Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Not usually one to air dirty laundry but...

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/14, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not usually one to air dirty laundry but...

As said in the title I'm usually not one to complain and when I do have a complaint I keep it between myself and the offending parties. But as some of you know in November hold on let me capitalize bold and underline that... NOVEMBER... I purchased a set of AMR 20inch charcoals from AM. When they arrived I was stoked and was ready for the dreaded stockers to find a new home. But when they were installing the rims they noticed while in the wheel alignment thing that it was off balanced so they brought me out to show me this. It was visually noticeable when the wheel spun on the thing that it was wobbling but they were able to balance it within whatever the acceptable balancing specifics are. But as I paid for BRAND NEW rims not bent rims I called American Muscle and told them my situation. They indicated that they couldn't send out a new rim on my word and the shop would need to send them an invoice stating that the rim was bent. So I went back to the shop and requested they do just that. Now this has been going on with no resolve since November. I found Dan Bailer on Facebook and messaged him it shows he read the message on Sunday but still no response and still no resolve... I'm at my last wit and now have no choice but to drive this rim across country to Arizona from Ohio because they have yet to correct this issue... my next step apparently needs to be the BBB and a lawyer.
Old 5/13/14, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I'm really sorry to hear that... I completely understand you though on not wanting to complain publicly but sometimes it's best to see what others have done in similar situations than to try and save everyone's face.

Not being able to resolve the issue since November is leaving a bad taste in my mouth for sure. Lord knows wheels aren't cheap!

Good luck on getting the issue resolved!
Old 5/13/14, 02:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems like info is missing. So the shop sent their statement in November/December, I assume, and what contact have you had with AM since (other than a Facebook message)?
Old 5/13/14, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Shop sent the invoice same day have spoken to shop and AM on phone at least 10-15 times a piece and faxed AM my orginal purchase invoice that states in the invoice wheel was bent straight of the box.
Old 5/13/14, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Out* of the box
Old 5/13/14, 02:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by punishermustang
Shop sent the invoice same day have spoken to shop and AM on phone at least 10-15 times a piece and faxed AM my orginal purchase invoice that states in the invoice wheel was bent straight of the box.
And what are they saying when you talk to them? We didn't get the invoice, we shipped the wheel but dont know where it went, screw you jerk, or what exactly?
Old 5/13/14, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

First few back and forths it was we didn't get the invoice then after I found the orginal was the problem has been sent to a supervisor to approve and then no response first few months during winter wasn't huge deal so guess didn't push hard enough early on but never thought I'd still be dealing with it... only reason sent Dan message on facebook was seen him resolve a few things figured one last ditch effort
Old 5/13/14, 02:52 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
:facepalm: Another one on the bandwagon. It's blatant that the full story is not being told. It sounds like you drove on the rim, and still expect them to replace it after...

So how about filling in the blanks and tell the rest of the story?
Old 5/13/14, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes... "It was visually noticeable when the wheel spun on the thing that it was wobbling but they were able to balance it within whatever the acceptable balancing specifics are. But as I paid for BRAND NEW rims" It was balanceable and driveable but I didn't pay for a bent rim... I paid for brand new rims at their price. They have a 100% structural warranty...Lifetime Structural Warranty.
AmericanMuscle will process your warranty with the manufacturer and guarantees that all wheels distributed are free of structural defects in material & workmanship for the lifetime of the wheel(s). So after nearly 7 months how am I jumping on the bandwagon?
Old 5/13/14, 03:04 PM
Just Plain Rude!

You still haven't explained why it wasn't just a simple return. If it was so bad, why did you mount the tires at all instead of just sending them back?
Old 5/13/14, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I have no idea why wasn't a simple return that's part of the problem... I guess I shouldn't have but I was assured by NTB (place that put them on) that they would get a new rim in from AM and would just swap them out... so it was driven home and sat driven maybe few miles a week. Guess I was too anxious to get them on and never foresaw it being a problem... and if comes down to we can't because of you driving on them then that's my issue I will gladly take the hit thing is just being shuffled around with no end in sight is what's killing me. I had no problems with AM before this ordered my suspension, strut brace, exhaust, taillights, and numerous other miscellaneous things from them... just want it resolved even if its a go take it up the tailpipe better than being shuffled. It's only what $200 dollars but it's the principle of the matter.
Old 5/13/14, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

