2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Not Doing Recaros

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/12, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Doing Recaros

As I await my 2013 GT I wonder if anyone can shed the light of a quick review on the stock premium seats. 18 years ago I had an 1989 LX Sport with red interior. Since then I have always loved red interiors in Mustangs. Besides the Shaker Pro, Recaros are the only option I am leaving off of my Silver 'Stang; I am hoping that someone can tell me that I won't miss them (too much).
Old 3/30/12, 07:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fstxhorn
As I await my 2013 GT I wonder if anyone can shed the light of a quick review on the stock premium seats. 18 years ago I had an 1989 LX Sport with red interior. Since then I have always loved red interiors in Mustangs. Besides the Shaker Pro, Recaros are the only option I am leaving off of my Silver 'Stang; I am hoping that someone can tell me that I won't miss them (too much).

I got the '13 GT premium, I am very sad I didn't go with the recaros. I came from a VW GTI that had seats with great bolstering, the bolstering on the stock premium mustang seats sucks. IF you plan on any performance driving you will be sliding all over the seat, which really blows if you got a manual. If I was you, and I could still modify my order, I would drop the comfort package and pick up the recaro's. As it stands, I plan on buying the recaros in the future as a part order.

Sorry to not be able to answer in the way you wanted.
Old 3/30/12, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abianchi
I got the '13 GT premium, I am very sad I didn't go with the recaros. I came from a VW GTI that had seats with great bolstering, the bolstering on the stock premium mustang seats sucks. IF you plan on any performance driving you will be sliding all over the seat, which really blows if you got a manual. If I was you, and I could still modify my order, I would drop the comfort package and pick up the recaro's. As it stands, I plan on buying the recaros in the future as a part order.

Sorry to not be able to answer in the way you wanted.
This. Recaros are a must if you like to turn a lot. I am going to order the leather ones as soon as they are available on the aftermarket!
Old 3/30/12, 08:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Agreed as well - the regular premium GT seats don't have any more side bolstering than an average Fusion, Camry, etc. In hard cornering, it's pretty bad - you'll get more stability out of your left foot on the dead pedal than you do from those seats. They might be more comfy for fat Americans, but they aren't what I'd have picked if I had a choice on my '11.
Old 3/30/12, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really like the red interior, but the Recaros may just be too good!
Old 3/30/12, 09:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Get the recaros
Old 3/30/12, 10:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Red int w/ silver is gorgeous, unless you're tracking your car get what you like..
should find a car on the lot and try both, recaros's or red int will be hard to come by though
Old 3/30/12, 10:21 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really like the red interior, but the Recaros may just be too good!
If you do any spirited driving they definitely will be.

The seats in my 370Z weren't great by any means, but they were worlds better than the stock Premium seats in the 5.0. It sucks now with all of my suspension mods... I have so much grip and cornering capability, but I get thrown about in my seat!

I also have an S2000 which I drive a few days out of the week. It really helps reinforce how bad the bolstering is on the 5.0!

I'm tempted to get a Corbeau FX1 seat for my Dragon trip in May, then switch to the Recaros as soon as they come available!
Old 3/30/12, 10:29 AM

I have a Mk5 GTI now and am thinking about a Mustang come summer time. I adore the seats in my GTI, so the Recaros are at the top of my Mustang options list. I've sat in a number of standard cars, as well as a Recaro Boss, and I'm sold. The $7000 "V8 option" is something I'm still weighing, but I'd get the performance packages and cocoon thrones either way.
Old 3/30/12, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ian517
I have a Mk5 GTI now and am thinking about a Mustang come summer time. I adore the seats in my GTI, so the Recaros are at the top of my Mustang options list. I've sat in a number of standard cars, as well as a Recaro Boss, and I'm sold. The $7000 "V8 option" is something I'm still weighing, but I'd get the performance packages and cocoon thrones either way.

If i was worried about purchase price, I would do the base GT with track pack and recaros.
Old 3/30/12, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by cinque35
Red int w/ silver is gorgeous, unless you're tracking your car get what you like..
should find a car on the lot and try both, recaros's or red int will be hard to come by though
That's the bitc* of this: I am in Afghanistan and have to drop the hammer without a test drive or lot looksee. I have no intention of tracking it (although I am getting the track pack anyway), and will be using the car mostly for weekend touring and driving to work a couple of days a week (3 miles one way). Ahhh...
Old 3/30/12, 11:15 AM
Cobra Member

That's the bitc* of this: I am in Afghanistan and have to drop the hammer without a test drive or lot looksee. I have no intention of tracking it (although I am getting the track pack anyway), and will be using the car mostly for weekend touring and driving to work a couple of days a week (3 miles one way). Ahhh...
The Recaros are comfy and they hold you snugly. Get them. You won't regret it!
Old 3/30/12, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
The Recaros are comfy and they hold you snugly. Get them. You won't regret it!
The recaros really are comfy and they do hold you snuggly.
Even if you are a fat american. The problem is if your a fat american as myself, the sturdy bolsters the racaros have tend to be quite bothersome getting in and out of the seat/car. But once you are in them, you are fine.
I am 270 and 5'11"
But still sorta on the fence. But once you are in the recaros I feel like I could drive it across the states without issue or discomfort.
Old 3/30/12, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Why would you ever want to get out of your car?
Old 3/30/12, 12:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
Why would you ever want to get out of your car?
I could give a few reasons :joke:
Old 3/30/12, 01:51 PM
Cobra R Member

lol, well then it'll be REALLY hard to find one.. i like the red better but since you're getting the trac pack maybe you should do recaro's, they kinda go together.. i'ld say both or neither
Old 3/30/12, 02:05 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Just get the recaros and have them recovered. Not that big of a deal. Any color any material you want.
Old 3/30/12, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Do it.
Attached Images  
Old 3/30/12, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After seeing the new headrest, recaros are a must.
Old 3/30/12, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

Recaros and Shaker Pro were the two options I didn't go with on mine. I do plan to buy the Recaros eventually though as soon as I secure my next job and they are available aftermarket.

Quick Reply: Not Doing Recaros