it. She said it has a "lot" more room than the Mustang. I didn't there was that much difference but she seemed to think so. They did have the seat all the way back and the power off so couldn't adjust it. There was a lot of slick plastic inside the Challenger that seems like would get scratched up easily..but I admit it looked pretty nice.
My wife actually prefers the Challenger to the Mustang, but isn't nearly as opinionated about it as I am. I will say that if I had to choose something other than a Mustang, I'd drive a Challenger. They still look like their original namesakes. The Camaro just doesn't. If I want IRS, there are a hell of a lot better looking, driving and feeling cars I can go with than that thing.
Old 1/30/12, 10:46 AM
V6 Member

I really like the Challenger too..but think I could only go with a Hemi. The back end seems huge though. I've been in a few Camaros and...just doesn't do it for me. Windows are like slits. Hate the gauges. I heard one guy sitting in the Camaro make a comment..."guess I don't need to know how fast I'm going below 45mph".
Old 1/30/12, 10:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Clue
I really like the Challenger too..but think I could only go with a Hemi. The back end seems huge though.
Agree.
Old 1/30/12, 08:19 PM

yes the obvious fact that STL sucks.. and the rest of the world thinks so as well.. we never get anything.. also whats the deal with cars in the stl area being far higher than other parts of the us... its centrally located and everything is easy to get here.. makes no since.. maybe give us good prices on new cars. well sell you beer lol side note.. yes the show sucked very bad.. and the ford reps there were exceeding rude to me.. sorry i look young but im 27 and make 75k a year with no kids or wife bills... im pretty certain i can buy whatever i want within reason
Old 1/30/12, 09:11 PM
Cobra R Member

I have to wait till April for the NY Auto Show, by then ill be able to sit in one and probably see the final version but they will probably be old news by then