2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/10, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Trip

I recently sold my Volkswagen R32 to hop into a more suitable candidate for the Arizona environment. Ended up gettin' into a GT/CS in performance white. I had a 5.0 on order in Tucson, and it was looking like a 10 week window until I received shipment. Taxes there were outrageous, 9.1%! With the options I had selected, (backup cam, brembos, HIDs, and 3.73) the car ended up being the same price as the CS, which I ended up buying in New York while I was home visiting for a few weeks and selling my R32. With the options this California has, it was a no-brainer! She came fully loaded, HID's, comfort pack, and Navigation (which I didn't think I needed, but now realize how amazing it truly is). So now I am in Oklahoma, on my way to Arizona, and the car is at 2,500 miles after only 10 days of ownership! I broke her in properly, and it's been getting faster and louder the whole ride down. Truly an amazing car; after stepping out of a german go-kart, I can really say this was an upgrade in both power and comfort. While it doesn't have the same precision feeling in the steering and throttle response the VW had, I have no doubts that there is a relatively easy fix for those minor complaints. V8 engines!

Here are a few pictures, I don't want this thread to be useless.
Attached Images      

Last edited by vdub2stang; 7/7/10 at 12:27 AM.
Old 7/7/10, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks pretty nice! Though you should have straightened them. By the way, what's with the third shot? It looks like someone started photoshopping it to Grabber Blue. Sounds like you had a fun return trip.
Old 7/7/10, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pictures but please rotate them!!!
Old 7/7/10, 09:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Looks pretty nice! Though you should have straightened them. By the way, what's with the third shot? It looks like someone started photoshopping it to Grabber Blue. Sounds like you had a fun return trip.

Gotta love painters tape to stop the chips :P
Old 7/7/10, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

You know that's what I thought it was at first too, but I figured no one would put THAT much painter's tape on.
Old 7/7/10, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

This thread hurts my neck... but its well worth it... beautiful car
Old 7/7/10, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vdub2stang
I recently sold my Volkswagen R32 to hop into a more suitable candidate for the Arizona environment. Ended up gettin' into a GT/CS in performance white. I had a 5.0 on order in Tucson, and it was looking like a 10 week window until I received shipment. Taxes there were outrageous, 9.1%! With the options I had selected, (backup cam, brembos, HIDs, and 3.73) the car ended up being the same price as the CS, which I ended up buying in New York while I was home visiting for a few weeks and selling my R32. With the options this California has, it was a no-brainer! She came fully loaded, HID's, comfort pack, and Navigation (which I didn't think I needed, but now realize how amazing it truly is). So now I am in Oklahoma, on my way to Arizona, and the car is at 2,500 miles after only 10 days of ownership! I broke her in properly, and it's been getting faster and louder the whole ride down. Truly an amazing car; after stepping out of a german go-kart, I can really say this was an upgrade in both power and comfort. While it doesn't have the same precision feeling in the steering and throttle response the VW had, I have no doubts that there is a relatively easy fix for those minor complaints. V8 engines!

Here are a few pictures, I don't want this thread to be useless.
Hey vdub2stang, I am the guy you were talking with on 79 in Pittsburgh!!
Old 7/7/10, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by rk2112
Hey vdub2stang, I am the guy you were talking with on 79 in Pittsburgh!!
Hey man! That exhaust sounded amazing! Do you know how much that setup costs when Corsa will finally start selling it?
Old 7/7/10, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by newpony
Nice pictures but please rotate them!!!
They were taken with my iPhone and when they imported they were sideways... I don't know how to edit them.
Old 7/7/10, 10:39 AM

Sounds familiar!!

To:

Thanks to you for the opportunity to repost the above picture (aka the best picture in the history of mankind).
Old 7/7/10, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vdub2stang
Hey man! That exhaust sounded amazing! Do you know how much that setup costs when Corsa will finally start selling it?
Just sent you a PM. You can also check out a sound clip of my car on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yl2PCe4pRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcY2R...eature=related
Old 7/7/10, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Man, the floodgates have opened for us GT/CS folks, great ride.