2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rebates and ford credit?

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/13, 08:00 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll say it since our parents won't. Instead of thinking of yourself for a change think of them. Maybe they would like some freedom and independence for a change. It does get old having your kid continue to sponge off of you. Taking out the trash isn't much of a help. You could at least pay a little rent. Even if it's just $100 a month it shows you care a little. It's not always about you.
Old 3/23/13, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maverick1125
I'll say it since our parents won't. Instead of thinking of yourself for a change think of them. Maybe they would like some freedom and independence for a change. It does get old having your kid continue to sponge off of you. Taking out the trash isn't much of a help. You could at least pay a little rent. Even if it's just $100 a month it shows you care a little. It's not always about you.
I understand your point of view, however we are a very family oriented family. My parents and I have dinner together every night, still go on "family outings" on Sunday and so forth. My mom and dad were devastated when my sister moved to NYC but the commute from New Jersey to NYC just wasn't economical. My parents and I had this talk and I told then flat out if u want me out let me no. They love having me around plain and simple. My dad runs a business and is out of the house from 7-7, my mom doesn't work and simply likes having me around. I help her a bunch and although it may not be much it's something. It's not easy for a 5'1 110 pound women to walk two 120+ poun German shepherds. So thank you for giving me a different perspective to look at the situation but I believe Im on the right track at this point in my life.
Old 3/23/13, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by joey8

im 22 just graduated college in december and got a forensic accounting job with a firm about 4 miles from my house.. cant justify moving out just yet being that ill have to pay rent plus be further away from my job, it just doesnt seem logical to me quite yet. Want to build up some savings first.
Based on this bit of info you should definitely be able to get a better rate through one of the dealers banks and get the rebates. This part of the process is negotiable because dealers can get a kick back on rate from lenders they work with. You should be able to get closer to 1.9 especially considering the large down payment. Even as a first time buyer unless your credit score is a complete disaster. I would go into another dealer knowing what you want and push for the same price, rebates and 1.9 from one of their banks right off the bat if your current dealer won't work with you on this.
Old 3/23/13, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I understand your point of view, however we are a very family oriented family. My parents and I have dinner together every night, still go on "family outings" on Sunday and so forth. My mom and dad were devastated when my sister moved to NYC but the commute from New Jersey to NYC just wasn't economical. My parents and I had this talk and I told then flat out if u want me out let me no. They love having me around plain and simple. My dad runs a business and is out of the house from 7-7, my mom doesn't work and simply likes having me around. I help her a bunch and although it may not be much it's something. It's not easy for a 5'1 110 pound women to walk two 120+ poun German shepherds. So thank you for giving me a different perspective to look at the situation but I believe Im on the right track at this point in my life.
So just gracing our parents with your presents is what you have to offer, plus chores you have done since you were 10.

Ask your parents if they would like to have a date night once a month with just the two of them and you will give them $100 a month to pay for it. Don't call it rent. It will look like you are thinking of them since you are so "family oriented". Relationships are a two way street. Give and take.

It would be a positive step to show your parents you have matured and when you do move out they won't feel like there "little boy" is gone.
Old 3/23/13, 02:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Saltyoldguy
Hey OP more power to ya! I bought a new Mustang GT 1999 when i was 23 years old and still lived at home. I lived at home until I married, saved a ton of cash and then sold the car giving me a huge down payment on a house. I would not have been in that position financially had i moved out directly after college. This whole stigma of being a loser because you still live at home in your twenties is foolishness. I'd say it makes good sense so long as you live cordially with your parents.
I must have done something wrong when I was in my 20's, I paid rent, had kids, paid bill's, drove a second hand used car, Didn't have the funds to even buy a New anything. I quess I didn't feel like my parents owed me, quiet the oppitsite I believed I owed them.
Old 3/23/13, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by werdna65
I must have done something wrong when I was in my 20's, I paid rent, had kids, paid bill's, drove a second hand used car, Didn't have the funds to even buy a New anything. I quess I didn't feel like my parents owed me, quiet the oppitsite I believed I owed them.
you had a kid?
Old 3/24/13, 09:02 AM
V6 Member

At the very least, I think our parents owe us a functioning spell-checker and an apostrophe manual. A gift for making assumptions about those who make different choices is just a bonus.
Old 3/24/13, 12:05 PM
V6 Member

you had a kid?
Yes the wife and I had 2 kids oldest is probely older than you both.

