Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Should Ford Release Details on the hold?
Yes - but wait till after they are released
13.10%
No - it would be bad for their image
60.71%
Yes - why wait, release details now!
26.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Should Ford publicly release details on the hold

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/10, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should Ford publicly release details on the hold

Should Ford publicly release details on what is causing the hold? Should they wait till after its lifted or before?

If you vote no, feel free to say why if it was for another reason. When I created the poll it just seemed like that was the reason I was hearing.

Last edited by IT_Guru; 4/22/10 at 08:58 PM.
Old 4/22/10, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

You just can't get over this 'hold' can you.

It has been 2 days since it was announced and you are making some huge deal out of the whole thing. So much you had to make a separate thread about it?

Dude just go outside or grab a beer.
Old 4/22/10, 08:19 PM
eci
Banned

No. The customer is dirt, it is none of the customers business where their order is. Ford is King.
Old 4/22/10, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
Should Ford publicly release details on what is causing the hold? Should they wait till after its lifted or before?
From a customer's point of view, yes. From a manufacturer's, no.
Old 4/22/10, 08:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I voted No but don't agree with 'bad for the image part'.
Old 4/22/10, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedWings

It has been 2 days since it was announced and you are making some huge deal out of the whole thing. So much you had to make a separate thread about it?

If you don't like my opinion don't vote or don't read this thread. I figured I was being nice by making it a separate thread.

And since you don't even have one on order, it's doesn't really matter to you huh. But this is a forum and is where we are supposed to have these types of discussions. So if you don't have any constructive to say, then don't.
Old 4/22/10, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you don't like my opinion don't vote or don't read this thread. I figured I was being nice by making it a separate thread.

And since you don't even have one on order, it's doesn't really matter to you huh. But this is a forum and is where we are supposed to have these types of discussions. So if you don't have any constructive to say, then don't.
Thanks for the lesson on forum etiquette.
Old 4/22/10, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nail on the head here....
Old 4/22/10, 08:39 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
No. The customer is dirt, it is none of the customers business where their order is. Ford is King.
No... the customer's satisfaction on delivery and over the life of the product is all important.

But its the shareholder who is King.
Old 4/22/10, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jimp
Nail on the head here....
Been 2 weeks since I've gotten an update on when it will ship, not 2 days. I'm not looking for hour by hour text updates, but when it's been built for 3 weeks and they can't say why they haven't shipped it, then yes I get frustrated.

Just don't see whats wrong with an update every now and then or a "hey it's on a quality check hold"

They only reason I have any information on it is from this forum.
Old 4/22/10, 08:43 PM

I voted No but don't agree with 'bad for the image part'.
same here, voted no, but because the reason for the hold is irrelevant. the did it, big deal, the cars will be released when ready.

this shouldn't be any different, as far as the consumer is concerned, as if they started production a week later than planned.
Old 4/22/10, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Been 2 weeks since I've gotten an update on when it will ship, not 2 days. I'm not looking for hour by hour text updates, but when it's been built for 3 weeks and they can't say why they haven't shipped it, then yes I get frustrated.

Just don't see whats wrong with an update every now and then or a "hey it's on a quality check hold"

They only reason I have any information on it is from this forum.
If your dealer was giving you updates about where the car is in the process and when it might ship, that is an extra perk. I don't think they are obligated to do this. I would be happy with "It should be ready in 6-8 weeks". If I don't hear anything by week 7, i'd probably call for an update.

Just be thankful you have the information you do and stop reading so much into it. The car will eventually come.
Old 4/22/10, 08:50 PM

If your dealer was giving you updates about where the car is in the process and when it might ship, that is an extra perk. I don't think they are obligated to do this. I would be happy with "It should be ready in 6-8 weeks". If I don't hear anything by week 7, i'd probably call for an update.

Just be thankful you have the information you do and stop reading so much into it. The car will eventually come.
we ordered a 2010 right when they were released, they said 6-8 weeks, took at least an extra 4-6 weeks. Dealer had no clue and didnt tell us what was going on. Thats pretty much par for the course. We didnt expect anything more either.
Old 4/22/10, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey I'm trying. But this is the first REAL muscle car I've been able to own, so I'm like a kid waiting for xmas.

From the poll results so far, I'll have to admit I'm in the minority.
Old 4/22/10, 08:53 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey I'm trying. But this is the first REAL muscle car I've been able to own, so I'm like a kid waiting for xmas.
Its exciting isn't it??? Was for me!!!
Old 4/22/10, 08:53 PM
Cobra Member

When I got my 09, was told "8-12 weeks". Weeks 9-12 was told "tomorrow" every day I called (which was about 1-2 times a week), wa even told it's on a train at one point. Was all BS. The dealers are often jackass know-nothings and couldn't care less about you if they know they can move the car without you buying it. Ultimately took 12 weeks 3 days, and I was nearly ready to walk away, but I wanted my specific ordered car, so I dealt with it. Won't go back to that dealer, though.
Old 4/22/10, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

From the poll results so far, I'll have to admit I'm in the minority.
I can understand the feeling you are having and just want to see that it was shipped. I'm the same way when I buy something online. And then when its shipped i'm tracking the package a few times a day.

Actually right now I have a new BBQ grill I ordered online that is in transit. Going from TN to Newark, NJ for some reason before getting here. I WANT MY DANG GRILL!!!!
Old 4/22/10, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

O lawd
Old 4/22/10, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Same here. Screw this ancient Honda...
Old 4/22/10, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Same here. Screw this ancient Honda...
I'm currently driving a G6 and I've decided to wait another year before getting a Mustang GT. You can only imagine how slow this year is going to go by.

Quick Reply: Should Ford publicly release details on the hold