2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Question about Incentives

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/10, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about Incentives

We ordered a 2011 V6 in the middle of May. At that time the interest rates were at 0% for 36 months. In June they went up to 2.9% for 36 months. I received a call from the dealer and he said the car should arrive on or around June 29th. We are leaving on vacation on June 30th. We originally thought about taking the new car on vacation but the dealer had said it would early/mid July before the car came in. So we decided to fly. The tickets are non-refundable and even if they weren't not sure if I trust the delivery date. OK now my question, do any of you guys that are dealers or are salemen know if the incentives will change for the better (like a lower interest rate or rebate) in July? My salesman didn't seem to want to discuss it. The reason I ask if the car comes in before we go on vacation should I take delivey or wait until we get back on July 6th? If the rates are going to go up I will take it before we go (if it comes in) but if they stay the same or go lower I would rather wait until we get back.

Thanks,

Rick
Old 6/16/10, 11:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ford won't tell us until 07/07/2010. It is a gamble. I don't think they will get worse but I have no way of knowing for sure.
Old 6/16/10, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Karpro
Ford won't tell us until 07/07/2010. It is a gamble. I don't think they will get worse but I have no way of knowing for sure.
Thanks for the reply. Like I posted we are returning on July 6th. The car is for the Wife not sure if she will want to wait a day . I can get finacing through a local credit union at 2.9% if the rate did go up.
Old 6/16/10, 11:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RickV
Thanks for the reply. Like I posted we are returning on July 6th. The car is for the Wife not sure if she will want to wait a day . I can get finacing through a local credit union at 2.9% if the rate did go up.
I'd wait it out then since you've got a back up.
Old 6/16/10, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RickV
We ordered a 2011 V6 in the middle of May. At that time the interest rates were at 0% for 36 months. In June they went up to 2.9% for 36 months. I received a call from the dealer and he said the car should arrive on or around June 29th. We are leaving on vacation on June 30th. We originally thought about taking the new car on vacation but the dealer had said it would early/mid July before the car came in. So we decided to fly. The tickets are non-refundable and even if they weren't not sure if I trust the delivery date. OK now my question, do any of you guys that are dealers or are salemen know if the incentives will change for the better (like a lower interest rate or rebate) in July? My salesman didn't seem to want to discuss it. The reason I ask if the car comes in before we go on vacation should I take delivey or wait until we get back on July 6th? If the rates are going to go up I will take it before we go (if it comes in) but if they stay the same or go lower I would rather wait until we get back.

Thanks,

Rick
I think it would good policy if they honored the incentives in place when you placed an order... especially if they take a deposit.
Old 6/16/10, 05:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
I think it would good policy if they honored the incentives in place when you placed an order... especially if they take a deposit.
Ford offers the incentives. The dealer takes a deposit.

Two different things. Yes, to the customer it's all part of the purchase process but they're still separate financial transactions. Ford has NO idea whether you put $1 or $10,000 down before you buy your car.
Old 6/16/10, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by wannabe
Ford offers incentives as a way to move overstocked inventory. That is why incentives change so often because travel rate and existing stock continually change.