2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Ordered a Grabber Blue 2012 GT, Trading In My '11

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/11, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
As a former azure blue Mustang owner, grabber blue is THE one color outside of sterling grey that I would love. I am waiting for that grabber blue Boss :-) The color looks excellent, and black offsets (wheels, stripes) make it even more striking. May your wait be minimal and your enjoyment maximum!
Old 5/23/11, 09:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all! One update - a good friend came over to assess what-up with the clutch, and the transmission worked just fine! So maybe something was hanging up the clutch before....but now is working fine?

Intermittent problem with a major component? Wow, I am more happy than ever that I have this trade-in deal!

Seriously, it appears I've fallen victim to the clutch woes that have plagued others here on TMS. Will research it more tomorrow. Must...sleep......

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/23/11 at 09:16 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Re the private cash and the rebate - they (my "internet sales team" at the dealer) assured me that I am locked in regardless. Don't know how, but since I had one good car-buying experience with them already, I choose to believe them.
Sweet deal, I will pressure the dealer into guaranteeing that I'm locked in whether they like it or not. Oh the power of the internet! :-)

Out of curiosity, when did you get the brochure and what is the expiration date? I think mine was good for exactly two months after I requested it so I'm curious if yours was the same.

Thanks!
Old 5/23/11, 09:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Sweet deal, I will pressure the dealer into guaranteeing that I'm locked in whether they like it or not. Oh the power of the internet! :-)

Out of curiosity, when did you get the brochure and what is the expiration date? I think mine was good for exactly two months after I requested it so I'm curious if yours was the same.

Thanks!
Ordered the brochure directly form Ford's main web site. There's a linkie at the bottom of either the main page or one not far from it. And I didn't even get it in the mail yet - my salesman's computer "system" (not sure of the app) showed that I already had the coupon assigned to me! So Ford linked me to the coupon electronically, before I even received the thing in the mail!

Here ya go:
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/bro...3m6n0p20110301

So this purchase means there are going to be three major changes to compare:
'11 vs. '12
6MT versus 6AL
'vert vs. coupe

Can't wait!

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/23/11 at 09:37 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 09:34 PM

Was your PW already paid off? What kind of "hit" are you taking on the trade?
Old 5/23/11, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ordered the brochure directly form Ford's main web site. There's a linkie at the bottom of either the main page or one not far from it. And I didn't even get it in the mail yet - my salesman's computer "system" (not sure of the app) showed that I already had the coupon assigned to me! So Ford linked me to the coupon electronically, before I even received the thing in the mail!

'11 vs. '12
6MT versus 6AL
'vert vs. coupe

Can't wait!
Got it. Understood completely. I've already emailed them the question. We'll see what they say.

I did the compare of coupe vs vert because I had to decide between a v8 coupe and v6 vert. Ultimately the allure of the V8 won out over the 'vert but I hope next time to be able to pick up the V8 'vert. I look forward to your comparisons.
Old 5/23/11, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Was your PW already paid off? What kind of "hit" are you taking on the trade?
It's a tough hit but we don't have a crystal ball. There's no WAY anyone could have talked me into an auto trans last year, and until I lived with a coupe loaner overnight I wouldnt believe I'd want it over a 'vert but now I do, without a doubt. My wife told me this GB coupe is what I should get the 1st time around, before I bought the PW 'vert. but I am an idiot, didn't heed her wise advise, and now it's obvious she was right.

Not totally paid off yet, but am closing on a house sale next month from which I'll pay it all off.

I am getting $30K trade-in value for my '11. The dealer in Richmond only wanted to give me $27k, and CarMax was smokin' some serious dope with an offer for outright purchase from me of $24K. Based on that, $30k seemed fair enough to me.
Old 5/23/11, 10:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats on new car purchase...can relate to needing auto trans...

Wondering why you went from vert to coupe?

ps: hope lots of pics when you get your baby
Old 5/24/11, 03:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Here ya go:
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/bro...3m6n0p20110301

'11 vs. '12
6MT versus 6AL
'vert vs. coupe

Can't wait!
I've tried that link to get a brochure and filled everything out all the required fields and it does absolutey nothing. Do you think that could be from me getting a brochure on the 2011 mustang way back in Jan.? Any ideas?
Old 5/24/11, 04:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
I've tried that link to get a brochure and filled everything out all the required fields and it does absolutey nothing. Do you think that could be from me getting a brochure on the 2011 mustang way back in Jan.? Any ideas?
Dunno. I got one last year and in fact used the coupon to buy my 2011, so I am pretty sure that isn't it.

OTOH ive seen nothing in the mail yet either...
Old 5/24/11, 09:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad it all worked out for ya. At least you have some mods in the garage already that will bolt right up!
Old 5/24/11, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

It's a tough hit but we don't have a crystal ball. There's no WAY anyone could have talked me into an auto trans last year, and until I lived with a coupe loaner overnight I wouldnt believe I'd want it over a 'vert but now I do, without a doubt. My wife told me this GB coupe is what I should get the 1st time around, before I bought the PW 'vert. but I am an idiot, didn't heed her wise advise, and now it's obvious she was right.

