Sponsored By:

Ordered a 2014 GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/13, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered a 2014 GT/CS

Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to TMS. I frequent these forums quite often but don't post much. However, I find this site to be a great resource and the crowd seems awesome

About a year ago I special ordered a 2013 GT500. I got cold feet and pulled the plug before it was built. I told myself I'd wait a year and buy a used one. Well, a year passed and I realized that as awesome as the GT500 is, it's not a practical daily driver. My current vehicle is 10 years old and I've looked around at other new cars, but I literally don't like any other car out there. So, two weeks ago I special ordered a black 2014 GT/CS. I fell in love with the look because it closely resembles the GT500. I already ordered quad GT500 axle backs and lower valence to swap out in place of stock.

My only concern is my choice in transmission. I ordered this car M6 before I did my homework. I have been checking this site along with others and Google searches on the MT82 trans and was quite disappointed by the complaints. I am really concerned with my choice and since the car was only ordered a couple of weeks ago and I have yet to receive a VIN, I probably still have time to make a change to A6. The only problem is that I cannot possibly fathom driving this car in an automatic. No offense to the people out there who prefer auto... I just can't do it. I drove a rental automatic GT for a week on vacation and was terribly disappointed by it. Yes it was awesome because it was a mustang, but I felt lazy driving it. It looked like a Mustang, but it just didn't feel like a Mustang.

Anyway, I know that I am opening a can of worms here, but have the kinks been worked out in the 2014 models? I know it's no Tremec, and it's still the MT82, but is this trans really as bad as everyone makes it out to be? People tend to post complaints more than they post compliments about something. That's a given fact with the interwebs. So, what's the deal?

Thanks!
Old 8/23/13, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manual Transmission is fine for daily driving. It can be a little frustrating when you're drag racing because it can be hard to hit 3rd gear at redline, and sometimes the clutch sticks to the floor a little at redline but its not enough to make me get an auto. Plus those issues can be solved by the aftermarket if it really bothers you. Have you test driven a manual?
Old 8/23/13, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for responding Moose. Unfortunately, the dealership I went to didn't have a manual on the lot so, I haven't had an opportunity to test drive the GT in manual, but I test drove the Boss as well as the GT500 about a year ago and liked both. Boss has the MT82 as well right? I don't plan on ever taking this car to a strip or track. I just want to have a little fun during the daily commute and definitely take it for some long country road drives on the weekends.
Old 8/23/13, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the transmission on the boss is the same as the GT. You should be just fine with the manual