Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Priority code for 2011 Mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/10, 09:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priority code for 2011 Mustang GT?

So I got a printout from my dealer today. The 2011 GT I ordered last week has a priority code of 18. What does that mean?
Old 9/20/10, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Priorities are set from 01 to... 99 I think? Or was it 100? Anyway, the lower the better. The absolute highest priority number (either 99 or 100 (would be rendered as 00 I believe)) means "DO NOT SCHEDULE", anything from 10 and above can be set by the dealership inventory manager. Anything from 1-9 can only be set by higher ups in Ford, and is typically reserved for special promotions and necessity, etc. Most standard dealers default their stock orders to 20, but some may change this depending on their size. Yours is 18, so it's not the lowest they could have gone, but without knowing anything about the dealership I couldn't say much about what it means. Suffice to say that there -could- be other cars with a higher priority, but a number is just a number. If it's a big dealership, they may have other custom orders that were placed before yours. It's also possible that their system just sets up retail orders in sequence and that you do have the next car to be scheduled for that dealer.

Now, take note, priority just means that's the first car the system looks at for that dealer. If component availability means it doesn't fit in, then it skips, and it's entirely possible still for another car with a lesser priority to be scheduled ahead.
Old 9/20/10, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Priorities are set from 01 to... 99 I think? Or was it 100? Anyway, the lower the better. The absolute highest priority number (either 99 or 100 (would be rendered as 00 I believe)) means "DO NOT SCHEDULE", anything from 10 and above can be set by the dealership inventory manager. Anything from 1-9 can only be set by higher ups in Ford, and is typically reserved for special promotions and necessity, etc. Most standard dealers default their stock orders to 20, but some may change this depending on their size. Yours is 18, so it's not the lowest they could have gone, but without knowing anything about the dealership I couldn't say much about what it means. Suffice to say that there -could- be other cars with a higher priority, but a number is just a number. If it's a big dealership, they may have other custom orders that were placed before yours. It's also possible that their system just sets up retail orders in sequence and that you do have the next car to be scheduled for that dealer.

Now, take note, priority just means that's the first car the system looks at for that dealer. If component availability means it doesn't fit in, then it skips, and it's entirely possible still for another car with a lesser priority to be scheduled ahead.
Thats pretty much it. Lower is better, but its hard to say how they schedule. There could 11-17 already and you are 7 back. Or you could be next in line, its hard to say.

The best thing you can do is order at the highest volume dealership in your area. Even if you are next in line at your dealership, and I'm 4th in line at my dealership, if my dealership does a lot more business, they will get more allocations, and I'll still get mine sooner.
Old 9/20/10, 10:19 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the info guys. How do you know which dealer has the largest volume? My dealer is one of the oldest in vancouver, and they claim they have the highest satisfaction. But the sales guy told me it could be as long as 5 months. I just hope negotiating my way out of documentation and anti theft fees ($900!) doesnt mean too much lower of a priority
Old 9/21/10, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

It sounds like a pretty reasonable priority they've set for you. As for volume, it's not an exact science, but the size of the dealership can be a tip off. If they have a lot of inventory chances are they move it quickly. If their offices are large and immaculately clean and modern and they have a lot of staff, that's another sign. If they advertise being the "Highest volume dealership in the state!" Well... then it's obvious. Also might check to see how many Mustangs they usually have sitting on the lot, and what they like to put in their showroom.

Large dealerships will go through their lines a lot faster. Small dealerships though may not have much of a line to begin with. I put my order at a small dealership and got Priority 10, was the first person to place an order with them, while Coffeejolts put his a few days later with a big dealership in the same region. Our cars were both built on the same day, so it's more a question of how deep the line is. They sound like they've had a few retail orders placed, but most of them may have been filled out by now.
Old 9/21/10, 11:27 AM
GT Member

Haha the dealership building actually looks really old. they kept talking about how they're getting a new building next year though.
Old 9/21/10, 01:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey bud, your priority is good. 01-09 is saved for Ford internally. 10-20 is what everyone tries to get on orders. Anything under 20 is good. If they have some retails in head of you, that is why your PC is at 18 and not lower. You'll get your car in decent time.

Jeff
Old 9/21/10, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Thanks!