Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OFFTOPIC RANT: I hate people who can't park

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/10, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OFFTOPIC RANT: I hate people who can't park

I normally park my car so I'm out of the way from other vehicles but not parking like a d-bag by taking up multiple spots.

Today I get to work early and decide to park far out, in an end of the row spot, and parked pretty much on the line on the outside of the row. This pretty much ensures that nobody will be close enough to door ding and actually provides anyone that parks next to me a lot of room to move in and out.

So after lunch I get a call from a co-worker who left early and said "Some idiot seems to be parked pretty close to you".

I look outside and sure enough some d-bag in an old prelude parked almost on the line next to me putting them back in distance to result in a door hitting a car.

So either this guy is (A) as **** as me about parking and figures I wouldn't damage his car or (b) a typical northern virginia driver who can't seem to park using the lines as a guide.

Pic for reference:

Last edited by RedWings; 8/27/10 at 12:42 PM.
Old 8/27/10, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

When parking far out like that... If your wife is with you... And complains... Don't justify it by saying she could use the exercise. There is no taking that back.
Old 8/27/10, 12:41 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do this too! I park only in the corner spots at work with my car over the line on the side that has no cars. Works great here as everyone here has a respect for the corner spot
Old 8/27/10, 12:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
When parking far out like that... If your wife is with you... And complains... Don't justify it by saying she could use the exercise. There is no taking that back.
Old 8/27/10, 12:57 PM
Cobra Member

Man I HATE THAT CRAP SO MUCH AS WELL!

It happend to me at a best buy parking lot and I do the same as well park away from the other people that don't give a crap about their cars. So I came on here to look for something that I can use if it were to occur again. I have about 10 of these babies in my glove compartment in case a situation like this happens again.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57478&d=1122263087
Old 8/27/10, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

I feel ya man...
Just 2 days ago I went to a grocery store, the parking lot is massive. I parked about 4 rows (8 rows if you count it back-to-back) away from anyone. I walk out there's a civic parked next to me. taking up two spots on a slant. So his front end was like a foot away from my passenger fender. People need to get a clue.

I always calculate my parking job.

Last edited by 2010MustangGT; 8/27/10 at 01:01 PM.
Old 8/27/10, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Man I HATE THAT CRAP SO MUCH AS WELL!

It happend to me at a best buy parking lot and I do the same as well park away from the other people that don't give a crap about their cars. So I came on here to look for something that I can use if it were to occur again. I have about 10 of these babies in my glove compartment in case a situation like this happens again.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57478&d=1122263087
I had a stack of those in my last car. But I figured one day i'll put it on the wrong car and I'll end up with a damaged vehicle. Even though I wouldn't put it on their car until I was leaving. Karma can be a b*tch sometimes.
Old 8/27/10, 01:08 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
I feel ya man...
Just 2 days ago I went to a grocery store, the parking lot is massive. I parked about 4 rows (8 rows if you count it back-to-back) away from anyone. I walk out there's a civic parked next to me. taking up two spots on a slant. So his front end was like a foot away from my passenger fender. People need to get a clue.

I always calculate my parking job.
This is where having a floor jack in your car would be fun. Jack up one end and rotate the car into another direction. Should leave the mooron guessing for hours what had happened.
Old 8/27/10, 01:11 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
I feel ya man...

I don't get them either. Its the equivalent of someone using the urinal right next you when there are plenty more open. People just like to followers I guess
Old 8/27/10, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RedWings
I had a stack of those in my last car. But I figured one day i'll put it on the wrong car and I'll end up with a damaged vehicle. Even though I wouldn't put it on their car until I was leaving. Karma can be a b*tch sometimes.

Lol yeah well in your case I wouldn't use it at work haha, just in places where you won't see the other people again.
Old 8/27/10, 01:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I do this too! I park only in the corner spots at work with my car over the line on the side that has no cars. Works great here as everyone here has a respect for the corner spot
We have those spots in our back lot too. I used to park there for the longest time. The problem is we back up to a landscaping company that handles dirt/mulch/etc.. So you can imagine the dust that would get on our cars on certain days.
Old 8/27/10, 01:26 PM
GT Member

My girlfriend would always ***** about me parking so far away. I would just say you want to drive next time? Of course she would shut up after that LOL. Why do women hate driving so much? Anyway that green blob being the challenger cracked me up.
Old 8/27/10, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RedWings, I do EXACTLY the same as you do when I park at work. I have a spot which is literally 1.5 times the width of the average space and I pull over all the way to the side.

Sometimes certain cars park next to you where you don't get pissed off.
Old 8/27/10, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I normally park my car so I'm out of the way from other vehicles but not parking like a d-bag by taking up multiple spots.

Today I get to work early and decide to park far out, in an end of the row spot, and parked pretty much on the line on the outside of the row. This pretty much ensures that nobody will be close enough to door ding and actually provides anyone that parks next to me a lot of room to move in and out.

So after lunch I get a call from a co-worker who left early and said "Some idiot seems to be parked pretty close to you".

I look outside and sure enough some d-bag in an old prelude parked almost on the line next to me putting them back in distance to result in a door hitting a car.

So either this guy is (A) as **** as me about parking and figures I wouldn't damage his car or (b) a typical northern virginia driver who can't seem to park using the lines as a guide.

Pic for reference:

LMFAO I LOVE UR DIAGRAM!! LOLOL

and dude i do the same thing i park 10000 spots away at the end... i have no clue why he would park his beater *** car all the way out there by you thats odd
Old 8/27/10, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FivePointO
My girlfriend would always ***** about me parking so far away. I would just say you want to drive next time? Of course she would shut up after that LOL. Why do women hate driving so much? Anyway that green blob being the challenger cracked me up.
SO TRUE! i dont get why my gf never wants to drive
Old 8/27/10, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I always try to park next to more expensive or new cars. If someone doesn't give a **** about their own car, I don't expect them to care for mine.
Old 8/27/10, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stangpilot007
RedWings, I do EXACTLY the same as you do when I park at work. I have a spot which is literally 1.5 times the width of the average space and I pull over all the way to the side.

Sometimes certain cars park next to you where you don't get pissed off.
If a really nice car is parked next to me, I don't mind. Because I know they are just parking near me because they know we won't damage each other's car.

But when some banged up POS Prelude gets close, I know the dude is either f'n with me or they can't park (which means they are a huge risk when it comes to door dings)
Old 8/27/10, 01:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Sucks when that happens...i had a ***** motorhome park so close to me once,i had to get into car threw passenger door and crawl over...

I googled and found these...kinda silly looking but guess they would work.

ps: for work and walmart ect i drive the beater taurus...

http://www.doorshox.com/photo-gallery.htm

Old 8/27/10, 01:57 PM
Bullitt Member

If a really nice car is parked next to me, I don't mind. Because I know they are just parking near me because they know we won't damage each other's car.

But when some banged up POS Prelude gets close, I know the dude is either f'n with me or they can't park (which means they are a huge risk when it comes to door dings)
.....or they're gonna swing wide backing out of the spot and take part of your bumper with them. These people deserve public beatings!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/27/10, 02:00 PM
GT Member

parking

yup I do that everywhere I go, and guess what?? there is always like 3-4 cars that park around me....??!?? People I parked all the way out here to get away from people like you....

Quick Reply: OFFTOPIC RANT: I hate people who can't park