2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Not a great day for my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/11, 01:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not a great day for my mustang

So after spending 3 weeks waiting for a new MT82, I picked up my mustang from the dealer after an enthusiastic call from my service manager.

I had taken it in for:
-Rear end seal on passenger side leaking
-AC compressor clutch came apart, kicked the belt and destroyed the pulley, mid summer in Hell, er Phoenix
-Whine from my MT82, all gears, getting louder and louder. Shifted OK
-odd wind noise that crept up at 70MPH in right rocker panel

Today, the car was detailed and sitting ready, with a revised MT82 in place of the old (which had scored bearings, discolored shafts, and metal in the fluid). The new one was filled with QDC, they replaced a control arm that they didn't like how a bushing looked on and performed an alignment. The rear end was repaired and fresh fluid added, the AC replaced and blew cold air. The car drove amazing, the new transmission didn't make a peep, could be shifted with one finger (which while the old one shifted ok, the new one shifts amazing). The workers were very, very thourough with getting this car straightened out, like new.

However, not 5 minutes after picking up the car and being stuck with the most rediculous of smiles (I mean, I forgot how this car sounds, how it moves and fits me, perfectly.). I couldn't have been happier to be rid of the toyota crapolla/crapry or whatever it was, however at the first errand I ran in the car, I noticed a large portion of the rear bumper was scuffed, scratched as if the car was backed into something, hard. I called my service advisor and back to the dealer. They were very professional, brought out the service manager and claimed that they'd be able to make it like it never happened. With a sore reserved feeling, I handed the keys back over and back to the Camry I go.

Anyways, needed to vent. Leaving the dealer's name out of it for now to see how the repair is handled, but **** its a bummer that my 2011 is getting repainted in 2011 due to someone else's carelessness.

Another note is the car is yellow blaze. They believe the car can be touched up without repainting the whole panel, but I just don't see how?! I had a Laser red car before (also a tri-coat paint), and after its last repaint, it took 3 attempts to get a door just right, and that was the whole panel.

Bummer.
Old 9/20/11, 02:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a great start for your car but im sure once this is all said and done. SMILES FROM EAR TO EAR AGAIN. With the BBR tune i'm loving my daily, too bad i 'm racking in the miles. Just love to drive her.
Old 9/20/11, 10:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at least the transmission's fixed!
Are you sure they're repainting the bumper or are they gonna try and compound it out first?
Old 9/20/11, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
at least the transmission's fixed!
Are you sure they're repainting the bumper or are they gonna try and compound it out first?
I think they were going to try to compound and touch it up.

However, the scratches were through to the plastic, so I have no idea what they hope to accomplish by that. Though it was the service advisers talking about what they could do, I'm sure the body shop will give a more realistic expectation of what can be done (given that its black plastic, a touch up job would be **** near impossible I think, you'd have to prime, base, pearl and clear and that would be no fun to get the mixes right to blend and block properly).
Old 9/20/11, 11:17 AM

Sometimes SH

New to the forum, saw your post and new exactly how you felt. I bought the wife a new Murano last year. Picked it up from the dealer and parked it in the driveway. She came out all excited and then asked who I had hit on the way home! I looked at the front of the car and the license plate holder was crushed and the bumper was scuffed. Back to the dealer expecting an argument. Luckily, when questioned the clean-up guy admitted having bumped another car. When it was fixed, there was no trace of a problem. I'm betting and hoping you get the same result.
Old 9/20/11, 11:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah don't settle for anything less than perfect.
Last summer some a*hole hit my door in a parking lot, and took off of course.
The dent wasn’t that big but these paint colors are hard to match, I finally had them replace the entire door panel and they had to paint the whole side to get the blend right.. came out very good though, could never tell
Old 9/21/11, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

An update: Called them today, car is still in body shop. They're pulling the cover and doing a full repaint of it. I knew it would happen. However, they feel they'll have it ready tomorrow including replacing the car's sidestripes that end on the cover.
Old 9/21/11, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

is that your car in your avatar?
Old 9/21/11, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah, that's the one
Old 9/21/11, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hopefully they get the color match correct. Maybe see you at the track this weekend?
Old 9/21/11, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Hopefully they get the color match correct. Maybe see you at the track this weekend?
I'll be there, not sure about the car. Picking up wheels for the conti slicks soon though.

I want to check out a pro-auto event day just to get a feel either way. Sunday I have kart racing to do, so I'll be out Saturday for sure.
Old 9/21/11, 04:42 PM

Sounds good man. Gate 3, bondurant skidpad pits opposite west track paddock.
Old 9/21/11, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

wow. I have the car back, with a freshly painted rear bumper. I've never seen a 2 day turnaround in a body shop before. They did a great job with the color match as well, the graphic match? not so much, but I will contact Competition graphics and handle that on my own

Glad its all behind me, and glad the dealer did the right thing without a fight (and so quickly)
Old 9/21/11, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's the part of invoice regarding the transmission:

Old 9/21/11, 09:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What dealer did yo have it at? Just curious! It looks great!
Old 9/21/11, 10:52 PM

Wow that was fast! Looks like they gave you the stock Ford 302 rear panel graphics. No other way to resolve that than on your own.
Old 9/21/11, 11:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Wow that was fast! Looks like they gave you the stock Ford 302 rear panel graphics. No other way to resolve that than on your own.
Yeah, I'll hit up the FR contacts tomorrow. Hopefully won't cost much (plus I've been meaning to get a 302 cut for the top of the stripe anyways to finish it off).

I don't think this is the same as the boss 302 stock package either, looking at the sexy yellow blaze boss they had on display, the tail of its stripe was like what I had before.

Either way, I applaud those guys for rocking it out so quickly, and at least trying on the decal (its close enough no one will notice until the proper ones come in). To me that was going for the extra point in the attention to detail department.
Old 9/21/11, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
What dealer did yo have it at? Just curious! It looks great!

Bell Ford.

I'm just not going to complain, I guess everyone has a bad day once in a while and I'm just happy that they made it right. They'll continue to get my service business, and I can practically guarantee it will never happen again.
Old 9/22/11, 10:32 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Glad they got your car back to you quickly. How many miles did you have on your car when the transmission went bad?

What kart are you running?
Old 9/22/11, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Dang it... my transmission is whining like crazy in gears 1 & 2... it's still barely audible in the other gears, but only if I listen REALLY intently. I'm all the way in Surprise, but work in North Scottsdale. I wonder if I should take it to Bell Ford

Quick Reply: Not a great day for my mustang