Originally Posted by tvrbob
At the very least, I think our parents owe us a functioning spell-checker and an apostrophe manual. A gift for making assumptions about those who make different choices is just a bonus.
Age difference must be wide between us, I was never good at english. HAHA I could use a apostrophe manual, I wasn't "making assumptions about those who make different choices" I just had other things going on in my life and college wasn't in the picture. If you and your parents are fine with it it's not my concern, I don't have any of our 6 kids left in the house last one moved out 5 years ago, Thats way I did buy a new 2014 this year. Good luck Guys,,,,,,,....,,,,,"""'are these"s right to use here,,,,,,,""""
Old 3/24/13, 02:33 PM
V6 Member

A gift for making assumptions about those who make different choices is just a bonus.
I wasn't "making assumptions about those who make different choices" I just had other things going on in my life and college wasn't in the picture.
You seem to be making the assumption that Joey feels as if his parents owe him something. I do not get that from anything he has said. He seems like a smart, reasonable young man. He may not make the choices you made, or the ones your kids made, but circumstances are different for everyone. Why not just give him the advice he asked for a leave out the lectures about walking up the hill to and from school in a blizzard in July?
Old 3/24/13, 03:35 PM
V6 Member

You seem to be making the assumption that Joey feels as if his parents owe him something. I do not get that from anything he has said. He seems like a smart, reasonable young man. He may not make the choices you made, or the ones your kids made, but circumstances are different for everyone. Why not just give him the advice he asked for a leave out the lectures about walking up the hill to and from school in a blizzard in July?
I just reread my reply and it does come across as that but it wasn't to be. Also he should get all the rebates no matter what name it's in. 3.9 rate maybe right Don't know his credit history. But I still believe I owe My mom everything I can do for Her, if that means paying a bill or buying food then I would do it. Anyway Good luck to you all hope it works out!
Old 3/24/13, 04:36 PM
GT Member

I Just ordered a 2014 Mustang Gt Premium last week through my local Ford Dealership, Sure my credit score is close to 800 but they treated me rather well they ended up taken my 40k build price and knocked it down to 35.5k after taxes and fee's and I got a 2.3% apr....I think you need to shop around at a few different Ford dealerships and see who will work with you and give you a good deal instead of getting a crummy salesman that won't deal with you some!
Old 3/24/13, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What are you buying? I hope it is more then a GT, $43,000 for a Mustang sounds kinda high...
Old 3/24/13, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hot4rd
What are you buying? I hope it is more then a GT, $43,000 for a Mustang sounds kinda high...
There are mustangs going for a lot more than 43k so what do you mean exactly?
Old 3/24/13, 05:21 PM
GT Member

If your refering to me I stated 40k not 43k? And I got the Track Pack and Comfort Package Which puts my build right at 40k on a 2014 Gt Premium
Old 3/24/13, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hot4rd
mine was right around 43 ish, pretty much fully loaded. I would of gotten a boss but i wanted a nav system and all the electronic bits as this is my DD and it will see the strip maybe 10 times a year...
Old 3/24/13, 05:53 PM
GT Member

Ahh Yeah I didn't go with the nav system why spend 2500 on that package when my smartphone does all the same stuff basically!
Old 3/24/13, 05:53 PM
Banned

mine was right around 43 ish, pretty much fully loaded. I would of gotten a boss but i wanted a nav system and all the electronic bits as this is my DD and it will see the strip maybe 10 times a year...
Hey joe, you mind me asking what your payments are and for how long?
Old 3/24/13, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
Ahh Yeah I didn't go with the nav system why spend 2500 on that package when my smartphone does all the same stuff basically!
Because its cleaner
Old 3/24/13, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kevin0027
you have a point, i really like the touch screen and the way everything is displayed on one screen, ie the climate media and nav. and you cant beat the sync, you just shout out commands and that lovely lady does whatever you want. I make her earn every penny!
Old 3/24/13, 05:57 PM
GT Member

you have a point, i really like the touch screen and the way everything is displayed on one screen, ie the climate media and nav. and you cant beat the sync, you just shout out commands and that lovely lady does whatever you want. I make her earn every penny!
True lol. But for me I just didn't go for it!....I still can't wait to get my car...Ordered it last week blah the wait sucks!

Quick Reply: Rebates and ford credit?