2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

No Sequential Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/22, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sequential Lights???

Hey guys, I am having an issue with my 2012 mustang gt not having sequential lights? I checked the ford data modules and forscan both show my sequential are enabled. I am confused on what preventing them from doing it. I have tried 3 different style taillights and they are all solid blinks no sequential. I tried the AM kit and on all 3 taillights the outer bulb doesnt blink at all so i know theres something wrong. Maybe my car doesnt have that option?
Old 12/31/22, 04:28 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally Posted by nievesfoo
Hey guys, I am having an issue with my 2012 mustang gt not having sequential lights? I checked the ford data modules and forscan both show my sequential are enabled. I am confused on what preventing them from doing it. I have tried 3 different style taillights and they are all solid blinks no sequential. I tried the AM kit and on all 3 taillights the outer bulb doesnt blink at all so i know theres something wrong. Maybe my car doesnt have that option?
Send me Your VIN to clevparts@aol.com and I will see if I Can Pull Anything to help. Also Send Via Email as Some Files I will Send Back will not go through TMS Pm's.

KC
The following users liked this post:
nievesfoo (1/11/23)
Old 12/31/22, 10:06 AM
The Analog Admin!

Verified Car Has Seq Lights.

Would Advise Try Oem Referenced Bulbs in Lamps If Not Using them Now. Posted Owners Manual For Bulb & Fuse Reference Just in Case you Don't Have! If Needed Try Battery Disconnect for Ten Minutes after Replacing Bulbs.

Also You May Have Open Recall on Vehicle for {Second Gen Airbag Inflator}. Simply Call Local Dealer with Vin to Check!

This May Help!

KC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2012 MustangLampx.pdf (419.7 KB, 21 views)
2012 Mustanglampcodes.pdf (225.7 KB, 18 views)
2012 Owners Manual.pdf (2.40 MB, 14 views)

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/31/22 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12/31/22, 05:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by nievesfoo
If there is a bulb out the taillights will not blink Sequential so if it is picking up no bulb on the outside of 3 different sets it is either
1) 3 sets of lights are bad
2) European Spec car and it has different taillights from the factory, turn signal is supposed to be Amber
3) BCM is bad
Old 1/3/23, 12:12 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you put a non-canbus LED in the front turn signals, the sequential rear turn signals get disabled. I saw this first hand on my 2013. I swapped in a different set of canbus LED in the front and the rear sequential started working again. If you have aftermarket LED in the front, try a different set or go back to standard incandescent bulbs.

Last edited by VIP1; 1/3/23 at 12:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (1/3/23)
Old 1/11/23, 11:21 PM

The outer build does not blink when using the sequential plug n play kit. It blinks normally without it. The car was manufactured in Florida as far as carmax tells me. It has the sticker in the hood about california emmisions too. BCM? Is that the one in the trunk what they call the lighting control module or is it the one under passenger dash? How can i test it?
Old 1/11/23, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by VIP1
If you put a non-canbus LED in the front turn signals, the sequential rear turn signals get disabled. I saw this first hand on my 2013. I swapped in a different set of canbus LED in the front and the rear sequential started working again. If you have aftermarket LED in the front, try a different set or go back to standard incandescent bulbs.
No way this is it? When I bought the car it was all OEM with no sequential functions. I didnt realize all mustangs are equipped with that feature until i recently saw one with it. That how i started this investigation lol. I do have LED fronts with a canbus decoder i will try disconnecting them to see if they make a difference but i doubt it
Old 1/11/23, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Verified Car Has Seq Lights.

Would Advise Try Oem Referenced Bulbs in Lamps If Not Using them Now. Posted Owners Manual For Bulb & Fuse Reference Just in Case you Don't Have! If Needed Try Battery Disconnect for Ten Minutes after Replacing Bulbs.

Also You May Have Open Recall on Vehicle for {Second Gen Airbag Inflator}. Simply Call Local Dealer with Vin to Check!

This May Help!

KC
The car came with factory bulbs. The car did not have any sequential features with OEM equipment. I bought taillights because they advertise as sequential but little did i know that its meant to work with the OEM sequential feature i currently dont have. I checked the Ford website with my vin for any recalls and it came back negative
Old 1/12/23, 06:30 AM
The Analog Admin!

I got Curious & Found the 2012 FORD MUSTANG Order Guide. As Per Page 2 & 7 Seq. Lamps Were Standard as of 2012 in V6 &GT. So You Should Have the Seq. Lamps. A Sampling of 2012 Window Stickers also Showed the Seq. Lamps as Standard Equipment for 2012, Something was Disabled or Changed at Some Point. A Module could have been Replaced and Not Configured Correctly.

KC
Attached Files
2012Orderguide.pdf (271.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/12/23 at 07:10 AM.
Old 1/12/23, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I got Curious & Found the 2012 FORD MUSTANG Order Guide. As Per Page 2 & 7 Seq. Lamps Were Standard as of 2012 in V6 &GT. So You Should Have the Seq. Lamps. A Sampling of 2012 Window Stickers also Showed the Seq. Lamps as Standard Equipment for 2012, Something was Disabled or Changed at Some Point. A Module could have been Replaced and Not Configured Correctly.

KC
when I plugged in forscan to read the module data it appears that the feature is indeed turned on by default. All my fuses work. All my other lights work. What I did find was I exposed the wiring going into the passenger taillight in the trunk and I found 2 splices but it looks OEM? 2 cables going into 1 surrounded by lots of tape.
Old 1/12/23, 07:53 AM

I also bought a used BCM. I read that this vehicle in particular doesn’t really have BCM it has multiple. The lighting control module in the trunk seems to be responsible for the taillights. I will be replacing that to rule out that. But I am very doubtful it can’t possibly be that because I would have run into more issues.