Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/11, 08:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!

On January 22nd, I went to a local FORD dealership and put a $500 deposit on a 2012 loaded GT 5.0. I was told if I ordered before the end of the month, I would receive an additional $1,500 in rebates that FORD was currently offering on the mustang. On top of that I was told it would take 6-8 weeks for the new car to be delivered.

About a week after putting the deposit on the car, my dealer called and gave me the DORA #. At this point he said everything was moving quicker than expected and that my car would be quicker than the 6 weeks. At the time I still had my previous car and drastically cut the price I was asking for it in order to move it quickly to make room for the new 5.0 which was supposed to be in now in 5 weeks or less.

I sold my other car in mid to late February (about 2 weeks before the 5.0 should have arrived according to the dealer telling me I could expect the car quicker than we originally thought). I call the dealer after the sale of my other car to get an update and to discuss a time to come in and fill out financing paper work, etc. to make for a smooth and quick pickup the day the 5.0 arrives. He tells me at this time that we are looking at at least 12+ weeks from this point making for a mid May - early June arrival date.

Naturally, I was PISSED! On top of that, the rebates that I was promised and which were also the determining factor in my decision to place the order in January instead of waiting were no longer valid because they only applied to 2011 models, not 2012 models. The sales manager at the dealership who used the rebates as a lure to get me to put money down was now backing away from her promise with the excuse that at the time I ordered the car, she did not know that I ordered a 2012. She thought I was ordering a 2011. (Side note: what kind of sales manager of one of the largest dealerships in the country doesn't know that the 2012 mustangs have been the only mustang a person could order since sometime in November????).

As of Friday of last week (3/25) there was no news on a scheduled build date or week of build or anything on my order. I've seen some folks on here who placed orders in February get their scheduled build dates, but still nothing on my car.

So last week I checked online to see what other sorts of cars were out there for sale to see if maybe I could find a 2011 with the color/options I wanted. Preferably SG with red interior and navigation, 3.73, HID's, security package, review camera......pretty much loaded. Couldn't find anything...........

But, I did find this......
Attached Thumbnails SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-p1020135.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use2.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use3.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use4.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use5.jpg  

SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use6.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use7.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use8.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use9.jpg   SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!-use10.jpg  

Last edited by 2012 Black 5.0; 3/28/11 at 08:47 PM.
Old 3/28/11, 08:36 PM

Good things come to those that wait..beautiful
Old 3/28/11, 08:36 PM
GT Member

****!!! Sick man. I got tired of waiting too and picked up an 11 5.0. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Looks like you made out . Now throw a tune, pulley, exhaust, and some drag radials on that thing and go run some 10s! Congrats.
Old 3/28/11, 08:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, you just gotta wait. Thats how it is every year during this time for stangs.
Old 3/28/11, 08:40 PM
V6 Member

Picked up the 2010 Shelby GT500 for less than $2K more than the sticker price of my 5.0. Plus, I got it NOW, no waiting! Plus, it's the best color EVER, Sterling Gray! Plus, it had less than 4,000 miles when I picked her up.

I am absolutely thrilled with this car!!! I'm not even mad at the dealership for all the BS they put me through because if they hadn't, I would not have this amazing machine in my garage right now. Anyone waiting on a 5.0 with a sticker price in the upper $30K-40K range should really check out GT500's. There are some great prices on some really low mileage cars.

This thing is a monster! So powerful!!! I bought this with the intent of using it as a daily driver and that's exactly what I've been doing since I got her. Drives very well, very fun, and wow do people notice this thing coming down the street. Some good attention and some fools out there that really show how shallow some folks are. First day I owned it, I came outside after eating in a restaurant to find someone had spit on driver side window. But for every fool out there who does something stupid there is a person there who compliments me on the car.

Bottom line, truely an amazing car. Very happy with the way things ended up.

Now the only problem I have is that my user name on this site is 2012 Black 5.0

Last edited by 2012 Black 5.0; 3/28/11 at 08:51 PM.
Old 3/28/11, 08:40 PM
GT Member

Sweet car. Sorry you got screwed by the dealership. Either way you would have and did wind up with an awesome ride.
Old 3/28/11, 08:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
First and foremost, congrats on the Shelby. Awesome color and great car.

However, I hope you can understand that your dealer ordered your '12 5.0L in good faith and would have had no idea that Ford would be delaying the '12's ad nauseum. I order all the Mustangs, Shelby's, and SVT's for our dealership and we've only had 3 new '12's arrive even though I have a couple dozen on order - most of which I ordered back in November/December!
Old 3/28/11, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
Picked up the 2010 Shelby GT500 for less than $2K more than the sticker price of my 5.0. Plus, I got it NOW, no waiting! Plus, it's the best color EVER, Sterling Gray! Plus, it had less than 4,000 miles when I picked her up.

I am absolutely thrilled with this car!!! I'm not even mad at the dealership for all the BS they put me through because if they hadn't, I would not have this amazing machine in my garage right now. Anyone waiting on a 5.0 with a sticker price in the upper $30K-40K range should really check out GT500's. There are some great prices on some really low mileage cars.

This thing is a monster! So powerful!!! I bought this with the intent of using it as a daily driver and that's exactly what I've been doing since I got her. Drives very well, very fun, and wow do people notice this thing coming down the street. Some good attention and some fools out there that really show how shallow some folks are. First day I owned it, I came outside after eating in a restaurant to find someone had spit on driver side window. But for every fool out there who does something stupid there is a person there who compliments me on the car.

