2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Ordered a Grabber Blue 2012 GT, Trading In My '11

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/11, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ordered a Grabber Blue 2012 GT, Trading In My '11

I felt it was time to start a new thread on this now that I have a happy ending and don't need "advice" any more.

Quick recap: So due to my deteriorating left leg, decided to investigate trading/selling my 2011 GT 'vert for a 2012 GT coupe. The availability of Sonic Blue was the catalyst, but ironically that's not the direction I ultimately chose.

It's a good thing I could not work out a deal for that "new" (June 2010 build date) 2011 Grabber Blue coupe on Saturday at that out-of-town dealer. It was a BEAUTIFUL car that convinced me I needed Grabber Blue instead of SB, but it turns out that with my $750 customer cash (ALWAYS request that brochure, people!), I am getting a better deal ordering a brand new 2012.

The bottom line is my car, plus about $3550. The out-the-door, with taxes/title/tags is a few cents over $4800!! Here is what I ordered:
- Grabber Blue GT Coupe w/6AT (medical issue forces the auto, no apologies needed)
- 401A interior:charcoal/GB stripe
- Comfort pkg
- Security pkg w/HIDs

The X-plan price was $34,887 (or so), $500 rebate + $750 customer cash applied. Ordered today, hopefully will have it in 6 to 8 weeks!!

PS - My '11 vert's 6MT clutch grenaded itself today, ironically, on the way home from having the dealer appraise its trade-in value!! My wife was driving (since I cannot), and it sounds like the clutch just wanted to burn up instead of engage. A friend is coming over to check it out with me 2nite, but I am not worried, and neither is the dealer. Ford can pay for that fix, and if they don't get it right, it won't be MY problem any more!! YAY!!!

:b anana::ban ana:

EDIT: Figured we need a photo. This is exactly my new car, except for the wheels (I love those 19's, but my plan is a future upgrade with SVT or RTR wheels).
Attached Images  

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/23/11 at 06:22 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 05:11 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice Eric! Be ready for just a little bit more attention now with your new color
Old 5/23/11, 05:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Nice Eric! Be ready for just a little bit more attention now with your new color
True, true! And I am prepared for a little more speed since GB is the fastest color also!
Old 5/23/11, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on pulling the trigger on the new one. Hope it gets to you quick.
Old 5/23/11, 05:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FCMalie
Congrats on pulling the trigger on the new one. Hope it gets to you quick.
THANK YOU!

Man, I am as psyched as Will Ferrell as "Elf":
"I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE, AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS!!"
Old 5/23/11, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL!!! Congratulations and welcome to the 5.0 A/T club..... Nothing to be ashamed of, be proud!!!
Old 5/23/11, 05:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats man! I watched the other thread closely and was hoping you'd get another 5.0. and not a Honda Fit lol! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
Old 5/23/11, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on the awesome order.....but what about the clutch? Did it do anything before it went? Man that's weird. How many miles did it have on it.
Old 5/23/11, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

You will be more than impressed with this Auto. I love mine and was always in the "manual clique' "
Old 5/23/11, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats! I'm not a fan of GB but I am a fan of you being able to drive your car!

When does your private cash expire? I got mine but it's going to be close to expiring if not expired when I get my car. I ordered a few and they all came with the same expiration date. Needless to say I REALLY want to get this discount.
Old 5/23/11, 06:04 PM
Cobra R Member

(edited because I am lame and cannot make "multi-quote" do my bidding. ARRGH!)

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/23/11 at 06:11 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 06:08 PM

Grabber Blue AT > than MT anything else Seriously, be prepared for many more stares, smiles and DAAAANG thats ugly than you could ever imagine. :b anana:
Old 5/23/11, 06:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
LOL!!! Congratulations and welcome to the 5.0 A/T club..... Nothing to be ashamed of, be proud!!!
Apologia removed! Proud to have an American-made transmission soon! Now I HAVE to order up some new Zaino supplies so I can put a DEEP shine on that baby!

