2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Roush Side Splitters on Big Papi's Yellow Blaze

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/10, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL is that what that does ? Big Papi thanks WienerDog.

I have to try it on my MAC doesn't work on iPhone or iPad .

Last edited by Big Papi's Pony; 10/14/10 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10/14/10, 01:46 PM
Banned

How is that front license plate? When you fold it down, does it look weird/stick out like a stop sign? Could you take a few more pics please?
Old 10/14/10, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Big Papi, meet Mr. Multi Quote.
Originally Posted by WeinerDog
And hopefully not the ladies, either!

Thanks for pointing out multi quote, I'm slow but I figured it out.

Paul
Old 10/14/10, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
How is that front license plate? When you fold it down, does it look weird/stick out like a stop sign? Could you take a few more pics please?
Now that I'm done till next year. I am going to do 1 more walk through video probably this weekend its suppose to be good weather in NY. I will show the bracket among other things.
Old 10/14/10, 03:47 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Paul, what are your next mod plans? CAI & Tune?
Old 10/14/10, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Hey Paul, what are your next mod plans? CAI & Tune?
Yes Sir that will be my spring project. I got 450 miles on her want to wait a little longer before I tune. Did you see the BBK CAI adds 16hp without tune ? I think they are releasing it this month you can pre-order on American Muscle. I want to pull the trigger on that baby. Looks hot all chrome.
Old 10/14/10, 04:30 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
Yes Sir that will be my spring project. I got 450 miles on her want to wait a little longer before I tune. Did you see the BBK CAI adds 16hp without tune ? I think they are releasing it this month you can pre-order on American Muscle. I want to pull the trigger on that baby. Looks hot all chrome.
Hadn't even heard of the BBK CAI yet. I'll check it out. And be weary of their claims. I'm no expert by any stretch, but I've heard the factory intake on the '10+ is so good that you don't gain anything with just a CAI and no tune
Old 10/14/10, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hadn't even heard of the BBK CAI yet. I'll check it out. And be weary of their claims. I'm no expert by any stretch, but I've heard the factory intake on the '10+ is so good that you don't gain anything with just a CAI and no tune
I heard there is more flow on the 10 than the 11 stock boxes is that true ? and thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll just get the Roush everything I have gotten from them is top notch and I like plus its the cheapest one !
Old 10/14/10, 04:51 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Your car looks great! What did you use to black out your fog lights (vinyl, GTS covers)?
Old 10/14/10, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
Your car looks great! What did you use to black out your fog lights (vinyl, GTS covers)?
Vinyl from stangmods.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Tai...Tint-s/280.htm
Old 10/14/10, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're right. The 05-09's made huge gains with a CAI and tune (20-30rwhp). The 10' is the same engine with a factory CAI so it has more stock power than an 05-09 GT. The 10's still show 15+rwhp gains with a CAI and tune which is not as big of a gain as 05-09's. Some people say it's not worth it because they don't think it's money well spent for the power gains. A friend of mine has one and I can say it's definitely impressive with the tune he has, completely different animal. I'd get one in a heartbeat if I wasn't adding a blower soon.

I heard there is more flow on the 10 than the 11 stock boxes is that true ? and thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll just get the Roush everything I have gotten from them is top notch and I like plus its the cheapest one !
Many people have tried the 10' Roush CAI and have said it's next to useless since it's not a tune package so replacing the factory CAI is pointless in that case. Many go for JLT and C&L with a tune. The tune is the most important part however as it's what unleashes the power. Personally on an 5.0 I'd go big and get something like the Steeda CAI and tune. There are other offerings too however.

Last edited by Stangpilot007; 10/14/10 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10/14/10, 05:07 PM
MOTM Committee Member

IDK, hopefully someone else will chime in here...
Old 10/14/10, 05:08 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Stangpilot007
The 05-09's made huge gains with a CAI and tune (20-30rwhp). The 10' already has a factory CAI yes, but they still show 15+rwhp gains with a CAI and tune which is not as big of a gain as 05-09's. Some people say it's not worth it because they don't think it's money well spent for that power. A friend has one and I can say it's definitely impressive with the tune he has. I don't have one myself because I'm putting a blower on mine soon.
Agreed Lawrence. I was talking about just getting a CAI alone (w/o a tune). I've heard a CAI alone on the '10+ doesn't do much
Old 10/14/10, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh my bad! haha. Yeah you probably wouldn't gain much more power with a CAI w/o tune, but it would sound good.
Old 10/14/10, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stangpilot007
Oh my bad! haha. Yeah you probably wouldn't gain much more power with a CAI w/o tune, but it would sound good.
Agreed Lawrence. I was talking about just getting a CAI alone (w/o a tune). I've heard a CAI alone on the '10+ doesn't do much
I was kicking around getting the steada power pack, then I thought ford racing power pack, I don't know. Good thing I have all winter to think about it!
Old 10/14/10, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

looks nice!! ill be get that on mine too
Old 10/14/10, 07:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I was kicking around getting the steada power pack, then I thought ford racing power pack, I don't know. Good thing I have all winter to think about it!
Yeah and you can read all the reviews too. I'm leaning towards the Ford racing pack myself, since I know my dealer won't give me crap when it comes time for warranty work.
Old 10/14/10, 07:59 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Yeah and you can read all the reviews too. I'm leaning towards the Ford racing pack myself, since I know my dealer won't give me crap when it comes time for warranty work.
Me too!
Old 10/15/10, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

My thoughts exactly.
Old 10/15/10, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm right with you guys. I'd hate to blow the warranty on a DD that I'm going to have for quite a while.

Quick Reply: Roush Side Splitters on Big Papi's Yellow Blaze