Bottom line, truely an amazing car. Very happy with the way things ended up.

Now the only problem I have is that my user name on this site is 2012 Black 5.0
Nice score my friend!
Old 3/28/11, 09:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Beautiful. If I hadn't wanted the SVTPP, that would have been the color combo I would have been looking for.
Old 3/28/11, 09:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
First and foremost, congrats on the Shelby. Awesome color and great car.

However, I hope you can understand that your dealer ordered your '12 5.0L in good faith and would have had no idea that Ford would be delaying the '12's ad nauseum. I order all the Mustangs, Shelby's, and SVT's for our dealership and we've only had 3 new '12's arrive even though I have a couple dozen on order - most of which I ordered back in November/December!

I absolutely understand that, but what irritated me was that from the day I walked into the dealership to inquire about these cars, I knew more than the salesman I was dealing with and the sales manager of the dealership. Neither of them knew that the 2011's could not be ordered (keep in mind this was late January). They didn't know you could not order sterling gray for 2012. They told me that black was now tuxedo black. They promised me $1,500 in rebates. They told me after a week (very end of January) that the car would be delivered in less than the 6-8 weeks they were originally thinking it would take. 2012's weren't even being built until what, Feb. 8th or something? My salesman told me to call him each week for an update on the car....he NEVER answers his phone. I would have to leave 2, 3 and sometimes 4 voicemails before he would call back. Then to top it all off, when I asked if we could get the financing and paperwork all finalized (this is when I found out that I wouldn't get the $1,500 in rebates) he swore that he said he informed me that the rebates were only for 2011's and not on the 2012's. He said I must have misunderstood him, but he recalled the conversation vividly and remembers telling me the rebates were for 2011's only! My wife was in the room along with his sales manager (who later admitted during a phone call that they did promise me those rebates and apologized for the mistake) and we all heard that I was supposed to be getting the rebates on the car I ordered.

So it's not so much the delay that bothered me as it was the lack of knowledge about the automobile, the lying, the poor customer service, the list goes on......

Last edited by 2012 Black 5.0; 3/28/11 at 09:09 PM.
Old 3/28/11, 09:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Beautiful. If I hadn't wanted the SVTPP, that would have been the color combo I would have been looking for.

Yeah, the SVTPP is pretty sweet!!! Might do some of the suspension upgrades on my own, but would have been nice to shed the extra weight that the 2011 + lost by going with the aluminum block.

It was easier to sell my wife on the idea of spending a couple extra G's to get a virtually brand new shelby compared to what I was going to drop on the new 5.0. Going for the 2011+ with the SVTPP would have put me in some hot water (financially that is) with the spouse. But I tell you what, you cannot beat the wheels on that SVTPP!!! Those are perhaps the best looking wheels I've ever seen on a mustang!

Last edited by 2012 Black 5.0; 3/28/11 at 09:18 PM.
Old 3/28/11, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Yup, you just gotta wait. Thats how it is every year during this time for stangs.
I ordered in November. Supposedly I have a build date of April 4th, but with so many delays happening, it really might not be until May that I get the car. Come on Ford, not all of us live in the great white north. By May, it will be over 100 every day. It should never ever take from November until May to get a car. There is no excuse for that. It is just a big failure on Ford's part. At least the Mustang is by far the best car around in its class. If the Camaro were not so ridiculously stupid, I would certainly be considering one by now. Just because it is winter for some, the rest of us who have good weather should not be penalized and not be allowed to order a car for our good driving days. Shame on you Ford.
Old 3/28/11, 09:31 PM
Cobra Member

I completely agree travel. But ordering in november for a car that doesn't start production until February isn't really a fair argument. There's three months in there where the order was stagnant.
Old 3/28/11, 09:53 PM
GT Member

you sir are WINNING!!!
Old 3/28/11, 10:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry you were put through the wringer like you
was, that sucks! Have to say you came out OK. Awesome car!!! Did you fervor from the same place?
Old 3/28/11, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
I completely agree travel. But ordering in november for a car that doesn't start production until February isn't really a fair argument. There's three months in there where the order was stagnant.
Yeah, but production was supposed to start in January, around the 17th/18th. There is bound to be a little time between model years, but this much time is just plain nuts. People that ordered 2011s earlier in November got their cars far sooner. Ordering at the end of Nov, and getting it in Feb is a lot different than ordering in Nov, and getting it in May.
Old 3/28/11, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice wheels brother! You made the right choice!!!
Old 3/29/11, 12:08 AM
SD6
Bullitt Member

That, my friend, is one SWEET-*** car!! Congrats and welcome to the SG club!
Old 3/29/11, 06:48 AM
Bullitt Member

+1 If I found one like I wanted I would buy it off the lot.
Old 3/29/11, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

I had a similar experience with my dealer, Lakewood Fordland near Denver.

They actually told me (height of the recession, mind you), 'we're doing great, we don't need your business'. Repeatedly told me 'it'll be here next week', never knowing when it would actually get there. Bunch of idiots. I believe it's the one thing keeping American cars back at this point -- horrible, dishonest, jackass dealers.

Ultimately I waited (the car arrived the weekend of my 'ultimatum' for them) but only because I'd ordered it and wanted that specific one.

Good thing it worked out for you in the end! Now keep spreading the word on their horrible customer service (what was that dealer name again??)

Quick Reply: SICK OF THE BS & WAITING!!!!