2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Roush/Shelby SR-71 shows Boss 302 Front End..

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/10 | 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

That's the way the HIDs should have been done from the factory. If I ever end up with a 2011 or similar, I'll be baking the lights and painting the housings!
Old 7/13/10 | 08:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think this is more of a BOSS teaser like TN posted originally. The grill is already used in the Boss 302R, wow, that was simple. Also the GT/CS lower fascia is used again on the 302R, slightly modified. Not ragging on anyone but this is pretty easy to see.

Add that up with the pics Shaun Stig posted about the possible production Boss with the SVT wheels and voila!

I am really excited to see the Boss if it has all of these features. Personally I would like:
GT/CS lower fascia painted like Indy Pace car edition GT
1" FRPP drop
Obviously SVT PP wheels
Spoiler Delete
Push button Start/Kill
Recaro seats (pref. suede/alacantra but any will work)

Back to the car at hand:
I do actually like the car it just has a lot going on. I can't wait to see it in actual form. I think the paint will be sick for a one off car. Not my cup of tea for daily driving but sweet none the less. I could do without the Chairforce logo but it fits with the car. Currently given my situation I'd love to see the LM Skunk Works logo on the faux gas cap for this one.

Last edited by Automagically; 7/13/10 at 08:23 AM.
Old 7/13/10 | 08:54 AM
BOSS Member

The Boss will be getting it's very own unique wheels. No Shelby, no SVT, no Ford Racing. All new design.
Old 7/13/10 | 08:58 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
The Boss will be getting it's very own unique wheels. No Shelby, no SVT, no Ford Racing. All new design.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/13/10 | 09:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, like Dragnet, we are just going off of the facts that we have, only the facts.

Not to be a dick Mark but if you know all about the Boss then please share with us. Otherwise, your arguments are just as weak as anyone's ramblings.
Old 7/13/10 | 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Based on the hardware list, it sounds like it would be a blast to drive. The styling though, is uhuhuhuhuhgly. Woof. The SR-71 airplane is beautiful, as is the Mustang GT. Combining the two makes for one ugly baby.
Old 7/13/10 | 09:47 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Well, like Dragnet, we are just going off of the facts that we have, only the facts.

Not to be a dick Mark but if you know all about the Boss then please share with us. Otherwise, your arguments are just as weak as anyone's ramblings.
Problem is that people who do know things aren't really at liberty to openly admit them. I don't know what Mark knows, but there seems to be a difference of opinion from those who live in MI near Ford HQ, and others around the country. Some of them are involved, some aren't.

I was the one who snapped the "Boss" mule pics, and it was a different lower fascia than the CS. I've looked at both and there is a slight difference.

FWIW, we'll have the official answers soon enough, just hold your horses and things will pan out.
Old 7/13/10 | 09:50 AM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Problem is that people who do know things aren't really at liberty to openly admit them. I don't know what Mark knows, but there seems to be a difference of opinion from those who live in MI near Ford HQ, and others around the country. Some of them are involved, some aren't.

I was the one who snapped the "Boss" mule pics, and it was a different lower fascia than the CS. I've looked at both and there is a slight difference.

FWIW, we'll have the official answers soon enough, just hold your horses and things will pan out.
I'm starting to like you and the way you think. You right, you'll all know soon enough.
Old 7/13/10 | 09:57 AM
Cobra R Member

... said to a group of Mustang enthusiasts...
Old 7/13/10 | 09:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's fine, I can accept that. It's good knowledge but I am not going to get too overworked about it.

That was my bad, I didn't do my homework there.

Very interesting.

I sadly have no horses but I do have a lot of time so I am sure the info can wait.
Old 7/13/10 | 09:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
I'm starting to like you and the way you think. You right, you'll all know soon enough.
Didn't mean to be a jerk, just read the posts a little out of context. Just seemed like your replies were a little too cocky, not confident. Steve tries to make a point. Not point a finger. It's easy to miss a communication on the internet. It isn't the best medium.

Either way, I probably shouldn't have been short sided.

Last edited by Automagically; 7/13/10 at 10:03 AM.
Old 7/13/10 | 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Old 7/13/10 | 10:06 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
... said to a group of Mustang enthusiasts...
Someone caught it.

Originally Posted by Automagically
That's fine, I can accept that. It's good knowledge but I am not going to get too overworked about it.

That was my bad, I didn't do my homework there.

Very interesting.

I sadly have no horses but I do have a lot of time so I am sure the info can wait.
Like I said, a lot has been heavily hinted on and based on good intel. Most of them aren't going to come out and say "Yep, that's it, you guys are too good at catching future models, here's all the specs/info". That would be nice for us, but it won't happen. In the modern day and age, we can find things ahead of time, but until someone wants us to know, we won't know everything unless you're real close with someone on the inside and prove you can keep your trap shut.
Old 7/13/10 | 10:17 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Ok TN, another nice 'Shop. :-)
Old 7/13/10 | 10:32 AM
GTR Member

BIG headrests on those Recaros, TN

I like the addition of the splitter.......still prefer the grille surround to be black, but as it's bodycolour on the 302R, I guess that's what we'll be getting
Old 7/13/10 | 11:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
That's the way the HIDs should have been done from the factory. If I ever end up with a 2011 or similar, I'll be baking the lights and painting the housings!
This.

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
BIG headrests on those Recaros, TN

I like the addition of the splitter.......still prefer the grille surround to be black, but as it's bodycolour on the 302R, I guess that's what we'll be getting
And this.
Old 7/13/10 | 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

Is this TORCH RED, RACE RED or some other shade?

I would like to see more pics of this car, especially the RED wheels.

LQQK
Old 7/13/10 | 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

I found this one but not a close-up of the wheels.

LQQK
Old 7/13/10 | 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It's a 2011. It's Race Red. Try the TMS 2011 Gallery, if not then search Autoblog/Jalopnik.
Old 7/13/10 | 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Is this TORCH RED, RACE RED or some other shade?

I would like to see more pics of this car, especially the RED wheels.
It is Race Red.

Quick Reply: Roush/Shelby SR-71 shows Boss 302 Front End..