The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   New Spy shots - Red Coupe (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/new-spy-shots-red-coupe-462093/)

Eights 1/11/08 09:13 AM

unnoticedtrails: Luke, that red effort is probably really, really close! Great work yet again, Luke! Bravo and all that!

Greg "Eights" Ates

unnoticedtrails 1/11/08 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Eights (Post 1085409)
unnoticedtrails: Luke, that red effort is probably really, really close! Great work yet again, Luke! Bravo and all that!

Greg "Eights" Ates

Thank you so much for the compliment Greg!

RCSignals 1/15/08 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx (Post 1078809)
I see hips... The mirrors are smaller, but still ugly IMO!

-danny

you mean the 'bump' in body line behind the doors? I think that's called shoulder.

jarradasay 1/16/08 06:46 AM

Nope, at least extensively throughout this site they are called hips. I don't know that i've heard them called shoulders before.:dunno:

Boomer 1/16/08 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by RCSignals (Post 1088307)
you mean the 'bump' in body line behind the doors? I think that's called shoulder.

You mean hips?
Don't know what anatomy class you took but hips are closer to the rear than shoulders are :grin: :rofl2:

AWmustang 1/16/08 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by RCSignals (Post 1088307)

Think of the car like a 4 legged animal. The shoulders are above the front legs/wheels, hips are by the rear legs/wheels.

if you would like to see a classic example of a car with shoulders take a look at a stingray corvette. it has hips too.

http://local.aaca.org/siraaca/images...E_STINGRAY.jpg

jarradasay 1/16/08 10:48 AM

Man, we sure jumped the poor guy didn't we!:grin:

RCSignals 1/16/08 03:10 PM

'Shoulders' is what I've read the bumped line behind the doors described as in articles quoting Ford Mustang designers.

Hips are the bulge out at the sides of the rear quarter panels behind the doors, kind of like the Camaro concept does.

Someone here started referring to them as hips on the Mustang and it caught on. That's OK doesn't really matter to me.

That freature line is what teh current Mustang should have had.

fordboy97f150 1/16/08 03:57 PM

you know, ive seen deep shiney black look like chrome... lets hope so eh?

(reffering to headlight/amber housing)

jarradasay 1/17/08 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by RCSignals (Post 1088924)
'Shoulders' is what I've read the bumped line behind the doors described as in articles quoting Ford Mustang designers.

Hips are the bulge out at the sides of the rear quarter panels behind the doors, kind of like the Camaro concept does.

Someone here started referring to them as hips on the Mustang and it caught on. That's OK doesn't really matter to me.

That freature line is what teh current Mustang should have had.

Weird. never heard that before. I have always heard the "bulge out at the sides" referred to as Flares. I'm pretty sure the current use of the word Hip originated long before the internet or its use in these forums. I googled mustang Hips and got many responses that refer to the rear quarter body line. Googled mustang shoulder, didn't get any in the first five pages that referred to this.

I love your last line. Classic!! I agree, "that feature line is what the current mustang should have had".:grin:

RCSignals 1/17/08 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by jarradasay (Post 1089444)
Weird. never heard that before. I have always heard the "bulge out at the sides" referred to as Flares. I'm pretty sure the current use of the word Hip originated long before the internet or its use in these forums. I googled mustang Hips and got many responses that refer to the rear quarter body line. Googled mustang shoulder, didn't get any in the first five pages that referred to this.

I love your last line. Classic!! I agree, "that feature line is what the current mustang should have had".:grin:

Yes I always wondered why they left that off the 2005 design.
(thanks for improving my typing of it :grin:)

'flare' I think usually refers to the size of the lip around the wheel opening.

paradigm1220 1/18/08 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by RCSignals (Post 1089790)
'flare' I think usually refers to the size of the lip around the wheel opening.

Or buttons that waitresses wear on their suspenders. And the more the better.

RCSignals 1/18/08 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by paradigm1220 (Post 1090072)
Or buttons that waitresses wear on their suspenders. And the more the better.

buttons :grin: