2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Sonic Blue Update

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/11, 11:18 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonic Blue Update

Guys and Gals,

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but I have been browsing and have seen mentions of Sonic Blue returning to the Mustang color scheme. I haven't seen any updates about this since early May. Does anyone have any insight on this? Like, is it still going to be available? If so, when it will officially be available? Or when could we possibly start seeing Sonic Blue Mustangs on dealer lots?

Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 7/22/11, 05:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest, I'm not sure anybody knows. The most recent Ford paint balanceout plan that was posted on 7/8 no longer has Sonic Blue listed. This is probably because Kona Blue has been extended till December. If you notice the other vehicles that used Kona Blue balanced out. My guess is Kona Blue is really popular on the Mustang so they focused on giving it what's left. Originally it said KB would only go till July/August then Sonic Blue would replace it. Now it's no longer listed as a replacement color for the Mustang but still is for the Focus.

So what I think is no Sonic Blue for the Mustang this year as they have enough Kona Blue for what they feel is a big chunk of the model year. Now, it could still show up as some people mentioned it was in the order bank for dealers already. But I think Ford could just cancel those orders if anyone made one. Also, maybe Sonic Blue could still make a return for the 2013 MY, my only concern there is I know Ford likes to move forward with new colors rather than reuse older ones. I feel for you as I LOVED Sonic Blue when it was around but I wasn't able to get my Mustang till the 2006 year which had Vista Blue instead. It's also nice but I prefer Sonic. So we'll see what happens! It's all hearsay at this point!

Here's the link to the paint balance out reports too, I'd recommend checking it now and then for paint updates:

http://www.donlen.com/fleet-manageme...uncements.aspx