Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

SPECIAL: FRPP GT-500 Mufflers $285+Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/10, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdpstang
For those who have been watching this thread, and possibly considering this mod...I say two thumbs up. I stopped by Rehagen today and met up with Shaun to have the GT 500's put on. First and foremost, you couldn't ask for a nicer guy than Shaun. Had a great time chatting with him, and he clearly knows what he's talking about. Secondly, Rehagen's shop is ridiculous. So many truly bada$$ Mustangs...tons of cool stuff. And last but not least, the mufflers.

These things are awesome. I could not be happier with the sound. Definitely more throaty than stock. All around, it's a deeper, richer tone. Precisely what this car should've sounded like from the factory. Absolutely no drone. These fit my bill perfectly, not only in price, but in sound. I, like many of you, have been back and forth about different systems. I was looking at Roush, Ford Racing Sports/Borla Stingers, Corsa...etc. All those systems just sounded too high pitched and raspy for me. I like a loud exhaust, but that's just not what I wanted for this car. As I said...couldn't be happier!

I snapped a quick video with my iPhone. It was shot in a parking garage, and on a phone...so it's not the best quality, but it's something. Video can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAWzsYRoUOo

Really hope those of you out there considering this exhaust get in touch with Shaun. The mufflers are great and it feels really good to have supported a great vendor to this community!

Thanks for the video! There aren't enough of them out there for these mufflers! I ordered mine (from another vendor) and got them delivered earlier this week and I am getting them installed by my Ford dealer tomorrow morning. After listening to your video I can't WAIT to get them on. That sound is exactly what I want!
Old 11/19/10, 01:29 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by fossy207
Thanks for the video! There aren't enough of them out there for these mufflers! I ordered mine (from another vendor) and got them delivered earlier this week and I am getting them installed by my Ford dealer tomorrow morning. After listening to your video I can't WAIT to get them on. That sound is exactly what I want!
could you post a review in here after you get them installed about what you think?
Old 11/19/10, 07:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
could you post a review in here after you get them installed about what you think?

Review posted here:
https://themustangsource.com/f726/gt...2/#post5976554
Old 11/19/10, 11:40 AM
V6 Member

Looking to get my set installed and wanted to know more or less what is a good price to pay for the install? Should I take it to Ford or a local shop? Thanks...
Old 11/19/10, 12:29 PM
GT Member

I took it to Ford and they charged me 1 hour labor, $100. Note, it took them 20 minutes to do the install, but I took it there because I knew they wouldn't mess anything up, and because this way the work and parts are all still covered under warranty.
Old 11/19/10, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fossy207
I took it to Ford and they charged me 1 hour labor, $100. Note, it took them 20 minutes to do the install, but I took it there because I knew they wouldn't mess anything up, and because this way the work and parts are all still covered under warranty.
Thanks...makes sense considering the warranty.
Old 11/24/10, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine arrived yesterday!!! This was a little earlier than I expected. Thanks Shaun. Took them in a 8:00 AM picked them up at 9:00 AM. They sound really nice from inside. Now I've got to talk the wife into doing an aggressive drive by. She tends to drive very passively.
Old 11/24/10, 01:15 PM
V6 Member

Mine also arrived yesterday! Shaun does it again, thank you.

Unfortunately, I screwed up my knee right after I got the package into the house. Looks like it might take a couple of days before I can install these beauties.
Old 11/25/10, 07:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eric n
Mine arrived yesterday!!! This was a little earlier than I expected. Thanks Shaun. Took them in a 8:00 AM picked them up at 9:00 AM. They sound really nice from inside. Now I've got to talk the wife into doing an aggressive drive by. She tends to drive very passively.
Glad you are liking them Eric. Let me/us know how you are liking them after you've put a few miles on them. Other than at idle, they've turned what used to be a weak point into a strength for my car, and I like them more each day.