2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

No brotherly love

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/16 | 01:40 PM

No brotherly love

First off I wanna say hello. Been creeping on the forums for months since I bought a 2013 5.0 race red MT a few months ago. 10k miles, it's a premium with the 401a. Bone stock except owner before put a new shifter on. Not sure which one. Love the car.

Last night I was pulling into walmart when I spied a race red 10' gt500 parked. Older man sitting in driver seat. So I parked a few spaces away. Got out and looked at him, he looked at me and I then said "nice car" with a smile....nothing. Not a head nod, not a wave, nothing. I came back out minutes later and he was still sitting there and didn't even look at me when I got in my car.

Anytime someone tells me nice car or asks about my car I at least give a thank you. I believe a nice car is a work of art and people like to look at them.

I can't begin to count the times people have gawked or shown appreciation for my car. Every time it makes me feel great about my car. So when I show a fellow enthusiast my love and I get nothing...Makes me a little sad.

Just figured I'd share my experience.
Old 2/27/16 | 01:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Same thing we with the V6 get from Most GT owners.
Old 2/27/16 | 01:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

GT500 drivers are A holes, not going to even acknowledge someone in a lowly GT. They think their poo doesn't stink.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/27/16 at 01:52 PM.
Old 2/27/16 | 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
GT500 drivers are A holes, not going to even acknowledge someone in a lowly GT. They think their poo doesn't stink.
Thanks for making me feel better.
LEXiiON
Old 2/27/16 | 02:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Thanks for making me feel better.
LEXiiON

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/27/16 at 02:02 PM.
Old 2/27/16 | 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Same thing we with the V6 get from Most GT owners.
I always try to give a thumbs up or nod to other Mustangs I see, especially someone in a 2010+ S197, there doesn't seem to be that much of them around in NYC. I am seeing a lot of 2015s, but mostly the ecoboosts. Camaros are all over the city, those I ignore.
Old 2/27/16 | 04:16 PM
GTR Member

I thought it was just all mustang owners were ***holes
Old 2/27/16 | 04:34 PM
Post *****

******** drive all different kinds of cars. Unfortunately driving a mustang doesn't keep someone from being an *******.
Old 2/27/16 | 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
******** drive all different kinds of cars. Unfortunately driving a mustang doesn't keep someone from being an *******.
This.

It happens every now and then, but most of the reactions are positive for me. Last night on the way to our meet, a 1LE was going the other direction as I was stopped at a light - gave him a quick 5k rev, he revved back to about the same, we both smiled and nodded. His car sounded awesome, about equally as loud as mine. That's how it should be, even with "rivals."

We put together a meet for the locals last night and there was no discrimination. There were Mazdaspeed3s, SRT-4s, Chevy trucks, flat black Bronco, Jeeps, Xterras, Camaros, all kinds of Mustangs (stock and modded, ecoboost, V6, GT500 etc). It was a great time. The cops hung out with us the whole time we were there, but kept their distance (after they ran every single one of our plates and had zero hits lol). They even gave us a little light show.

View this post on Instagram
Old 2/27/16 | 06:45 PM

The town I live in isn't that big. Mine is the only 5.0 s197. There is 1 dub edition and one MCA, lots of v6 camaros and challengers driven by 50 year old lady's. So a gt500 (out of state plates) was a nice sight for me. Rarely see a nicer car than mine out.

Although a doc in my town has a Jimmy j nascar, original gt40 and challenger hellcat. Rumor is his kid drives a GTR bit I haven't seen it.
Old 2/27/16 | 09:00 PM
V6 Member

Uuhhh, GT500 owners aren't a bunch of snobby a holes. I was coming back from a long road trip today after a family member passed. I saw no less than 12 late model mustangs and several older ones. Every single one of the noticed my car and gave a friendly nod, thumbs-up, or flash of the lights.

One of them was traveling in the same direction as we were. It was a black 2013-2014 GT500 that looked like my car except it was a GT500. When he got side by side with me, he reved that beautiful sounding 5.8 (with loud headers/axle backs) to get my attention. When I looked over, he lowered his window and gave me a thumbs-up as I did the same.

Aholes are what they are. Not what they drive.
Old 2/27/16 | 09:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by crjackson2134
Uuhhh, GT500 owners aren't a bunch of snobby a holes. I was coming back from a long road trip today after a family member passed. I saw no less than 12 late model mustangs and several older ones. Every single one of the noticed my car and gave a friendly nod, thumbs-up, or flash of the lights.

