2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Sirius service for base v6

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/13, 09:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sirius service for base v6

I have read a few forums concerning this. I know that the dealership cost is $600.00 to have the system installed in my 2014 Mustang base v6. But what other alternatives are there? Will it work using my "siruis button" on the dash? I am also not a "I-socilistic Phone" user, more of a Free Android type. I have noticed the I-simple kits, as how hard are they to do yourself?

Any input would be great.....

Thank you
Old 8/30/13, 11:54 AM

I simple kit is great. Not a bad install. Worse case give an audio shop $50 to install
Old 8/31/13, 07:07 AM
GT Member

Ok....I was wondering if it is hard to install or not. Does the harness in the back of the car will it support the plug in's for antenna and sirius back there???
Old 9/1/13, 08:48 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bentnail
Ok....I was wondering if it is hard to install or not. Does the harness in the back of the car will it support the plug in's for antenna and sirius back there???
That kit comes with an antenna of its own but you will have to run the wiring yourself, that part won't hookup to the oem harness.

Were it me, I would mount the sirius antenna on the cowl behind the hood, will be unobtrusive there and you won't have to remove any interior parts to run the cable.
Old 9/4/13, 01:39 PM
GT Member

I wondered that....I had read that someone else did that....I look at the space there and it looks big enough for it. I still hash over paying the dealership to install satelite or going with the I-Simple setup instead....Everyting will mount under the dash then and run the cabling for the antenna thru firewall to that area then.
Old 9/4/13, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You can actually mount the satellite antenna under the dash pad. Plastic, vinyl and glass have no appreciable impact on satellite reception. Just make sure there is no metal between the antenna and the sky. It also works better with a ground plane (a metal surface to mount on) although it will work without one. If choosing between left and right side of the dash, always go with the left side since the side closest to the middle of the street is less likely to be overshadowed by trees or buildings.
Old 9/4/13, 07:52 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bentnail
I wondered that....I had read that someone else did that....I look at the space there and it looks big enough for it. I still hash over paying the dealership to install satelite or going with the I-Simple setup instead....Everyting will mount under the dash then and run the cabling for the antenna thru firewall to that area then.
I'd do the i-sirius, they even have a module that will give you bluetooth as well so you can stream off your phone as well as hands free phone use.
Old 9/5/13, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I installed the iSimple Gateway and SCC1 tuner, it's super easy. Also allows you to add a second input (iPod cable, Bluetooth, etc).

I placed the antenna on the pass. side corner of the dash pad, just because it was easy. Occasionally the sat does cut out when driving on a road with a lot of tree cover, so there may be better places to mount it. The cowl area or under the rear window might be a better choice. I just refuse to stick that thing on an exterior painted surface like they want you to, I'll put up with some bad reception before I'll do that.
Old 9/6/13, 10:42 AM
GT Member

Thank you all for the input.....I have been looking at the I-Simple setup...>I have full sync and my bluetoothing works great for mobile applications such as Iheart Radio and Slacker....but that is data on the phone and sometime in bad coverage it isnt any good. Does anyone have any links to installation of the units?? I am guessing in the front part of the dash is where to place it. And then about a ground plane, i could fabricate a ground plane that is grounded to chassis if that makes it better.

Thank you again