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
Congrats on the awesome order.....but what about the clutch? Did it do anything before it went? Man that's weird. How many miles did it have on it.
8500 miles. Will investigate tonight. Just going by what my wife said:
- Was clunking in every gear.
- Stopped for lunch, came out, put it in reverse, but "it didn't want to go anywhere"
- 1st & 2nd gear were like reverse (didn't want to go anywhere)
- Then in 3rd it finally seemed to go OK, and the burning smell stopped.

So it sounds to me like the clutch got stuck partially engaged and was slipping like a big dog. Will report later or tomorrow when I know more.

Last edited by Double-EDad; 5/23/11 at 06:14 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 06:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Congrats! I'm not a fan of GB but I am a fan of you being able to drive your car!

When does your private cash expire? I got mine but it's going to be close to expiring if not expired when I get my car. I ordered a few and they all came with the same expiration date. Needless to say I REALLY want to get this discount.
Re the private cash and the rebate - they (my "internet sales team" at the dealer) assured me that I am locked in regardless. Don't know how, but since I had one good car-buying experience with them already, I choose to believe them.
Old 5/23/11, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

You should ask them if they can work the Zaino supplies into your payment. LOL! I went for 80.00 just in sprays for this month hopefully it will get me to the winter, then the beast sleeps till spring.

Congrats I'm excited for you.

Throw an OTT black stripe on that bad boy........if your gonna be a bear be a grizzly bear!!

Last edited by Big Papi's Pony; 5/23/11 at 06:28 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 06:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!! That car sounds & will be awesome. I don't race or even drive fast my auto, that much. It's amazing when I do, though. You'll be a happy owner, I promise!
Old 5/23/11, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
I felt it was time to start a new thread on this now that I have a happy ending and don't need "advice" any more.

Quick recap: So due to my deteriorating left leg, decided to investigate trading/selling my 2011 GT 'vert for a 2012 GT coupe. The availability of Sonic Blue was the catalyst, but ironically that's not the direction I ultimately chose.

It's a good thing I could not work out a deal for that "new" (June 2010 build date) 2011 Grabber Blue coupe on Saturday at that out-of-town dealer. It was a BEAUTIFUL car that convinced me I needed Grabber Blue instead of SB, but it turns out that with my $750 customer cash (ALWAYS request that brochure, people!), I am getting a better deal ordering a brand new 2012.

The bottom line is my car, plus about $3550. The out-the-door, with taxes/title/tags is a few cents over $4800!! Here is what I ordered:
- Grabber Blue GT Coupe w/6AT (medical issue forces the auto, no apologies needed)
- 401A interior:charcoal/GB stripe
- Comfort pkg
- Security pkg w/HIDs

The X-plan price was $34,887 (or so), $500 rebate + $750 customer cash applied. Ordered today, hopefully will have it in 6 to 8 weeks!!

PS - My '11 vert's 6MT clutch grenaded itself today, ironically, on the way home from having the dealer appraise its trade-in value!! My wife was driving (since I cannot), and it sounds like the clutch just wanted to burn up instead of engage. A friend is coming over to check it out with me 2nite, but I am not worried, and neither is the dealer. Ford can pay for that fix, and if they don't get it right, it won't be MY problem any more!! YAY!!!

:b anana::ban ana:

EDIT: Figured we need a photo. This is exactly my new car, except for the wheels (I love those 19's, but my plan is a future upgrade with SVT or RTR wheels).
Grabber Blue is a great choice. It's the same color Mustang i'm waiting on. Don't worry about the automatic transmission. I'm getting one too. I drive a manual transmission F-250 all day long at work and live in Houston where the traffic isn't always that friendly to manual shifting. So, i'm getting an automatic. It costs extra but i don't care. Anyways, with the right mods you can make it just as mean as any old stick out there.
Old 5/23/11, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Such a true statement. I can't wait to get mine. Grabber Blue is such a head turner.
Old 5/23/11, 06:53 PM
GT Member

Congrats! Make sure to get a tune also as the stock auto seems a bit sluggish without it.
Old 5/23/11, 06:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Way to go!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

The AT cars are not a step down...they turn amazing times at the strip.

Quick Reply: Ordered a Grabber Blue 2012 GT, Trading In My '11