One of them was traveling in the same direction as we were. It was a black 2013-2014 GT500 that looked like my car except it was a GT500. When he got side by side with me, he reved that beautiful sounding 5.8 (with loud headers/axle backs) to get my attention. When I looked over, he lowered his window and gave me a thumbs-up as I did the same.

Aholes are what they are. Not what they drive.
I was just making a joke and being sarcastic to get a rise out of people. People on here know that and I was poking fun at myself with sarcasm.

Old 2/27/16 | 09:23 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by crjackson2134
Uuhhh,

Aholes are what they are. Not what they drive. Except BMW drivers!
Fixed.
Old 2/27/16 | 09:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I was just making a joke and being sarcastic to get a rise out of people. People on here know that and I was poking fun at myself with sarcasm.

Understood... Wasn't really pointing that directly at you, was just pointing out that most Mustang owners are friendly and acknowledge other Mustang owners as members of a very special club. Once in a while I run across a jerk, or perhaps someone in a bad mood. That can't be correlated to their car.

BTW, beautiful ride...

Last edited by crjackson; 2/27/16 at 09:52 PM.
Old 2/27/16 | 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

You said it was an old man. He probably didn't have his hearing aid turned up. LMAO
Old 2/27/16 | 10:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by redonblackpony
You said it was an old man. He probably didn't have his hearing aid turned up. LMAO
Old 2/28/16 | 05:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

GF and I were at a small show last summer, my Whippled GT parked next to her GT500 as always.
We're both at our cars, wiping them down, whatever.
Old couple pulls in in a dark red '13-'14 GT500, front license plate mounted in front of the heat exchanger opening.
He gets out, puts the hood up, wonders about a bit.
He makes his way to us, looks under my GF's hood, sees the "lowly" 5.4 and asks something about it, my GF says the mods and that she was at about 550-560 rwhp at the time, before the TVS was installed.
He turns and points to his car and just says "Six sixty-two"
Like, really dude?
Everybody can read a magazine ... and if you really knew your car you'd probably know that they're under-rated and you wouldn't walk around looking like a pompous as* spouting off advertised HP numbers.
Anyway, they stayed another 10-15 minutes and it probably got to be nappy time so they left.
Felt sorry for the car, but I'm sure he'll soon trade it in for a Corvette anyway, he was definitely in the typical Corvette-owner age range ...
Old 2/28/16 | 07:13 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I can appreciate all kinds of cars, and I can appreciate cars nicer than mine as well as cars that are not. And even if there is a car there that I think is ugly or not well done, I will not insult the proud owner. I understand that my Mustang (or Corvair) may not be everyone's cup of tea, even though I like them.
Old 2/28/16 | 01:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sadly arseholes can buy any car they want. It's all across the board. I drive a Corvette (the Mustang is the Wifey's), and many that own one are the same way. I just shake my head, and move on. To me it's the difference between a real car guy, and a guy that just owns a car.

Last edited by wanted33; 2/28/16 at 01:02 PM.
Old 2/28/16 | 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
GF and I were at a small show last summer, my Whippled GT parked next to her GT500 as always.
We're both at our cars, wiping them down, whatever.
Old couple pulls in in a dark red '13-'14 GT500, front license plate mounted in front of the heat exchanger opening.
He gets out, puts the hood up, wonders about a bit.
He makes his way to us, looks under my GF's hood, sees the "lowly" 5.4 and asks something about it, my GF says the mods and that she was at about 550-560 rwhp at the time, before the TVS was installed.
He turns and points to his car and just says "Six sixty-two"
Like, really dude?
Everybody can read a magazine ... and if you really knew your car you'd probably know that they're under-rated and you wouldn't walk around looking like a pompous as* spouting off advertised HP numbers.
Anyway, they stayed another 10-15 minutes and it probably got to be nappy time so they left.
Felt sorry for the car, but I'm sure he'll soon trade it in for a Corvette anyway, he was definitely in the typical Corvette-owner age range ...
Lol...quite often the guys that buy the 2013-14 GT500 have little or no skill when it comes to driving them. There was a guy at the track last year with a 2014 GT500 convertible with drag radials that was running slower times than my wife's 5.0 convertible. I've stomped on a couple of 5.8's with my lowly 5.4. Skill can often trump horsepower.

Quick Reply: No brotherly love