And I'm not wanting handouts from them I just want them to correct the issue. And the matter be closed... hopefully someone see's this and can get it done if not then guess only thing I can is go else where for my business and complain.
Old 5/13/14, 03:13 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
I have no idea why wasn't a simple return that's part of the problem... I guess I shouldn't have but I was assured by NTB (place that put them on) that they would get a new rim in from AM and would just swap them out...
Dude,.....never do anything like that. If something is wrong for the get-go,....it usually isn't going to get better.
Send them the invoice over and over again until they pay your bill/make things right and let them know you got the BBB involved. That'll wake'em up.
Good luck!
Old 5/13/14, 03:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
You still haven't explained why it wasn't just a simple return. If it was so bad, why did you mount the tires at all instead of just sending them back?

I'm sorry for your problems, but I've got to agree here. If it was defective out of the box I would have never put it on the car no matter how well the guy said it was balanced. That being said there is no reason AM should not replace it with a new one. The warranty is pretty plain, and easy to understand. There must be some other problem, bad communications, lazy employees, not following instructions etc. Good luck.

Last edited by wanted33; 5/13/14 at 03:18 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea after this I learned that but it's been long drawn out lesson. Guess could just waste all their fax paper set it to resend over and over... at least get my money's worth somehow. They'd probably file harassment charges against me... like I said above I don't want handouts from them and I'm even to the point where if they say your SOL I'll take it but want them to stop giving me the pass around and just be straight with me.

Last edited by punishermustang; 5/13/14 at 03:19 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Initially I figured it was miscommunications between the shop and AM but last month or month before when I found my invoice and faxed it to them and made sure everything on it was 100% correct and that it sent. Then after that guess maybe the AM people figured it was too far past their timeline and was a dead issue.
Old 5/13/14, 03:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Yea after this I learned that but it's been long drawn out lesson. Guess could just waste all their fax paper set it to resend over and over... at least get my money's worth somehow. They'd probably file harassment charges against me... like I said above I don't want handouts from them and I'm even to the point where if they say your SOL I'll take it but want them to stop giving me the pass around and just be straight with me.
I understand completely, and can see how you could be so frustrated. Like you, hopefully someone from AM will see this, get off their duff, and settle the situation on way or another. As much business as they get from the forum members one would think something like this would never happen. I don't think it's their normal procedure, but I know that gives you no comfort. Never give up.
Old 5/13/14, 03:25 PM
Just Plain Rude!

...so it was driven home and sat driven maybe few miles a week. Guess I was too anxious to get them on and never foresaw it being a problem... and if comes down to we can't because of you driving on them then that's my issue I will gladly take the hit...
You explained and solved your problem right there. Not only did you mount a tire, but you drove on it as well. That is what it comes down to...it is now a used product and can't be returned. There's no reason to even be in contact with them about it. It is on you to take the hit, because you mounted it instead of returning it right away.
Old 5/13/14, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I've ordered plenty of things through them just never had to return anything... wonder if anyone else had problems with returns to them... I really hate causing waves and normally wouldn't vent my frustration I'm just at wits end with it... and figured only way to get their attention would be either voice it hear or get a lawyer to voice it for me... but is it really worth lawyer fees for a $200 rim
Old 5/13/14, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Okay so what you're saying is that their LIFETIME STRUCTUAL WARRANTY means nill. Because had it not been caught by the person installing it and someone later balancing the tires or mounting new ones notices it's out of wack is that still not a STRUCTUAL problem? If not then if Dan or Shane or anyone from AM says your screwed coming from their lips that's fine I'll replace all the rims with something better and sell the 3 good rims out as spares or extras to someone unlike them though I WILL NOT sell the bad rim... ever. it'll get hung on the garage wall somewhere as a reminder.

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
You explained and solved your problem right there. Not only did you mount a tire, but you drove on it as well. That is what it comes down to...it is now a used product and can't be returned. There's no reason to even be in contact with them about it. It is on you to take the hit, because you mounted it instead of returning it right away.

Last edited by punishermustang; 5/13/14 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Not usually one to air dirty laundry but...