2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/13, 12:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear ended

So I get rear ended this morning while coming to a stop at a stop sign . I'm fine, luckily it wasn't too hard of an impact. The entire bumper would have to be replaced as well as the Diffuser. I'm not sure about any parts I can't see from the naked eye. Also the right Roush exhaust is bent into the wheel and the tip completely broke off. Not sure if I need to buy a new one or if it can be fixed. How much worth of damage do you guys think this would be? I'm not too concerned cause I shouldn't be paying anything.

Name:  LIl8nEh.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  386.8 KB
Old 3/3/13, 12:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

At least a grand, maybe 2
Old 3/3/13, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks. hope you get it all straightened out soon.
Old 3/3/13, 01:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
That'll...

**NO** I won't be 'that guy' who says it.

I won't.

I...

Oh, I can't help myself....

---

That'll buff right out!

/I feel ashamed.
//Well..... ok, no, not so much.
//Seriously, that sucks man. But at least, as indicated by your post, it is covered by their insurance or such, so.. just make sure you get it done right, and be **** about it. And nobody hurt, so that's a good thing.
Old 3/3/13, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear this happened/ I'm thinking $2.5k - $3.5k to fix.
Old 3/3/13, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

here is a temp fix i used when a chevy hit my bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Rear ended-booboo-temp-repair.jpg  
Old 3/3/13, 03:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I went through the same thing just over a week ago (https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...tinues-518978/).

Here's how my car looked:

That right there is minimum $4,700 damage and if the trunklid has to be replaced like I'm expecting, the cost may be as high as $6,000. My car is just starting to get repaired - this is it yesterday:

What's making mine so expensive is that the driver's side rear quarter is dented and getting replaced, so that plus your trunklid will tell the story for you. Sorry to hear it man - sucks big time and I feel your pain!
Old 3/4/13, 11:28 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it. I'm going to be taking her to the Ford service station. They always take care of me and do a great job.
Old 3/4/13, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
I went through the same thing just over a week ago (https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...tinues-518978/).

Here's how my car looked:

That right there is minimum $4,700 damage and if the trunklid has to be replaced like I'm expecting, the cost may be as high as $6,000. My car is just starting to get repaired - this is it yesterday:

What's making mine so expensive is that the driver's side rear quarter is dented and getting replaced, so that plus your trunklid will tell the story for you. Sorry to hear it man - sucks big time and I feel your pain!
Yea I actually searched and found your post after I posted this one. That sucks bro. I don't think my trunk is damaged, it opens and closes fine.
Well as far as I know for now. Who knows how much more damage is done underneath the mess. How long did they tell you the repairs would take?
Old 3/4/13, 12:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by BKStyles

Yea I actually searched and found your post after I posted this one. That sucks bro. I don't think my trunk is damaged, it opens and closes fine.
Well as far as I know for now. Who knows how much more damage is done underneath the mess. How long did they tell you the repairs would take?
It's going to be minimum 10 business days to get finished up but not sure how many of that is actually working on my car. The part that's going to be toughest is the driver's side rear quarter since that's a huge piece of metal getting cut off with a new one spot-welded and then painted. I think...

My trunk still opens and closes but it's just kinda bent - haven't heard yet what they think of that part.
Old 3/4/13, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hope both get fixed soon
Old 3/4/13, 12:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
thats enough to make me sick. Make sure you get a reduced value check out of them too
Old 3/4/13, 12:58 PM
GT Member

"reduced value check"?? Never heard of such a thing but I like that idea.
Old 3/13/13, 12:56 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it. I'm going to be taking her to the Ford service station. They always take care of me and do a great job.
Sorry this happened, BKStyles. I hope it's taken care of already.

Deysha
Old 3/13/13, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by exchallenger
"reduced value check"?? Never heard of such a thing but I like that idea.
Diminished Value. And yes, it is legit. I've been involved in two accidents over the past 10 years and both times I was not at fault. I went after their insurance companies for the diminished value of my vehicles after the repairs were complete and both times I won. I ended up getting about $5,000 total for diminished value claims. Don't let the insurance companies fool you because they OWE you that money. Plain in simple - your car is not worth what it was just moments before the accident occurred. Now it will have repair work and even worse will probably show up on a Carfax report showing it has been involved in an accident. This is an immediate red flag to a potential buyer and will give them a great bargaining chip to get you to lower your price. Good luck!
Old 3/13/13, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Sorry this happened, BKStyles. I hope it's taken care of already.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha. She's almost ready to be picked up. I'll post pics after I get her back. Thanks again for all the advice guys.
Old 3/13/13, 05:54 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
thats enough to make me sick. Make sure you get a reduced value check out of them too
asked that question a coupla years ago and I can't remember who replied here but unless the car is a Boss, Bullitt or GT500 and as long as the repair is properly done there is no recourse for that as a proper repair (read undetectable and in accordance with accepted practices) shouldn't effect the value of the car.

And I can confirm that when I traded in my 07 GT the dealership did not lower the value of my trade in.

I suppose the problem then comes in when a private buyer is waiving a carfax in your face and telling you that they won't pay that for a wrecked car and unfortunately there still isn't any recourse.
Old 3/13/13, 06:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Sorry that happened to you and your car. That sucks.
At least you weren't hurt.
Old 3/15/13, 07:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Deysha. She's almost ready to be picked up. I'll post pics after I get her back. Thanks again for all the advice guys.
You're very welcome, BKStyles!

Deysha
Old 3/15/13, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Sorry that happened to you and your car. That sucks.
At least you weren't hurt.
Yeah I know it sucked, but that's what insurance is for. Thanks buddy. Glad I wasn't hurt.

Quick Reply: Rear ended