Not totally paid off yet, but am closing on a house sale next month from which I'll pay it all off.

I am getting $30K trade-in value for my '11. The dealer in Richmond only wanted to give me $27k, and CarMax was smokin' some serious dope with an offer for outright purchase from me of $24K. Based on that, $30k seemed fair enough to me.
Carmax seems to be hit or miss. They offered me 1000 less then was fair on a 2006 Charger RT because they said the bolts on the fender had been turned and it may have been in an accident. I ordered the car new and picked it up off the truck. The bolts are painted and were scratched by a ratchet or wrench. There was an issue with the fender lining being aligned wrong when I picked it up. The dealership fixed it but must have had to turn the bolts to do so. I was so pissed I wanted to hit the guy for deducting cash for bull. The car was babied. Then they offered me 26k for 2008 Mustang GT. That was 2k over what I had anticipated. I guess it all evens out!
Old 5/24/11, 10:57 AM
GTR Member

Have you thought about putting it up on Auto Trader for $33-34k and seeing if anyone bites? Worst case, you've got a backup plan in place at the dealer.
Old 5/24/11, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Have you thought about putting it up on Auto Trader for $33-34k and seeing if anyone bites? Worst case, you've got a backup plan in place at the dealer.
Exactly what I suggested earlier....Figure (given the latest tales of ordering woe) 10-12 weeks til the new one gets here. It's prime Convertible weather...Flip it locally and minimize the Cash difference. Anything over $30K is + money.
Old 5/24/11, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congratulations Eric!! I was following your other thread and I'm happy to hear you were able to work something out!
Old 5/24/11, 06:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
Wondering why you went from vert to coupe?
Mostly b/c it minimizes my outlay to jump from a vert to a coupe, as compared to vert to vert or coupe to vert. But also I've found I prefer the added stiffness of the coupe, the folding rear seats, the larger trunk, the better sounding rear speakers...

And one last detail, which seems minor but is important to me with a commute that involves a 15-minute ferry ride each day: the seats in a coupe recline ALL the way back, whereas in the 'vert they are limited to a few degrees thanks to the narrowed rear seat.

Originally Posted by Modshack
Exactly what I suggested earlier....Figure (given the latest tales of ordering woe) 10-12 weeks til the new one gets here. It's prime Convertible weather...Flip it locally and minimize the Cash difference. Anything over $30K is + money.
Was exactly my thought, but now that the clutch has misbehaved I am thinking of just not even touching it until the day the new car gets here, at which point I'll drive it to the dealer and say, "Here ya go, you might wanna look at that clutch", and then not look back...

Glad it all worked out for ya. At least you have some mods in the garage already that will bolt right up!
Thanks! I am indeed relishing that!

Originally Posted by Ronin38
Congratulations Eric!! I was following your other thread and I'm happy to hear you were able to work something out!
Thanks! I am like a kid in a candy store!

BTW, my brochure arrived today, with the 750 customer cash coupon (already credited of course).
Old 5/24/11, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

I have it in Craigslist (for $32,500) and in my company's online classifieds (for $32,000, since it's generally a known clientele). One person from each has expressed interest, but as mentioned, at 8500 miles the clutch JUST NOW is acting up with Loose Pressure Plate Syndrome. So now I am thinking of abandoning seelling it because I just don't want to deal with the whole tranny issue. That's another reason I am getting the 6AT too...

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/24/11 at 06:52 PM.
Old 5/24/11, 06:50 PM
GTR Member

I have it in Craigslist (for $32,500) and in my company's online classifieds (for $32,000, since it's generally a know clientele). One person from each has expressed interest, but as mentioned, at 8500 miles the clutch JUST NOW is acting up with Loose Pressure Plate Syndrome. So now I am thinking of abandoning seelling it because I just don't want to deal with the whole tranny issue. That's another reason I am getting the 6AT too...
Just get it into the dealer and have it resolved. May I also suggest the $70 for an auto trader ad. If it pays you back $2-3000 more, it seems worth it
Old 5/24/11, 06:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Just get it into the dealer and have it resolved. May I also suggest the $70 for an auto trader ad. If it pays you back $2-3000 more, it seems worth it
It'd be logistically easier to get a unanimous vote in congress than to get my car to the dealer and leave it for svce anytime soon, but I hear ya. Maybe late next week...
Old 5/24/11, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Called CRC today for a couple of things. One was to get a brochure, since for some reason i'm unable to get one from the computer. The rep. gave me this number 1-800-301-7430. They offered to tranfer me but i didn't have time at that moment to take advantage of that. I called a little later and it was a quick process. I believe she told me i would get it in 7 to 10 days. Just thought i'd share this number in case anyone else has the same issue with not being able to get a brochure online.

Quick Reply: Ordered a Grabber Blue 2012 GT, Trading In My '11